Forum

Ban Natascha?

Created 15th June 2010 @ 11:44

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »

kuma

According to the AFS rules as of now, all Heavy unlocks are allowed. However, I believe the arguments made in favor of some other bans can apply to the Natascha as well.

1. It slows the game down (DH)
2. Annoying to play against (DH/Targe)
3. Alters movement of player (FaN)
4. Amplifies damage (Buff Banner/Crit-a-Cola)
Note – It doesn’t directly amplify damage, but makes spam much more effective.

Can we discuss the possibility of banning the Natascha or at least limiting it to 1 per team?

Last edited by kuma,

Mark

Phase

Would be nice to see a heavy limit of 1.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Mark

Would be nice to see a heavy limit of 1.

and ruin a rej special? no way

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

2 heavies would be slow and vulnerable to sniping. Only time I seen it used is Gpit C.

Natasha is a pain I must admit but damage it less than minigun so you can counter it with a miniugun heavy or something.

Netsky

I’m not in favor or against the ban, I just want to point out, 2 heavies are really slow.
Vulnerable to snipers, (spies) and to general spam, as the are not able to get away quick enough.

Last edited by Netsky,

octochris

(0v0)

Running two heavies is not advantageous in the majority of situations, I don’t see the need for a ban.

Last edited by octochris,

xzr

Quoted from Hildreth

2 heavies would be slow and vulnerable to sniping. Only time I seen it used is Gpit C.

Natasha is a pain I must admit but damage it less than minigun so you can counter it with a miniugun heavy or something.

the damage output of the natasha isn’t the problem, the movement hindering is. Atleast the slowdown effect needs a range nerf or something, because atm it’s just fucking ridiculous.

+1 ban natascha

xzr

Quoted from octochris

Running two heavies is not advantageous in the majority of situations, I don’t see the need for a ban.

defend last much?

Darn

rockit like

Yesh, ban em all.

Mari

catgirl.tf

I sure do enjoy being cut down to a jittery speed at long range by a a Heavy who is standing still at the other side of the map!

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Mark

Would be nice to see a heavy limit of 0.

Fixed it for you.

Randdalf

(0v0)

4. Amplifies damage (Buff Banner/Crit-a-Cola)

Kritzkrieg. Oh wait, that’s immune for some reason.

kuma

Quoted from octochris

Just to be clear, we’re not necessarily talking about running 2 heavies, but of the Natascha.

This hasn’t really been discussed since the Heavy received buffs, and while it may not have been worth a ban before, the Natascha is seeing much more play as of late and I feel it needs re-evaluating.

xzr

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

Kritzkrieg. Oh wait, that’s immune for some reason.

Kritzkrieg provides a completely alternative option for gameplay. Trading invulnerability for damage compared to the normal uber.

Tikcus

don’t ban anything learn to adapt your tactics!

made up mumble conversation (however probably not far from the truth in alot of cases)

‘oh shit they’re running a heavy with natasha, what do we do?’
‘I don’t know, we’re playing a strange map, we only know how to play badlands and granary with 2 soldiers, 2 scouts, a demo, and a medic’
‘lets just complain and bitch untill everything gets banned and play badlands and granary with 2 soldiers, 2 scouts, a demo and a medic forever’

The same goes for coldfront, it would have been fine in weeks 1 and 2, it’s been about for ages, and there has been plenty of notice of the maps going to be in the summer season. just because some clans ONLY play badlands and granary in every PCW, no reason to punish clans more prepared

Last edited by Tikcus,

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »