Forum

New Unlock/Item System

Created 22nd May 2009 @ 14:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Nodachi

vR|

Due to the fact that valve changed the Unlock system from doing achivements, which every clan can do, to some random retardness i would like to say that all Unlocks should be banned as it is now a random factor for every new clan/player. I am not sure but a player new to TF2 cant even farm for the unlocks of the medic/scout etc. he has to find those aswell. This is not suitable for a competition.

xzr

+1

Norrland3000

Can’t a new player farm the old weapon unlocks?!?

kritzkrieg :(

Rele

Medic, Pyro, Heavy & Scout still have their milestones and can unlock weapons with them. I saw a guy on a public today that received Scout Milestone 2 and got the Sandman. I really doubt that was coincidence.

Willazord

yeah and i saw a heavy get milestone 3 and get kgbs. So just disallow sniper/spy weapons.

longas

The new system is just for Spy and Sniper

seraph

rEJ

Banning medic unlocks would really gimp the game.

For the most part no other unlocks are actually used.

Also, I’ve not experienced how the system works yet, but it seems that simply being on a server gets you unlocks; I would imagine that everyone will have everything in a month of continuous reasonably active play.

let unlocks stay, and everything will sort itself out after a while.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

^ what fallen seraph said.

Norris

Medic, Pyro, Heavy & Scout still have their milestones and can unlock weapons with them. I saw a guy on a public today that received Scout Milestone 2 and got the Sandman. I really doubt that was coincidence.

that was very probably me ;D

Black_Bob

[DA]

New achivements should either be banned, or both teams agree they can be used.

I can just see it causing no end of grief when both teams starting line up consists of soldiers, scouts medic and demo, neither team asks if they can use them, then on impulse someone changes to spy/sniper uses an unlock and the other clan will bitch/flame to the end of the game.

J3

New unlockables not allowed, and if u get random old items with diferent specs then no unlocks allowed at all…

RaCio

GoT²

Weapons should accessible for everyone to be allowed. And by accessible I do not mean idling 150 hours in spectate.

VaBene

EC!
EC!

Maybe it would be a good idea to handle the new items like the sandman. Forbid it generally, but allow it when both teams agree. If both teams are able to fall back on the weapon, the competition wouldn’t get unfair and they have the posibility to allow it and use it.
I wouldnt forbid weapons which can be unlocked. It’s a interesting tactical component to use crits ore uber for example. And imho competitive TF2 would lose a interesting factor if this is not generally allowed.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

+1 for a ban on all unlocks, would agree to keeping medic unlockables and possibly the scouts bonk! atomic punch.

myNax

+1 for banning all the sniper & spy unlocks, except when both teams agree to use them.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »