Forum

Problems Recording

Created 13th June 2009 @ 18:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Set framerate to right framerate in vdub. And I also noticed that when recording with hostframerate the demo speed is fubar afterwards. Just set it back to hostframerate 0 after recording.

Using Xvid codec it’d horribly laggy and I checked that the number of frames and sound match up…

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

so your saying your framerate drops as soon as you set your host_framerate to 90? Just to make sure the problem occurs before you run startmovie not after.

Out of interest is what spec is your computer?

Ares

-HH²-

Yeah leave it at whatever fps is what i do then set it to 30 in VDub and add the sound and it all works fine, the fiels are huge but thats part of it :p

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

generally the spec of your computer wont effect startmovie, as it takes screenshots per second and will take as long as it needs to take them all (specified by the host_framerate) Where as a program like fraps record the footage live which is a huge strain on your system.

Your problem sounds config related to me, especially if it goes tits up as soon as you enter the host_framerate (before recording)

Also default settings are wank, and 30 fps is a bit low if you want to use slo mo.

8800gt, Pentium D 2.8Ghz, 4x512mb 667.

Ok before set host_framerate let’s say my fps is 30ish (using default highish settings, I’d love a config :D). As soon as I set it to 90 it slows down but what I also noticed was if I set it to something low like ten it sped up. I’m pretty sure it’s making it so that what the fps should be (without host_framerate 90) if played at normal speed but is still running at 90 fps just slowed down.

Going to try startmovie xxx avi with lagarith codec but I don’t have high hopes…

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

you can try my config if you like, its very basic

just put it in a .cfg file (movie.cfg) get to the point in the demo when you want to start recording, exec the cfg, then just use the square bracket keys to start and stop recording. If that doesn’t work then its beyond me mate sorry

//movie config

mat_picmip “-10”
hidepanel “all”
hud_saytext_time “0”

//recording

bind “[” “host_framerate 90; startmovie footage”
bind “]” “endmovie; host_framerate 0”

Finally got something to work (recording avi with Lagarith codec, host_framerate 90).

Anyway thanks for all the help. Trying to get my head around Premiere now. Anyone know some good tutorials?

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

i would suggest using Vegas, I use premiere myself and find it very unreliable when it comes to large high fps footage. Plus you can actually do more with vegas, plus the advantage of built in motion blur which gives your video a real nice smooth look.

i would suggest using Vegas, I use premiere myself and find it very unreliable when it comes to large high fps footage. Plus you can actually do more with vegas, plus the advantage of built in motion blur which gives your video a real nice smooth look.

Ok thanks I’ll have a look.

Thought I’d bump this rather than make a new topic.

I’m using 90fps footage using the Lagarith codec. Then I use virtual dub to compress the audio using the lame ACM codec. That’s all fine. I’m using Vegas to edit and the footage is too high an fps to use the normal preview window. I can still sync it’s just a bit annoying and I’m mostly relying on the in-game sound. Is there any sort of pre-render so I can have a look at what’s going on properly to make sure I’ve synced properly or do I have to compress it fully to check?

Also when I try to use a transition Vegas either crashes completely or freezes for 2-3 minutes before putting in the transition.

Any help would be great.

exm

You can mark “region” in sony vegas. Simply drag on top of time ruler the part you want to render, then go to “File”->”Render as…” and check the box “Render selected region” or smth like that.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

welcome to the exciting world of video editing frag videos :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3