Forum

Demoman vs Soldier update

Created 15th December 2009 @ 06:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 Next »

ambra

WAIT A MINUTE YOU DICKS

guys, you probably all know the famous phoenomenon of the “Flying Heavy” which is the result of a critical explosive at the feet of an overhealed heavy weapons guy, resulting in the said heavy flying towards allied medics or snipers… what if the target doesnt die after being hit in midair by the critical rocket? Will it get propelled towards the sun like the wicked in most old fashioned animes?

exm

It’s sounds a LOT like quake 3 rocket launcher… And it’s a good thing :)

Moose

[MIPC]

The fragga rocket luncher

You may call it the Moose rocket launcher instead. From the TF2 Beta from August:

I’ll start with the primary Soldier unlockable which is a weapon that pretty much the entire competitive community would like to see. A rocket launcher with faster rockets but with decreased splash damage would make this class a whole lot more interesting to play. At the moment, most high level Soldiers would like to play some other class instead because the low skill ceiling this class has. Playing Soldier don’t have much variety and you’re most often stuck with the task of protecting the Medic or random spam.

The unlockable I’m suggesting would promote the skilled Soldier play, but it wouldn’t be a straight upgrade (like Ubersaw is atm) because spam and splash damage is very important on maps like Well and Granary where there are tight choke points. It wouldn’t make the Soldier overpowered on public servers either. Most ppl seem to think that the Soldier is OP on pubs already but I think this is an unlockable weapon which would only be used by the good players.

You could also add increased damage for airgibs or no ranged damage reduction for direct hits to increase the skill level needed for this weapon. I’m quite sure it would be a balanced new unlockable for both public and clan mathes if we test it thoroughly in the Beta.
Last edited by ze Moose : 08-24-2009 at 02:55 AM.

adgadg

moose pretty much guessed it perfect

SfynX

T2P

im really really looking forward to what this thing can do. itl be like quake all over again!

Link!

.:ne:.

Hail Moose!

toasty.

PHX

Nice one moose, I can’t wait for this weapon.

Moose

[MIPC]

Not sure if I’d call it guessing since that message was for the developers on Valve’s beta forums :D

RaCio

GoT²

The fragga rocket luncher

You may call it the Moose rocket launcher instead. From the TF2 Beta from August:

Nah, your idea sounds balanced.

Seriously though, this weapon sounds truely awesome. The damage will probably have to be set to +10% or something so you cant oneshot scouts. But it looks like it will be a nice sidegrade to which you can switch back and forth. Lovely.

Last edited by RaCio,

bun

Well done ! That’s a Weapon smartly thinked !

ambra

a wild guess: unlocks will be random again until monday… only then we will probably have actual achievements to get our stuff

hunger

god bball is gonna be gay now

atreides

Apart from the ridiculously too high damage boni, a fair (mechanism-based) tradeoff giving up splash damage to increase speed + exact damage.

Last edited by atreides,

Assault Marine Sigh

im not sure, the blast radius nerf doesnt seem much of a nerf, considering many sollies, aim for/at their target anyway ? plus we also dont know how bad the damage drop off will be …..

Last edited by Assault Marine Sigh,

ilike2spin

RLM

Regarding the speed of the projectiles, Rockets: 1100 and Nades: 1065. Is that actually correct, it sounds strange given that people tend to think airshots are easier with demo because of faster moving projectiles.

Someone clarify? I think I might have just missed something here.
Also, back on topic, its a superb update. Hope it doesn’t get too overpowered or nerfed into oblivion though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 Next »