Forum

New Unlock/Item System

Created 22nd May 2009 @ 14:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

exm

Why? As someone said, everyone will have thosse unlocks in less than a month. And besides, those unlocks arent UPGRADES, they are SIDEGRADES (well maybe Sandman and medics weapons are upgrades, but still…).

kEvNx

.#mtf

they can have them in less then 1 day dude (:

kaidus

WiK?

Tbh I think valve could have avoided 90% of this bitching (talking mainly about the steam forums) had they just demonstrated some transparency in their plans. For the majority of TF2 players, a class update means spending the night having a laugh with friends, maybe friends who don’t often play the game but you enjoy playing with nonetheless, for 6v6 players it means pissin about with all your buddies in pubs for a change, etc etc. If they’d just said “Ok guys this update is going to be different, you can’t work towards getting unlocks, you just have to play casually for a while and before too long you’ll have them all”.

Cause of course what’s happened is everyoen had their hopes up for seeing the unlocks within an hour of the release, and when they couldn’t they raged hard.

Dorkan

FB

I disagree, even if you need 30 hours to get all weapons, it’s still a matter of time that all teams got their unlocks even if they are newcommers.

sexy_kroete

Kot=Brot

got 2 sandmans and 2 boxing gloves of glory now.. new system is such a fail..

but please allow all new weapons they dont seem to be overpowered etc.

+1 for banning all the sniper & spy unlocks

Wiiking

i dont wanna have the game on 400 hours the next 2 weeks just to get the items…

Nodachi

vR|

Well my point of banning all unlocks was assuming you would have to “find” the medic and scout unlocks aswell as a new player. Some said here this is not the case hence i correct myself to just the spy/sniper items.

And the fact someone stated “within a month everyone has the items and it will sort iteself out” is quite unfair. Take a player who simply joins next month and doesnt have the items. With achievements and a clan it takes less then 30minutes to get all weapons for a class.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

got 2 sandmans and 2 boxing gloves of glory now.. new system is such a fail..

but please allow all new weapons they dont seem to be overpowered etc.

I hope you’re fucking joking… Jarate is retarded.

Assault Marine Sigh

tbh I have played on pubs for almost 5 hours today. I have gotten the flare gun in the last 10 minutes. People have gained 4x as many items as me, and others have been playing longer and got none.

Until valve fixes their moronic idea the unlocks should be banned from competitive play. I refuse to leave my game on randomly because of some shit they couldnt do properly.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

tbh I have played on pubs for almost 5 hours today. I have gotten the flare gun in the last 10 minutes. People have gained 4x as many items as me, and others have been playing longer and got none.

Until valve fixes their moronic idea the unlocks should be banned from competitive play. I refuse to leave my game on randomly because of some shit they couldnt do properly.

Couldn’t agree more.
+ Getting achievements are now pointless – what do you achieve? Why not just stick to the old way?!

AnAkkk

Just wait that VALVe fix it.

Tom

[Ci]

This system is ridiculous, A guy on our server got 3 ambassadors, all I got was a damn sandwich and a blutsauger. Unless they’re building up for a trading system those spares are just stupid.

Assault Marine Sigh

tbh even if they gave me a trading system id tell them to fuck off.
Why should we all wait for our friends to get the weapons before we do ?
Its a serious fuck up by valve and I dont see how this will encourage new players.
Congrats new player you have played for 12 hours and have 25 sanviches !!

Rele

Typical. First everyone cries “OH noes weapons are tied to achievements thats gay, fix it valve plixplox”. Now they made another system and yet again everyones bitching around.

At least this way you dont get all weapons in 1 hour so you can actually be happy with the ones you get.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »