Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 64 Next »

Tehgnarr

is good!

Being a Fan scout I can understand why this weapon annoys people and I do agree the knockback should require a fuller blast from the gun and maybe a smaller range but apart from that its fine.

One thing i’ve noticed from its use is that people dont change their playstyle to counter it. They still expect to get out on top in a close range fight every time. It also has huge drawbacks people dont seem to understand. I cant jump around trying to kill the med I have to remain rooted to the ground or the knockback sets me up as an easier target.

For someone to use the fan they have to be clever and creative to see openings and go for them. It rewards players who use their mind more than their aim as opposed to the scatter which gives you 6 shots of non-stop action.

There are simply too many crybabies who want it banned as it threatens what they know best. And there really isnt a need to limit it to 1 per team 2 fan scouts are useless.

Simple counter: dont let the scout get anywhere near you.

this^ is instawin.

please, stop whining about FaN, it’s not overpowered, it’s not destroying the game, it’s a weapon with pro’s and con’s and it shouldn’t be banned.

My name is Tehgnarr and I approve my own message.

Norrland3000

easier said than done; everyone makes mistakes.

yep but not the FAN player, every FAN player is awesome…!
Don’t care if the Fan is banned, but its fun with another playstyle.

No idea what you’re getting at there.. I was just saying that due to scout’s speed, it is pretty hard to keep them away from you, especially if you’re distracted or just not paying attention.

If a scattergun-scout is 1cm in your ass he will also rape you pretty hard, maybe you gotta start pay attention and kill som scouts!

The scout is OP not the FAN, I think Scattergun is better vs scouts if you have a “regular” 1on1 duel…FAN sux if you don’t get close and PWN!

Hansa

.idk?

!ban aeqvist 1week : he did a pretty good use of the FaN in our last official match

;>

Ijantis

Instead of banning the fan, we should move all the players whining about it to a lower division as they can’t adjust there game, something which any top player should be able to do.

+10000

this is exactly where tf2 is different to other games, the nature of play changes so often that you cant predict anything unlike other games such as css where only so much can be done

Vali

-9w-

This is the best argument for why advocaters of the FAN are utterly retarded. Thank you Ijantis.

2 Demomen is not overpowered, Simple Counter: Just snipe them.

Haunter

This is the best argument for why advocaters of the FAN are utterly retarded. Thank you Ijantis.

2 Demomen is not overpowered, Simple Counter: Just snipe them.

tbh its a better argument than “its annoying, ban it” :D

There is no ‘adujsting’ to the fan’s gameplay. You can’t just say: “Know where the scouts are at all times, and you’ll be fine”. How is that any different from what you should do regardless of the fan? Scouts will get behind teams, that’s one of the roles the speedy classes plays, in every game. The only difference is, if a fan scout gets behind your medic, there is absoultly nothing the soldiers can do about it. The rocket will just about hit when the scout empties his 2 shots. If he hit the first one, he’s gonna hit the second, and get the kill. This takes out ANY medic dodging skill. I’ve seen top medics live through situations where their soldiers failed to protect them, simply by knowing how to move in an unexpected way. You can’t do this when everyshot sends you airborne…

Also, most scout 1v1’s happen in close range, which will never change, duo to the scattergun’s nature. It’s possible to deal full shots from close-medium range, but it doesn’t usually happen this way. Therfore, if fan wins most close 1v1 situations, it wins most 1v1 situations. Beating a skilled player using a fan on close quarters becomes a lot harder than it used to be. This is not necesseraly a bad thing – but it should definitely be considered.

compton

cvx|

if a fan scout gets behind your medic, there is absoultly nothing the soldiers can do about it.

Now you may have intentionally pointed out an oversimplified example, but because of the crybabies I have to break this down a little:

1) Your precondition is that the team has let the FAN scout into its best possible element, ignoring all the ways they could prevent that from happening
2) You’re assuming that the scout won’t miss his shots, but meats both of them
3) You’re assuming there’s no one watching the medic’s back
4) You’re assuming nobody knows that there is a scout loose

Sure, if you add all of that up, you can safely say that there’s nothing the medic and his team can do. But you’re ignoring all the rest of the stuff that happens during the game, which makes this argument very fragile. Dunno about your stance on banning it, but that kind of argument surely wouldn’t warrant a ban.

djc

d2f~

if one bullet hits you, it has the same effect as if a full clip hits you re: it stopping you in place

that alone suggests to me that the weapon is broken and should probably be restricted until valve decides to make it so that it isn’t broken

Ares

-HH²-

As ive mentioned before the thing you guys are missing the FaN does more damage over range than the scatter gun (range being 3/4 of the duel arena) still doing ~60 damage at that range on many occasions, where as the scatter gun struggles to do 30 over that range.

It also does more damage max of 113 with etf2l config loaded, scattergun does 103 which is down from the 110 it used to do before the “buffed” the FaN’s damage, so now instead of the FaN doing 10% less damage (as it says) it does ~9% more.

The knockback is ok imo opinion and the faster rate of fire but the slowdown effect it has and that you have no air control once in the air which you do with other knock up classes.

I dont think it should be banned but that valve should fix it to how it is meant to be used.

Also how are you meant to change your gameplay ? Tag around with the sollys all the time so he cant hurt you ? Run back to spawn when you see him so he cant kill you as a scout you have a set job to do whether it is holding a flank or flanking them, your gonna have to fight him.

compton

cvx|

It doesn’t work out if it has to be proven why FAN shouldn’t be banned. You possibly can’t explain how people should counter FAN in every possible situation in TF2, the game is just too complex. The burden of proof is on the people who want it banned. So far there’s no game-breaking situations found that involve FAN.

The most plausible arguments have been involved with the spike damage, which already exists in other classes such as the sniper. Assuming a scout that meats all of his FAN shots is similar to giving an assumption of a sniper that always gets a headshot when he sees a head.

kolox

obs.

Assuming a scout that meats all of his FAN shots is similar to giving an assumption of a sniper that always gets a headshot when he sees a head.

However getting a headshot on a skilled player is a lot harder than touching them with half the bullets from the fan. Once you hit them up in the air, its easy to hit the follow-up.

piece

You should really play some higher games to see what scouts can do with that weapon compton.
You cant adjust to a fan scout. You can change your behaviour a bit in 1o1. But if the scout has a good aim he will win the duel in most cases. If the first shot hits ur dead as the good scouts hardly miss the 2nd when ur hanging helpless in the air for 1 second.
So your team is forced to run at least 1 fan scout yourself. And that will become more and more obvious the next few weeks.

jgmaster

BM

You cant adjust to a fan scout.

:/

kolox

obs.

So your team is forced to run at least 1 fan scout yourself.

This gets annoying as a scout since I at least find the weapon a lot less fun than the scatter gun :/

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 ... 64 Next »