September 19, 2022
Banner by soda
Welcome to our 6v6 Autumn 2022, our 43rd Season of 6v6!
We are happy to announce that our signups are open right now, until the 13th of October 18:00 CEST!
We have decided to go forward with a change in the naming convention we use for our seasons, as can be seen in the title of this news post; while the season’s number will still be available on the season home page we now use the actual season and year. This is something we are trying out, feedback on the naming scheme are welcome.
- Signups: September 17th – October 13th 18:00 CEST (Premiership and Division 1 signups will close early, on October 7th at 18:00 CEST)
- Publishing of Provisional Divisions: October 13th
- Premiership Qualifiers: October 8th – 15th
- Publishing of Final Divisions: October 15th
- Main Season: October 16th – December 2nd (Roster Lock will be active starting from November 26th, 00:00 CET)
- Playoffs: December 4th – 18th
We’d like to emphasize that Division 1 signups will close at the same time as Premiership signups this season!
For Premiership and Division 1 playoffs, we are going back to a double elimination system, with the following schedule:
- Date to be announced
- 17:00 CET – Lower Bracket Semi Final – Seed #3 vs Seed #4
- 21:00 CET – Upper Bracket Final – Seed #1 vs Seed #2
- Date to be announced
- 17:00 CET – Lower Bracket Final
- 21:00 CET – Grand Final
For lower divisions, the following schedule will be used:
- Quarter Finals: December 4th – December 8th
- Semi Finals: December 9th – December 14th
- Grand Final: December 15th – December 18th
- 1st – €480
- 2nd – €240
- 3rd – €60
For the Premiership Division there will be picks and bans of a select set of maps each week during the regular season. You can read more about this change in this rules update news post.
For Division 2 and below, the season will use the usual rules, and the following map pool will be used:
- one additional map that will be decided with the results of this public poll (please only vote if you plan to play in Division 2 or below in the Autumn Season):
Which map would you prefer to play in the Autumn '22 Season, in Division 2 and below?
Total Voters: 385
The season will use the following map rotation:
- Week 1: cp_snakewater_final1 & koth_product_final
- Week 2: koth_product_final & cp_sunshine
- Week 3: cp_sunshine & voted-in map
- Week 4: voted-in map & cp_gullywash_f9
- Week 5: cp_gullywash_f9 & koth_bagel_rc5
- Week 6: koth_bagel_rc5 & cp_process_f11
- Week 7: cp_process_f11 & cp_snakewater_final
Division 1 players will be offered the choice to use either set of rules and map pool for the whole season after the end of Division 1 signups.
Following Premiership players feedback, the following change will be applied during the Autumn ’22 Season:
- The Battalion’s Backup is now banned.
Here is an updated whitelist thanks to Wiethoofd. It can be applied using the following command: “rcon tftrue_whitelist_id etf2l_6v6_s43”. Please do note that this is not the default loaded whitelist in ETF2L configs yet (and won’t be until the end of the Nations Cup #9) so you have to update this manually to use it in your matches.
The winners of each Division/Tiers will automatically be promoted to the next higher Division/Tier unless their starting roster has changed by half or more of their players.
All promotions are open for admin discretion. This is in order to make sure the tiers are as good as they can possibly be. If you are uncertain about being promoted you can follow the below mentioned sign-up process to give additional information about your team.
First and foremost you must sign your team up here: https://etf2l.org/wp/wp-admin/index.php?page=comps
Then, if you are applying for Division 6/Open tier (which is our entry division), you do not have to provide any proof that you are capable of playing at that level.
Otherwise, we encourage you to send us an email ([email protected]) or directly contact a league admin through the ticket system in our Discord, with the following information:
– Team name, Division you apply for and ETF2L team link
– Recent results and logs associated to them
– Reasons why your team deserves to be placed in the tier you applied for (optional)
– Team BIG EXPLOSION, Premiership, https://etf2l.org/teams/1/
announce the roster with the classes
– 5-2 vs Team Aoshi’s All Stars (Prem) : https://logs.tf/012345
Teams that do not send an email or contact the admins risk losing their spot in the division they are asking for.
Please note that the success of your request also strongly depends on the free slots in the tier you aim for. Established teams will be favored over new teams or teams that request to jump a tier.