Forum

UKeSA TF2 Sign-Ups - Championship - Get Signed Up NOW!

Created 27th January 2009 @ 19:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

JimmyBreeze

k^m

I don’t want to spoil the mood, but it’d be nice to get some clarification about whether or not UKeSA will audit non-UK teams/players from the Championship.

A UKeSA admin posted this on the ED forums:

How will UKeSA know who is not and who is not UK based?

Open Divisions will not be monitored. They are for fun and a stomping ground to get your feet wet with

Champs and Prems will be monitored. Because players need to pay to play, paypal and account details are a start. We will ask anyone who UKeSA is uncertain of for proof of residence and proof of nationality. Passport is one method.

Check out the front page though to see a break down of the manager rule.

From this thread.

Will it really be as simple as signing up foreign teams with British based managers? If so, let’s do it. Otherwise maybe we shouldn’t get carried away before we get this totally figured out.

Moose

[MIPC]

“Option A: The Manager holds IP ownership of the team AND is British and UK based.

This is pretty straight forward. The manager must hold a UK passport and be based in the UK. They must also control the Intellectual Property of the team they manage. This as simple as registering your team on Enemy Down and making sure that it’s an original team name.”

This means that if your clan is not part of any multi-gaming organization or such, you really don’t have any Intellectual Property to begin with. In such cases UKeSA will consider the manager to hold the IP rights to this team once they register the team to Enemy Down. For MGOs it will be more difficult since your name might be a registered trademark and so on. Such teams will either have to give the IP rights to an UK manager, which many larger teams are probably not willing to do, or just stay in the Open division (or leave their MGO if they offer you nothing).

pukz

luls im not paying £7.49 to get rolled.. I’m div 6 :x
bbyes

u are entitled to that attitude and if you are div6 then it is prolly best for you to stay in the open division however Div1,2,3 and even 4 you guys should be supporting TF2 not thinking…

Oh i’m not paying that tiny entry fee because i cant win, dont u know that there are div1 teams that will never win the cash… it doesnt stop them?!?!

IF YOU LOVE PLAYING TF2 & LOVE PLAYING IN LEAGUES lets get TF2 in the premiership!!!!!!

agron

Relic

tapley! go for it, sign up! I can promise you that it won’t be Byte who’s going shopping fro shoes after this season!

But yeah guys, if you love tf2, love the leagues, want to see this game played for years to come, then 8 quids for all that is not that much imo.

pukz

Agron Speaks the truth!!!

:D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Bah just because your MGC’s will pay your entry fee! :P
And yeah ok i wont be buying byte some new shoes, or even 4k getting new scarfs!
Ubersexuals will probably win it and Dunc can spend my money on some y-fronts :p

rage

Can teams who have MGC’s who are going to support them in the championship please post a contacts name and contact details here please.

I think we need an action plan to ensure that TF2 gets the attention and support it deserves with the Premier League status.

I’ll be ****ed if CS 1.6 gets in ahead of TF2 (don’t tell our CS team that tho ;))

My contact details

#nervousgamers / #nervous.tf2 – nervous|rage
msn – [email protected]
enemydown.eu – nvs.rage

cheers

shifty

Sir

Basically to sum it up if we get sign-ups we can have a premier division as well as the championship and the open division.

The premiership is only 8 teams which will be div 1.

Championship will be div 2/3 basically meaning div2/3 teams have chance of winning prizes along the lines of £1k+ id imagine since there are no div 1 teams in the championship. This is a very good opportunity to win something with no div 1 teams in the way.

The top 2 teams who win the championship get promoted to premiership as far as im aware. Then a wildcard match played with 3rd from top in championship/3rd from bottom in premiership.

Open division no prizes, can play for fun.

Darn

rockit like

tapley you are missing the point, there will be two divisions which both will have worthy prizemoney. So paying your clan to join will get dunc some new shoes but then again it will also give your clan the chance to get some new shoes.

Premier for division 1 (Includes bigger coverage, bigger prize purse with LAN finals)
Championship for Div2-4 (Includes media coverage and LAN finals) and top 3 of the season has the possibility to get into premier.

skinnie

TCM

too bad fucking druidz is all swedish

Qun

GoT<3

I’m just paying for the love of TF2. I’m not even able to play TF2 atm :( TF2 really needs this boost!!!

rage

yup skinnie

but then again ukesa wants to retain all its loot within uk teams

if you guys wanna sack druidz off and come play for me give me a shout ;)

(pukz – they can be backup to you guys)

to misquote dunc – “some or all of this message may or may not be true”

cheers

agron

Relic

tapley, we’re paying the fee ourselves actually. Afterall, we can’t ask people to pay the fee and then have someone else pay ours for us.

Qun

GoT<3

Somebody has a team for me? I already paid, but I don’t have a team that participates :(

PS: I can play from the 13th of March, so it’s just to support the team for a while ;)

Akill

It DOES feel abit cheeky that they are asking the players to pay through the nose, especially when you consider them already stating a £35k prize pot. We dont know HOW they are splitting this money up, or even if this is their expected money from singups, or signups will be extra prize money, or if it goes straight into admin stuff.

I would expect this £35k being for premierships only, as it works out roughly over £8k per game, which can be tiered into 1st 2nd 3rd prize pots.

So for our championship games, are we paying to make up this £35k? are we paying for a general championship prize pool to be split over the games? or are we directly supporting OUR TF2 championship?

Stuff id really like to know before i start giving UKeSA my money, its not like they have actually delivered any promises worthy of warranting my dedication yet

If we are paying soley to support our own causes here, it will roughly take 50 full team signups to have a total prize pot of £2250. thats 50 teams competing for 1st 2nd and 3rd with 1st place most likely garnering about £1k-1.5k of it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »