Forum

Turbine ruleset needs scrutiny

Created 11th May 2011 @ 22:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

The fact is this: no matter if you’re 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, or 4-3 down, once the opponent has four caps and has taken your intel to their base, they can have all six people in their team sitting in their spawn room, waiting for you to attack. To be blunt: that isn’t fun. This should either be split up into sections that do not interact with each other (best) or changed to windifference (not as good). Either way, having a winlimit with a timelimit that rolls over to the next round is not a very good idea. The result is thus: people will waste time to make it get closer to the end of the game by sitting around in their intel, having the time to set up anything and everything ready for you.

There is no way to get into an intel room unexpectedly when your opponent has all of their entrances within 10 metres of them. You are constantly at a disadvantage. To be blunt, it’s not fun. I thought that was what this league was trying to promote, the ‘fun’ side of TF2? Sitting around waiting to get more caps whilst the enemy is just sitting around in their spawn wasting time is not fun. I wouldn’t have expected this league with it’s ‘fun’ ethos to implement something so ill-thought out that merely results in one team being, for lack of a better word, trolled.

I’m not emotional over the match, I don’t care about the specifics of it. The reality is however, having to spend time getting caps when you KNOW that when your get the fourth, it will all be for nothing because your opponent can just cap the 5th one — that is not fun. That is not fun at all. That’s boring and tedious, something I was hoping this league would avoid.

The only reason your opponent would not do this is because they are a.) there for a fun game, or b.) because they haven’t thought it through. Otherwise, every single game will always end in 4-5, because the enemy will wait for you to cap the fourth before capping their last simply to waste time.

Last edited by octochris,

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

I am very emotional right now.

choiie

keso

dead

quad

thats why there is timelimit 10 in esl

ROFL

Mads2

eureka

Only did it because our solly took a shit for 10mins….

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

shouldve done it on granary, i mean, its not like it would have made a difference

Sketch

MM

sorry what? so you got trolled with the intel basically?

octochris

(0v0)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Sketch

sorry what? so you got trolled with the intel basically?

Hypothetical situation:

– 4-0 down after 10 mins
– They have six people in their intel room, AND your intelligence
– They can just keep dropping and picking up the intelligence to renew it
– You have to get four caps to get them to cap, because there is no point otherwise (they will win once they get 5, regardless of how many you have)
– They can sit with all six of their team members in one room until you cap 4 more, which is very difficult, and relies more on luck than skill for equally skilled teams.

Mads2

eureka

that octopus looks familiar..

Beasty

frø
DANMARK

Quoted from howdeh

shouldve done it on granary, i mean, its not like it would have made a difference

Agree

Sketch

MM

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Hypothetical situation:

– 4-0 down after 10 mins
– They have six people in their intel room, AND your intelligence
– They can just keep dropping and picking up the intelligence to renew it
– You have to get four caps to get them to cap, because there is no point otherwise (they will win once they get 5, regardless of how many you have)
– They can sit with all six of their team members in one room for the entirety of the rest of the game
– G motherfucking G

What have you done with chris?

+ who cares, they have won anyway. best team wins.

Last edited by Sketch,

dauk

I would prefer 10 minutes ruleset, just because I need a break after super intense map like turbine, also I had dry mouth after calling for 20 mins and then third round starts immediately.
Anyways I don’t see why you can’t say it in normal tone, but be qq.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

we have elaborated thoroughly on the etf2l ruleset, and have found the ultimate strategy. cu in prem s10.

dauk

yeah we rolled them on bl 5-0 yesterday , and then they were holding top of gully with heavy, sniper on rock and waited for us to push forever. fuck teams like this let them have fun looking for pcws when nobody will want to play against them.

Last edited by dauk,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »