kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]

If this is legit, wow.

indeed, wtf?

Quoted from Wiethoofd

I already got banned for ‘complaining’ about the html/css that it pushes my username out of the nav thing (and possibly me doing work for TF2Pickup).

This MasterNoob guy has some issues and can’t respond normally to feedback and keeps hammering on the fact that THIS IS BETA (imagine the guy from 300 kicking you down the pit).

Despite the fact that this is beta, there are people that continually complain to the point where it’s not productive, and is just designed to irritate. All your comments that I saw looking through the chat logs were along the lines of criticising the HTML source code and complaining about bugs. There was nothing productive or constructive in anything you were saying, and it was not said to inform us but more to tell us how bad you thought it was.

While I disagree with the ban being placed, he did say he wanted to test the ban system, to which your reply was to go for it.

Also, you then brought the issue to another forum with no constructive aims – again, you criticise. You haven’t left any feedback, you haven’t mentioned this issue to any of the other people involved, you’ve just posted with the sole intention of trying to make us look bad to the community.

We have gained a huge amount of useful feedback from people telling us their thoughts and opinions on the site. We don’t expect everyone will like it or want to use it. There will be some people that just see it as another TF2Lobby and disregard/criticise it. Everyone is welcome to their opinions. But please don’t come into our house, go through our stuff, tell us how bad the carpets are, and then get upset when we ask you to leave.

jayserp

Quoted from Wiethoofd

I already got banned for ‘complaining’ about the html/css that it pushes my username out of the nav thing (and possibly me doing work for TF2Pickup).

This MasterNoob guy has some issues and can’t respond normally to feedback and keeps hammering on the fact that THIS IS BETA (imagine the guy from 300 kicking you down the pit).

We told you about multiple avenues to provide constructive feedback. Again, one is the feedback button the left of the page (linked here: http://tf2center.idea.informer.com/proj/) and the other is our email address info[at]tf2center.com.

Despite this, you continually went on about our ‘bad’ website design to the extent that the chat panel was full of your bickering, interspersed by a few friendly people who stepped in to defend TF2Center. We have received numerous constructive emails from people highlighting bugs and giving feature requests. All of which are within our project management system, and some already being implemented. If you wish to reword your criticism into something constructive, we are happy to take note.

If you are simply looking to cause unrest to further your own personal projects, then I’m afraid none of the team will tolerate that.

In addition, MasterNoob banned you temporarily. I note by our logs that you logged in very shortly after, so must be aware that your ban has expired:

[2013-11-10 20:31:12,142] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has tried to login, while banned: ‘null’
[2013-11-10 20:32:13,869] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has logged in
[2013-11-10 21:00:53,556] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has logged in
[2013-11-10 21:31:26,924] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has logged in

Consider this your first warning. We do not ban for trivial matters, but continued, persistent and unsubstantiated trouble-making may lead to further repercussions.

We are here to serve the TF2 community and wish you well with your TF2 endeavors. If you can show the same courtesy to us, that would be appreciated.

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

Quoted from foxy_dave

All your comments that I saw looking through the chat logs were along the lines of criticising the HTML source code and complaining about bugs. There was nothing productive or constructive in anything you were saying, and it was not said to inform us but more to tell us how bad you thought it was.

Feel free to interpret it however you like, but if I have to download 17 javascript files, 7 stylesheets then I think I have a right to complain that you’re hogging my temporary folder space. (and you only use the lines in chat that I posted that benefit your story here)

If my username hadn’t contained the TF2Pickup part we wouldn’t have had this conversation because the chat escalated because someone noticed it and started bashing me.

And since when is complaining about bugs not constructive?

While I disagree with the ban being placed, he did say he wanted to test the ban system, to which your reply was to go for it.

Then your ban message should contain some mark-up (I’ve mentioned that as a bug and suggested the solution to MasterNoob) and a show a possible duration of the (temporary) ban. I had no idea it was a temp ban!

Also, you then brought the issue to another forum with no constructive aims – again, you criticise. You haven’t left any feedback, you haven’t mentioned this issue to any of the other people involved, you’ve just posted with the sole intention of trying to make us look bad to the community.

I like how you make all those assumptions! I contacted MasterNoob, he insulted me before listening to any suggestions/questions/feedback. And I posted here only after contacting him.

