Forum

Problems Recording

Created 13th June 2009 @ 18:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

I’m having problems with source recorder. I’m running maxed graphics with Jh’s scripts to get of HUD but retain kill messages. The demo runs fine albeit at ~15 fps. I’ve set host frame rate to 90. Then recorded using startmovie xxxx. After it stops recording it looks as though the game is running in Slo-mo. Demoui still says it running 100% though. Everything else seems to be fine. When I’m in Virtual Dub I import the 1st TGA and the sound and set compresion (xvid and lame). Then I go into Vritual dub frames per second option under video. It says the video is 10fps. I tried forcing it to 90fps. The video and sound were unsynced with video jumping all over the place. Leaving it as it was gave a slo-mo type video of 3 mins for a 15 second clip. And forcing it to the sounds fps (89.9ish) gave the same effect but more so giving a four min clip which took about 30 mins to compress, the rest were ~5mins. I also tried startmovie xxx avi. That gave me a flashing blue video and garbled sound.

Any help would be great.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

when your record to tga+wav the first part of the recording has no sound. Check soundlength in goldwave, then do that times the fps (90). That gives the frames you need, so you know how many TGA’s you can delete (always the first tga’s, like 00001,00002 etc).

OK sounds good although I’ll rape you in mumble if that doesn’t work :D.

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

are u watching the uncompressed videos?

If you mean in Virtual Dub then yes but sound and video are both really choppy. It also makes my computer sound like it vomiting :/

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

You can’t really watch the uncompressed video files since it is too much for your harddrive to read. So if you wanna watch your clips you will need to buy some super-mega-ultra-fast-harddrives or compress the video so that your pc can handle it. You can use ffmpeg for instance to compress the video. I would suggest rendering at 10000 bitrate, because for some reason when u compress with a lower bitrate an uncompressed video(recorded in an hl2 game) the quality will suffer.
http://www.pldx.com/tutorial/699/Encoding_h264_with_ffmpeg/

No, didn’t really get what you meant last time. I’ve been compressing using the xvid codec, do I need to change the bitrate as well? Or do you mean I should just save it as uncompressed avi and then change bitrate?

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

No you don’t need to change the bitrate as long as u compress the video then u should be able to watch it. Just save the uncompressed video somewhere, then save another compressed copy and watch that.

DarK.

Tried this the other day for the first time.

host_framerate 30.
startmovie moviename raw 30.
Open first tga, select compression.
Select audio, select audio compression.
Video – Framerate – Change frame rate to (fps) 30
Save as avi.

The problem may be the file may be so huge you can’t buffer it all, causing it too lag.

Bones

[SAS]
[SAS]

making a movie daithi?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You need to compress the file to read it. To try if it’s in sync just compress it to any format your hardware is capable of running at the specified framerate.

You need to compress the file to read it. To try if it’s in sync just compress it to any format your hardware is capable of running at the specified framerate.

Would have thought my computer could handle 90 fps with divx codec…

And what it the raw 30 thing at the end of the startmovie command?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The name of the clip. :)

The sound should not be out of sync or any shorter or longer than the video using tga+wav; I recorded 150+ clips that way and never had any such issue.

Like someone pointed out, it will always lag in virtual dub, render it, then watch the rendered vid in MPC to see if it works as intended…usually shouldnt run into any problems whatsoever.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You could also use startmovie avi, and download the lagarith codec. Heard that combo works pretty well too.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »