Forum

UKeSA TF2 Sign-Ups - Championship - Get Signed Up NOW!

Created 27th January 2009 @ 19:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

shifty

Sir

So, we made it into the UKeSA Championship. Good effort to everyone!

So we now need the team leaders to register and sign their team up to the Championship.

You can do this here: http://www.enemydown.eu/tournaments/25 <- Sign-Ups.

Just one thing though, their is an entrance fee of £7.49 per player.
Although it appears this can be paid at a later date. (Maybe after the Premiership Teams/Titles have been decided?)

Judging on the sign-ups to Championship, we can be promoted to the Premiership. This means a hell of a lot more coverage for TF2 and obviously more recognition. Maybe the start of something.

As quoted by Moose:
The teams will be divided to Open and Championship leagues so you can very well play the Open without paying anything. Those teams who are “serious” about the game and wish to support TF2 should definitely sign up to Championship and help TF2 get to Premier!

SIGN-UP ;D?

Waebi

‹Con›

in before “OH NOES, £7.49!!!111eleven”

editX: l2sarcasm.

Rele

what waebi said ;/

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yay us o/ But yeah paying 8 quid to not win anything sounds a bit of a jip, but i guess it works out at 1 pound each and helps the community -_-

Inexistence

Üb

It’s not £8 per team tapley, it’s £7.49 per player :P

Darn

rockit like

Well look at this way.. Lets say im a player from Div3 and want to get better, compete with the big boys, without anything major happening in 2009. When they finally reach the div1 theres nothing to gain from that.

Same scenario with UKeSa and there is prolly going to be nice amount of LAN tournaments, awesome UKeSa league going and real support for your awesome topclan.

kolox

obs.

luls im not paying £7.49 to get rolled.. I’m div 6 :x
bbyes

xtala

I would consider it, but I’m quite sure that I’m not speaking for the rest of my team.

Moose

[MIPC]

The teams will be divided to Open and Championship leagues so you can very well play the Open without paying anything. Those teams who are “serious” about the game and wish to support TF2 should definitely sign up to Championship and help TF2 get to Premier!

Darn

rockit like

If we get enough signups it would end up div2-div3 battling in championship for prolly cashprizes and div1 in premier with lanfinals

Tjet

time to work my sponsors :P

Darn

rockit like

oh just read this: The Championship is a fully scheduled and moderated semi-pro eSports league with media coverage and LAN finals.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

8 quid a player? Bah fuck off! Im not paying for Byte to get some new shoes :D

Moose

[MIPC]

The idea here is this: if TF2 gets enough signups to Championship, it will be promoted to Premier as well and then we’ll have 3 divisions in UKeSA. If we get enough teams to sign up the the Championship, the top teams will be promoted to Premier and the others are left to Championship to battle for the prize money there. Now with all the div1 and some div2 teams going to Premier, this leaves other div2 and div3 teams a really good chance to score some prizes from Championships when their toughest competition is already out of the way. They haven’t announced the prizes for Championship games yet but I’d say it’s probably around few thousand pounds.

Of course, this still doesn’t mean much to the div4-div6 teams since the prizes are still out of their reach. I’m just hoping that it will be enough for many players to see their favourite game finally getting some recognition, LANs’, prizes etc. and they’ll join Championship just to support the game they love.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

signed wotr2 up

WOTR2 TO CAUSE AN UPSET!? lol no, i quit !

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »