Forum

CP_PROLANE_RC3 (Update as of 9.4.2010) FML!!!!! What a Mere!!!

Created 18th February 2010 @ 17:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

spence

¤_¤

Hi Guys,

As the majority of you will know cp_prolane was released around 3 weeks ago to a lot of praise however I took a lot of comments on board and have decided to release an rc2 version that will be played on Monday Night as part of ETF2Ls ‘Monday Madness’ One Night cups (Big thank you to D2M and all the Admins for getting this organised).

I have been working hard on making middle more soldier friendly along with nerfing sniper and creating an alternate route out of last to aid backcaping. I hope that I have achieved the following with the additions and removals from RC1.

Massive thank you to all the guys who have helped playtest this, I couldnt have done it without you guys and you deserve lots of credit for the work done.

RC3 – FUCK MY LIFE!!! – What a Mere!!

Well we got a game on it last night (well the other team wanted to play it) and within 1 rounds i realised that the last cap capped far too quick, undefendable pretty much so I’ve had to ninja edit this and release it as an RC3, the only difference is that the cap time on last is slightly longer and that your respawnwave defending last has been lowered by one second!!

Sorry and I know I suck :)))

Changes that Have been Made across all the versions!!

* Both Spawns have been reworked so players cant just sit in spawn doorways and spam the opponents.
* Health Cabinets Have been moved In Spawn.
* Box has been added to top walkway to give defensive sniper some cover.
* Health Packs have been reworked around 2nd point giving the defensive team larger health packs.
* Slope from valley to 2nd has been shallowed out slightly.
* New route under the building on the left of 2nd has been introduced to give scouts an alternative route to get behind opposition.
* However a Rectangular window has been installed so that it makes it more difficult for scouts to get behind unnoticed than in previous versions of prolane.
* Balcony has been added upon entrance to 2nd point to add variation and alternate defensive spots.
* Decking on the right side of 2nd has been extended to give more room to a team pushing from that side.
* The doorways have been widened in order to create less small choke points where a demoman could easily sticky
* Right hand side of middle has been expanded to add space and more room to middle point.
* Health packs have been swapped on middle so the small health packs are on the sides and larger health packs next to where players would fall out to try and give the team falling out a chance of getting back and holding second.
* Respawn have been changed
* Rebuilt bottom lobby to incorporated a staircase to allow access upstairs without having to go via CP2
* Rotated panels around on middle to nerf sniper
* Fixed clipping issues on some textures
* Added Decals to give map definition
* Added texture to prevent people being shot from underneath metal walkway on CP1
* Changed Fade Distances on lamps above CP2 doors
* Moved certain static props and smoothed out certain objects
* The Tower on middle now has a panel on the hole in roof to prevent characters falling through
* Made incline up to second shallower from underpass route on CP2 to prevent characters getting stuck
* Restructured Middle point with a whole new building on the right hand side.
* Moved forward resupply on middle backwards to allow more room on the middle point.
* Reworked Last point to include an attack route from top right along with reworking bottom lobby to make this possible.
* Added Security Cameras on middle to limit snipers main line of sight.
* Players can now jump through the windows on CP2 like on badlands.
* Map is now fully optimized to improve FPS

RC2

* Added a Cave as a route out from last to aid backcapping
* Opened up roofs on the sides of middle to create a more balanced middle and add fun for the soldier class.
* Change Cap Tim on last to 1 Second (This wasnt a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!)
* Slightly re-altered spawn times in accordance to play testing
* Fixed certain playerclips allowing players to get to certain accessible parts of the map.
* Added rock formation to valley to create less room for scouts.
* Changed the position of the balcony over valley to nerf snipers.

Screenshots

http://img168.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cpprolane0008.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cpprolanerc2beta40010.jpg

Download

http://hotfile.com/dl/37026546/2619289/cp_prolane_rc3.rar.html – Hotfile
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zgmzmz4nkju – Mediafire

If someone could upload somewhere else it would be much appreciated!!!

Much Love

Spence x

P.S. good luck to everyone on monday night

Last edited by spence,

randa

Looks good hopefully more people will play this map now as i personally think its alot better than some of the other ‘custom’ maps people have made recently.

alfa

I prefere the normal fastlane…

Last edited by alfa,

F2

Danmark

Contact ESH and see if they want to do a one night cup on this map.

cubeth

rda

Judging from the screen the most changes took place on cp1. If you fixed pushing on last I’d love to see it back in mappool!

AnAkkk

Fastlane creator might make some changes soon.

Jones

Quoted from AnAkkk

Fastlane creator might make some changes soon.

This map should be tested first before he even bothers. If this map works, why fix something that aint broken?

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from AnAkkk

There will be a TF2 update next week. Maybe the cp_fastlane update by his creator will be in it, so there is no need of any pro fastlane.

I dont forget Anakin, how about just give it ago instead of keep telling me that skdr will be making more changes? Hes already made changes once and he put a big rocket in last…

AnAkkk

If there is something wrong with Fastlane, why not just ask him if he can do something instead of creating an other Fastlane? I asked him and told him what people don’t like about it (too hard to cap last cp, too long to cap cp3, etc), and if you give him useful feedback about what’s wrong with the map, he’ll probably update it and it’ll be released officially.

Quoted from Jones

[…]

This map should be tested first before he even bothers. If this map works, why fix something that aint broken?

This won’t work much better than fastlane, I think. CP1 will still be quite easy to turtle, cp2 and 3 will be boring squares.

spence

¤_¤

why should I have to go to him and tell him exactly what we want as a community when we all know what the problems are with the map. Instead, I’ve done it myself, taken a bit of initiative and decided to do something that will hopefully get another map back into the map pool which can only be a good thing.

Im just trying to do something constructive and I dont think that I should have to go to skdr in order to get results when that just takes up time and would be waiting probably months. Look how long it took them to change fastlane the first time, and look at what they did with it even though we told them the problems

x

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

This won’t work much better than fastlane, I think. CP1 will still be quite easy to turtle, cp2 and 3 will be boring squares.

It was playtested around a year ago, and there was no CP1 turtling going on at all. You cant turtle it because the healthpacks are not within a comfortable distance + the spawntimes have been altered in the attackers favour.

If anybody is willing to playtest this then add me on steam ; spencetrain

franco

This looks way better than the original.

P.S raise the skybox for mid

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Good maps, like Badlands have a “flank” (like forward resup leading to valley), which can’t be seen by the convoy. This is what makes TF2 scout dominated, but it also makes the gameplay fluid.

Obscure and Fastlane totally lack this “flank” between middle point and 4th points, this is why both maps grind to a halt at these locations. In addition, the final point on fastlane is just massive fail all round, it should be totally scraped and made anew.

spence

¤_¤

just released version 4 guys – thanks to all the people who have playtested this. Version 4 is ALOT better version 3 regarding respawn times, forgot to test it in tournament mode in v3. Woops!!

Looking good now, hope to see you all playing it

x

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »