Forum

CP_PROLANE_RC3 (Update as of 9.4.2010) FML!!!!! What a Mere!!!

Created 18th February 2010 @ 17:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

spence

¤_¤

Hi guys, just a quick update.

As I’m now finished uni I have been spending the last day or so on prolane rc4. I have noticed a few comments regarding too many flanks. I was just wondering what peoples impressions are of the underpass to the left of cp2/4 if your defending? Im thinking about plugging it to make it less scoutish and flanky but wanting to get peoples opinions first!

I have restructed bottom lobby to make it less complicated, too many doors everywhere :) along with fixing the visualisation stuff like being able to look out into the skybox, especially on the right hand side of cp2/4

Thoughts?

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9513/cpprolane0004.jpg

That underpass :)

Spence x

Sketch

MM

personally i would replace the underpass with a staircase that leads into the healthpack hut above it. so that it becomes a more risky choke point for the attacker because of stickies and the tight quarters etc.

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from Sketch

personally i would replace the underpass with a staircase that leads into the healthpack hut above it. so that it becomes a more risky choke point for the attacker because of stickies and the tight quarters etc.

thats what my idea was, therefore they could still flank however they would need to expose themselves a bit more

food for thought

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from spence

Hi guys, just a quick update.

As I’m now finished uni I have been spending the last day or so on prolane rc4. I have noticed a few comments regarding too many flanks. I was just wondering what peoples impressions are of the underpass to the left of cp2/4 if your defending? Im thinking about plugging it to make it less scoutish and flanky but wanting to get peoples opinions first!

I have restructed bottom lobby to make it less complicated, too many doors everywhere :) along with fixing the visualisation stuff like being able to look out into the skybox, especially on the right hand side of cp2/4

Thoughts?

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9513/cpprolane0004.jpg

That underpass :)

Spence x

Hey spence, I have a public server, mind contacting me when you have done the final ?

Marik

nice map, but the design looks like a map of counter-strike …

Malibu Stacey™

Sir.

Quoted from Marik

nice map, but the design looks like a map of counter-strike …

I would’ve said Quake 3. Random platforms & routes everywhere. Much more of a DM map than a TF map. Do not want.

Personally I think some of the changes are a good idea like 1st/5th having an extra route but I think it would be far better to contact the map maker & ask him to update it rather than trying to make a “pro” version. His contact info is on his website at http://www.3decade.com/ Try starting up a dialogue with him or even get him involved with the community here & possibly migrating some of the changes over from prolane_rc3 to the official fastlane.

Wouldn’t your time & effort be better spent making a new map for competitive play? For example see cp_obscure & the community effort that has gone into making that.

Keyro

Cheater

I played a game on this map (RC3) a couple of days ago cause i was happy to play because i miss fastlane. Fastlane was a very enjoyable map for scouts and sniper but with some BIG issues that caused the map to be kicked from the map pool.
Turtling last, Middle not enought solly friendly and the fact that any team that have a better sniper than the oppenent team own the game.

I must say that the current Prolane is good but sorry to say that not as good as fastlane because the hundreds changes make it a totally different map, i didn’t recognize fastlane :(

The RC1 version was also better imo.

The good ideas :

-CP1 Rework : new route on top left when pushing last, rebuilding of the spawns, boxes on the top left of last for the defending team cover.
==> Totaly change one of the major issue of fastlane wich was the last being turtled by defensive team.
-Cave is a pretty good idea well integrated.
-CP2 rework : flanking route on the left, glass windows on the left, jump trough windows (Yeah!!), deck extended on the right (Altought now i think it’s too large:) ).
-Middle Rework : Accessible roof on the side of the middle in order to be more soldier friendly, the healt packs changes.

The BAD ideas :

Far too many routes, the map isn’t a rebuild it’s another map not as enjoyable as the original because of this. Staircase on last is too much, it’s now totally impossible for the defensive team to have any defensive strategy because you can’t predict where the enemy will push.
The middle is in my opinion a disaster, the fastlane middle has issues but it was the spirit of the map no need to change everything, better make a new map imo. The major issue is the new route to middle on the right right wich lead to a deck.
A lot of details on the middle are less good than on fastlane, new ramps, new rock, no possibilty to hide on the sides near healthpack as a scout.

Map is now totally snip useless with the balcony changes between cp2 and cp3. Ok the map was too snip friendly but again the map was designed like this just nerf the sniper a little is enough, we don’t have a lot of map sniper friendly in the pool ;)
The higher rock between the CP2 balcony and the CP3 was enough to nerf sniper ;)

Plus i prefer the original sand floor texture than the yellow ones in prolane don’t understand the point of changing it.

“Added texture to prevent people being shot from underneath metal walkway on CP1” : err that was cool a cool feature !

Overall, Fastlane is a cool map but need to be updated to stay in the map pool (Something i hope ;) ). Prolane had very good ideas on all capture points but way too much things implemented in my opinion, if you fix fastlane with my feedback i think it will be far better !
Hope you continue your work ;)

Last edited by Keyro,

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

prolane has way too many routes its stupid. especially around first and second point, it doesnt help with the “turtleing” at all just makes it more confusing.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7