Everyone is welcome to their opinions. But please don’t come into our house, go through our stuff, tell us how bad the carpets are, and then get upset when we ask you to leave.

I didn’t even got a chance to tidy up those carpets and got kicked out of the door (literally) when you didn’t like my looks.

Quoted from jayserp

Despite this, you continually went on about our ‘bad’ website design to the extent that the chat panel was full of your bickering, interspersed by a few friendly people who stepped in to defend TF2Center.

If you wish to reword your criticism into something constructive, we are happy to take note.

I’ll pass, thank you, apparently MasterNoob can only respond with insults.

In addition, MasterNoob banned you temporarily. I note by our logs that you logged in very shortly after, so must be aware that your ban has expired:

[2013-11-10 20:31:12,142] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has tried to login, while banned: ‘null’
[2013-11-10 20:32:13,869] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has logged in
[2013-11-10 21:00:53,556] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has logged in
[2013-11-10 21:31:26,924] INFO | Player ‘Wietje | whitelist.tf TF2Pickup (76561197990121837)’ has logged in

FYI: I never logged out! I pressed the back button and could instantly see everything again on the page, only when typing in chat I got send to the /banned page (without mark-up or duration as mentioned earlier)

And holy shit, every page refresh is counted as a new login, please guys, some cookies to handle that, ktnx (see, constructive feedback)

Consider this your first warning. We do not ban for trivial matters, but continued, persistent and unsubstantiated trouble-making may lead to further repercussions.

Holy shit, the warning carries on through from the beta, am I the first, have I won something now?

And you would not allow to substantiate my claims, I was banned before someone would listen to my claims that the html/css actually are ‘bad’. There is too much html

We are here to serve the TF2 community and wish you well with your TF2 endeavours. If you can show the same courtesy to us, that would be appreciated.

I wish I’d have this much of a response on my whitelist.tf topics, but I only seem to be able to collect dust in my own topics.

Ow, apparently MasterNoob didn’t think I’d respond here in time so he kept spamming me the link to this page and saying I was out to ruin you guys by saying what you did is bad.

1. I have better things than to refresh this page
2. What you have done is not bad, it just can be ‘better’ (more efficient HTML/CSS allows for easier maintainability/readability and even the ajax response stuff you do will be faster)
3. Checking the source code in any browser will highlight errors with your html, apparently nobody of you knows about this, the fact that your browser renders it DOES NOT MAKE IT GOOD AND/OR VALID HTML!

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Even though he’s Frysian and automatically born without tact, I do think Wiet is making some good points. Fundamental technical problems are highlighted after the prototype, not during the beta.

// that said, I have no problems with TF2Center, in my opinion it is already outpreforming the alternatives. :)

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

i wouldn’t be surprised if i saw more of these bans

Quoted from Wiethoofd

Feel free to interpret it however you like, but if I have to download 17 javascript files, 7 stylesheets then I think I have a right to complain that you’re hogging my temporary folder space.

We should (and will be) compressing these properly once things go live. Some are already compressed (jquery, and the various plugins), and some are not (because hey, we want to be able to debug things). To be honest, we thought the few hundred KB of extra disc space used in temporary folders wouldn’t be an issue to most players.

Quoted from Wiethoofd

If my username hadn’t contained the TF2Pickup part we wouldn’t have had this conversation because the chat escalated because someone noticed it and started bashing me.

And since when is complaining about bugs not constructive?

Honestly I didn’t see the bashing and don’t know who it was. If it was from anyone involved with TF2Center then I do apologise – we’re all in this to see better sites/tools that the community can benefit from.

Quoted from Wiethoofd

I like how you make all those assumptions! I contacted MasterNoob, he insulted me before listening to any suggestions/questions/feedback. And I posted here only after contacting him.

I didn’t even got a chance to tidy up those carpets and got kicked out of the door (literally) when you didn’t like my looks.

There are multiple people involved with this. Just a suggestion, but maybe don’t complain about the ban to the guy that put the ban in place? Not just here, but in all places that’s generally a bad idea.

Quoted from Wiethoofd

Then your ban message should contain some mark-up (I’ve mentioned that as a bug and suggested the solution to MasterNoob) and a show a possible duration of the (temporary) ban. I had no idea it was a temp ban!

