New update - Holy cow!

Created 3rd February 2009 @ 01:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 16 Next »

seppo

Its called teamplay Fragga :(

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

You can still have ‘teamplay’ with balanced classes, whats your point?

And in fact the ‘teamplay’ might actually be ‘TEAMplay’

Renegade

Imperial

““Why should stickies do 150 damage?”

Why should they not?”

This is staggering. I actually laughed at you for saying this, because I have already hopefully made it clear why.

For a weapon to deal high amounts of damage it must be for some clear reasons:

-its a high skilled weapon (ie. the sniper rifle)
-its a high risk weapon (the backstab/ flamethrowers)
-it hits unoccasionally, rather than regularly (sniper/ axtinguisher/ backstab)

Sticky grenades cannot be within these rules any more than the pipe and rocket launchers, so they should not be rewarded with high damage.

And about Scouts 2-shotting everything, I think it is bullshit yes. It isnt exciting gameplay, its two shot wars at point blank range. If a scout is

going to die in two rockets at medium range and two at point blank, he may as well get closer if we simplify everything down to damage. He is much more

likely to make the kill before he dies if he gets closer (but is also more likely to die quicker).

To Agron, Dl2 should be the intended future of TF2. Clearly if this is the only class restricted to 1 because of attack capabilities, then something is

wrong with it. Fix the problem, and reduce the limit.

To Byte, two 125 stickies and two 150 stickies are still both not going to kill an overhealed soldier, unless he is not getting heals over the time. In both

cases its going to take then three stickies to finish the Soldier. In terms of these numbers its an identical situation in terms of damage. There is no

choice.

Design by Valve has failed almost every time. Every single class has received balancing since release, and very few non-melee weapons from the unlock

packs have remained unchanged. Valve have got it wrong so many times; at what point can you say “this is their design and its right” when clearly Valves

design choices have been very off of what works in practise.

And to this notion that anything is possible with teamplay, i simply put it to you that with stickies, demoman is the only class that can solo multiple

players with the sticky launcher extremely quickly. Wheres your teamwork now.

Ill keep it simple; again I put it to people why SHOULDNT sticky grenades damage be reduced by a 33%, so that it takes 3 stickies to do the damage of 2 (which is still pretty strong imo).

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

But you don’t get it….. Why should stickies not be a high damage weapon? They are explosives. The demoman doesn’t have a hitscan weapn (THE EASIEST TO AIM IN THE GAME). Stickies only do that kind of damage in extreme circumstances (You are right ontop of it…. jump maybe?).

It seems that ignoring all of the fluff, you have a ‘prefference’ for a demoman to deal less damage. I have a prefference for scouts to deal less damage, and soldier’s shotgun to deal less damage. Why? Because shotguns hit for ~100 damage at close range. You can’t dodge a hitscan weapon (it is ALL down to their aim). You can dodge stickies, you can dodge pipes. Soldiers are slow, you could consider the demoman to being a counter to the soldier class since soldiers can’t dodge so well because of close movement.

There are so many arguments why the demoman shouldn’t be nerfed. So far the reasons I have come up with, is that:

Scouts were bitching because demomen 1 grenades them – Fixed

Soldiers are bitching because demomen out damage them – Not fixed

Why don’t you focus on getting the soldier buffed, instead of nerfing the demoman.

Renegade

Imperial

-its a NOT high skilled weapon (ie. the sniper rifle)
-its a NOT high risk weapon (the backstab/ flamethrowers)
-it DOESNT hits unoccasionally, rather than regularly (sniper/ axtinguisher/ backstab)

That is why it shouldnt. That is why. <_<

Edit, I play this game to have fun; not doing so would be planning to fail.

Atm, it is frustrating to be soloed regularly by demomen who can shut off exits and outdamage you with 1 weapon, at the same time, and so yes I have a preference for it to be nerfed. 5 players on my team would have a lot more fun, and Im sure it would apply to a lot more teams as well. Cater to the one player soloing everyone because of valves design philosophy?

F2

Danmark

Just an addendum to my former post:

Each demo killed 10 soldiers on average.
Each soldier killed 1.75 demos on average.

Do notice though that each demo has 2 possible soldiers to kill whereas each soldier only has 1 possible demo to kill.

compton

cvx|

Demoman is designed to be a better spammer than Soldier. Soldier is designed to be a better Scout buster than Demoman.

Let me explain.

There’s a fine line between what the class is “designed to do” (in this case by Valve) and what it actually “is good at”. Especially in the competitive community.

There is an intended weakness in Demoman for Scouts. In the Soldier case, I do not believe that Valve refactored self-damage knowing how it would impact 1v1 fights against Scouts.

Yes, I also had in my mind a Soldier that is protecting a Medic.

Ps. And because you guys want desperately to put me on a side in the debate, for the record I think Soldier needs to have self-damage reduction (not sure to which %, but definitely not 100) and Demoman should be kept as it is now.

seppo

http://etf2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/cp_granary00091.jpg

Hi im here to tell you that based on this picture i have come to one conclusion,

SOLDIERS ARE FUCKING OVERPOWERED BECAUSE MICK IS THE TOPFRAGGER I DEMAND NERF RIGHT NOW.

That is all. (can we stop this fucking pointless statistic whoring now kthx)

byte

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sings* let it be let it bee let it bee oh let it beee *sings*

Cheers

Byte

Renegade

Imperial

Medic has most points so he must have been playing best, because points define skill.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

true

F2

Danmark

SOLDIERS ARE FUCKING OVERPOWERED BECAUSE MICK IS THE TOPFRAGGER I DEMAND NERF RIGHT NOW.

Mick always stay on the cp to get cap points because he never kills anyone.

AnAkkk

Mick topfragger? something wrong here.

perry

[MIPC]

Everybodys saying 150 dmg sticky this and that, but none of you seem to realize it doesn’t do 150 dmg in combat, if you’re so retarded that you’ll just stand still and let the sticky do 150 dmg then you deserve to get killed? Even while standing still a 150 dmg sticky doesn’t happen regularly, it’s actually pretty rare! Once again you’re always moving in a tf2 match afaik and you wont let the sticky be exactly on your feet when it gets blown up!: )

Scout > demo > soldier > scout

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

^^ pretty much exactly what tumple said.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 16 Next »