April 12, 2009
Season 5 starts here
Yes that’s right. This might come as a surprise to most of you. Let me explain the details.
Originally, we had planned to host the 5th cup before the summer, but such a cup generally takes up a lot of time (2 weeks per match, 7 matches with 128 teams = 14 weeks). We wouldn’t have been able to finish it properly before the summer kicked in. We’ve also noticed there is a bit of a gap league-wise in the last period before the summer, with only a bit of league action. We have decided to fill that gap with our 5th season.
The League is the ETF2L’s main event. Teams of 6 players fight each other in a division-based system, with teams grouped in division by skill level. Our last season, season 4 had 250 teams signed up. That sure made for a fun and interesting league. Will we be able to repeat that this time?
So, what can you expect from us for this season? It will in great lines be the same as the last season. There will be a few changes. The following details will be addressed:
Rule changes for season 5
- Gravelpit: Change to ABBA style. This means, if team A starts attacking on the first round, then team B will start attacking on the second round.
- Map Pool changes: Some redundant maps will be removed, perhaps there will be some shifts in between the primary/secondary mappool, like freight. Also, if the mapping contest ends in time, the winner will be at least added to the secondary map pool. The final map pool will be announced later.
- 1st/2nd mappool: Division 1 will continue with choosing only maps from the primary mappool as they requested last season. We will hold a poll for division 2 about this as well. For the other divisions, the primary/secondary mappool structure will remain as it is now.
- We will introduce a new winlimit: If, during a game, the difference in points is 5 or more, that map is over. This is with scores like 5-0, 6-1, 7-2 etc. This rule is in effect on linear cp maps only (cp_badlands, cp_granary etc.). Capture the flag maps, payload maps and AvD maps (dustbowl, gravelpit) will not be affected.
Of course if you have any other ideas/suggestions for the coming season, feel free to speak your mind. We have taken in account the suggestions posted in this thread, but if you feel you have anything else to contribute, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Season 5 dates
- Signups open: 12-04, 20:00 CEST (today)
- Signups close: 26-04
- Provisional divisions: 30-04
- Final divisions: 04-05
- Map picks start: 05-05
- Matchweek 1 start: 11-05
- Matchweek 9 start: 06-07
- Matchweek 9 end: 19-07
This will also mean we probably won’t have time to play playoff matches at the end of the season. If necessary, playoffs will be held after the summer, somewhere before the start of season 6.
More details and polls will follow in the coming week.
(every team, once signed up, will end up on the waiting list untill his team is checked by an admin)
5th cup canceled
With season 5 starting, we can’t have the 5th cup starting at the same time, as it would get a bit busy. So this competition is canceled until further notice. We will probably start the 5th cup after the summer.
We have recently noticed some people impersonating members of our admin staff. For those people: consider yourself warned. We take this very seriously. If we see this kind of behaviour after today, it will be punished as we see fit.