March 18, 2019
Tell me if this sounds familiar, you are new to competitive TF2 and:
- You want to play competitive TF2 but you are afraid you’re not good enough.
- You want to play competitive TF2 but you find it hard to find a team.
- You want to play competitive TF2 but you have no idea what you’re doing.
Welcome to the long overdue second edition of the Fresh Meat Challenge! Here we host a second edition designed mainly for those NEW TO COMPETITIVE TF2.
However those who are long-standing members of ETF2L, we need your help as well, there will be hundreds of new players in need of guidance and we’re calling on you to be the ones to offer them insight on how to play the 6v6 format.
If you’re organizing a team for this event we recommend looking for an experienced player to help you out. We also recommend that you read through our match guide to get a good understanding of how matches tend to go.
We’re still looking at possibilities but for now there are medals! Medals are decided by who is on the roster when the rosters get locked (May 5th). Your team may not have dropped from the competition.
As with the previous tournament there will be a limit on the experience of players in this competition:
All participants (excluding Buddies) are limited to a maximum skill experience (applicable only at the date signups are closed):
- Maximum 10 matches in ETF2L played
- Cannot participate if you played in ETF2L Open playoffs or above (ETF2L Division 5 is considered higher). This does not include cups.
- Cannot have participated in quarter finals or higher in the previous fresh meat challenge
- Cannot participate if you played in UGC Silver/Premium or above (the number of UGC Iron or Steel matches will not be counted with ETF2L Open games).
- Cannot participate if you played in RGL intermediate or above (the number of RGL open matches will not be counted with ETF2L Open games).
- No ESEA experience allowed
You can still play if you have more experience but only as a buddy. The rules for Buddies are as follows:
- Are restricted to playing matches only as the Medic class.
- Restricted to a maximum of 2 Buddies per team.
- Buddies need to be tagged with the appropriate role on the team profile
There will be a zero tolerance policy towards those who try to bypass the eligibility rules through means such as using alternative accounts or attempted fraud and those who do attempt this will be punished with lengthy bans and see their teams disqualified from the tournament.
The whitelist will be the global whitelist. A full list of the banned weapons can be found over on whitelist.tf.
All other General rules will apply (with exception of 1.9* and 3.6). For new players please read these rules carefully and if you are unsure of their meaning, please ask your buddy or request an Admin on our discord.
*A similar rule will be used in place that is said below.
Players will be limited to a maximum of 1 roster change per competition, with all rosters locking after the group stage. (00:00 CEST, May 5th).
Schedule & Map pool
The tournament will be divided into a group stage and a playoff bracket, with the Group Stage seeing teams randomly split into groups of 6 to 14 teams (pending on signup numbers) and played over a 4 week period using the Swiss System (see explanation).
The top 2-4 teams (pending group sizes) will qualify for the Playoff Bracket, which will be a single elimination event with each fixture being contested as a best of three map event. The maps will be decided using a Map Elimination method, which you can read more about HERE (Referring to Case 2).
Signups: 17.03. – 08.04.
Week 1: 09.04. – 14.04. cp_snakewater_final1 & cp_gullywash_final1
Week 2: 16.04. – 21.04. cp_gullywash_final1 & koth_product_rc9
Week 3: 23.04. – 28.04. koth_product_rc9 & cp_process_final
Week 4: 30.04. – 05.05. cp_process_final & cp_sunshine
Round 1: 06.05 – 11.05
Round 2: 12.05 – 16.05
Quarter Finals: 17.05 – 22.05
Semi Finals: 23.05 – 27.05
3rd Place / Grand Final: 28.05 – 01.06
HOW TO SIGNUP
You must be part of a 6on6 [6v6] team with a minimum of 6 players registered on the roster in order to signup. For those new to the website, go to “Team Admin” page and select “My Teams” on the sidebar on the left. Then select “Create Team” and select 6on6 or Fun Team. If you are using a buddy who is already rostered on a 6on6 [6v6] team, you will need to create a Fun team. If you need any help with this, refer to our FAQ page or please contact an admin HERE.
If you do not have a team and wish to find one, or you are part of a team looking for players, please post a recruitment post in the fresh meat category, click here to make a recruitment thread.
Signups are open NOW until the end of April 8th 2019.
You must be a team leader signed into the website to do so.