FYI: I never logged out! I pressed the back button and could instantly see everything again on the page, only when typing in chat I got send to the /banned page (without mark-up or duration as mentioned earlier)

And holy shit, every page refresh is counted as a new login, please guys, some cookies to handle that, ktnx (see, constructive feedback)

1. I have better things than to refresh this page
2. What you have done is not bad, it just can be ‘better’ (more efficient HTML/CSS allows for easier maintainability/readability and even the ajax response stuff you do will be faster)
3. Checking the source code in any browser will highlight errors with your html, apparently nobody of you knows about this, the fact that your browser renders it DOES NOT MAKE IT GOOD AND/OR VALID HTML!

Genuine thanks for these – some we already do. HTML validation errors are hard for us to track at development time, since the framework we use splits the various components up. As such we can make sure that a given component is valid, but not when it’s inserted into the bigger picture, and that’s something we’ll need to look into.

For what it’s worth I’ll be discussing bans and how we apply them with the team to make sure that admins don’t get trigger happy. If you have any other thoughts or feedback then I’d be happy to discuss them in person, but I realise that we may have put you off with this episode.

byte

hey dude, some feedback for you.

1) Fundamental issue here, which can be corrected quickly, when I made my own lobby and when the lobby system was “ready” i.e. all 12 players had ready’ed up, it then was changing level and then generated a server password to join.

However the problem is, most if not some servers have in their server.cfg a password being set, so it would initially be set as whatever the betacenter generated e.g “gHuygG72” but then as it executed your password first it got overriden by the server.cfg which in there has a sv_password “xxxx” etc…

Sounds like the order of when to execute the command needs to be changed, yes I could remove the command sv_password from my server.cfg but I shouldn’t need to, i.e. tf2lobby counters that.

2) Another bug which is quite fundamental (this was in chrome not sure about other browsers) but when I wanted to reserve some slots, it did that just fine, however if I toggled them on and off so lets say:

I initially reserved, 1 soldier 2 scout and 1 medic slot, then I started up the lobby, that worked fine and only those 4 were reserved.

Then I did another test and I reserved the same again however checked the demoman box to be reserved then unchecked it, then created the lobby and then it showed the demoman slot was reserved, even though I unchecked it. Seems like a history retaining thing/value not actually set.

3) Also the map isn’t changing, so i.e. I set it to snakewater and it jus kept it on badlands everytime for me on my server.

I apologize if these bugs have already been mentioned, as I’ve not looked at the log

I have other feature suggestions and minor things to report, but too much effort to type here hehe. Also if you need any help js/css/page efficiency/web quirks ^.^ add me on steam =).

UX wise – great, still needs some finishing but yeah really good base, was impressed.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

huhystah

real read

Dendocror

idd.
~MOE~

Quoted from huhystah

real read

many feedback

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Needs the option to do teampicking by captain style pickup. Seriously, all these new TF2Lobby alternatives and improvements look sick, but out of all these webbased pickups, there is still none that offers a captain based picking system, which is the most reliable (not perfect but the most reliable) self-balancing feature.

This in its turn will improve player retention etc (ipz pronounciation)

Last edited by skeej,

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from skeej

Needs the option to do teampicking by captain style pickup. Seriously, all these new TF2Lobby alternatives and improvements look sick, but out of all these webbased pickups, there is still none that offers a captain based picking system, which is the most reliable (not perfect but the most reliable) self-balancing feature.

This in its turn will improve player retention etc (ipz pronounciation)

so the lobby leader gets to pick a 2nd captain, and then both pick between the 2 people signed up for each class?

might work, could also be too confusing for the average lobby player

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

there are multiple approaches to captain style pickups (based on most experience, based on certain achievements, pre-pick captain vote by every player, admins assign captains (if no admin-assigned captains are in the pickup, a different method is used), medics are always captain … a little brainstorming can come up with many ways to make up a captain style system)

Medics always captain is one of the better choices imo, because lower level pickups always suffer from the same problem: nobody wants to med

Last edited by skeej,

AnimaL

forcing medics to be captains will have same effect – ppl wont play med because they dont want to be captain or to be accountable for having picked bad players

captain system – good, forcing someone to be captain in a pub style lobby – bad

Popcorp

I would suggest something like Shuffle system, everyone picks their classes, but the leader has a right to start a vote to shuffle teams, if more than 9 people vote Yes, teams are shuffled, so that they won’t look stacked (everyone keeps their class ofc)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 Next »