Forum

Skill fakers

Created 9th December 2009 @ 18:45

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

Cloud

.wldcrd!

How about we just stop the bloody low/low+ etc skill levels, and use divisions?

Makes more sense, everyone understands it, and has the same idea of how skilled you are, and also makes it easier for recruitment posts with skill police on em going “nononon not div4” or whatever, when someone could think they’re a lower skill, due to having a different concept of the skill levels.

Just say the division and you’re fine

GhosTjAH

Makes more sense, everyone understands it, and has the same idea of how skilled you are, and also makes it easier for recruitment posts with skill police on em going “nononon not div4” or whatever, when someone could think they’re a lower skill, due to having a different concept of the skill levels.

Yes! This is the best way ( I think)

Last edited by GhosTjAH,

Sketch

MM

this

Jonni

[FB]

div1 etf2l doesn’t match with div1 in wireplay for example so skillfakers will then skillfake without even knowing what they’re doing wrong

ups

Played against some mix with 4 of the r@ts players in it some time ago, playing their usual classes (if I recall correctly).

It was very fun and I really enjoyed it!

Last edited by ups,

albert

epx^

TBH the easiest way to fix this is to use the ladder, it’s starting to take shape, you can see how good your opponents are by the results, and (in general) the better teams seem to be at the top

empthasis on “in general”

played against 9men today, we usually search for mid- and do fairly well – they searched for div5. We won badlands, and lost yukon (rather badly), but it was still a fun game. However, I wouldn’t guess that people aiming for div5 are mid-, but I guess that could just be my concept of the skill ratings.

Ladder games are the way forward

Priem

rge

Good idea, but doesn’t work in all cases. We often play mixes with ppl from lower and higher divs mixed. And than many of them play offclass. So you can’t say what div skill it is for sure.

Same with the “low/mid/high” style. Sometime you just can’t estimate the right skill for the mix. I often heard “lololol div2 is not mid-” before a match, but when playing, the game is more or less balanced. And if not, that is no evil intention because we hate all people, this is just bad self-rating and happens sometimes.

In my case, when i play demo, I am low+ on a very good day. So searching for div2 skilled (e.g. with some other div2 dudes playing offclass) would be a big mistake.

I guess noone “fakes” skill level for purpose, it is just bad self rating. Punishing those people would be nonsense.

ambra

this thread is so full of shit I feel like contributing

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/Ka0s337/watpokeman.jpg

Less QQ. Moar Pew Pew! ;D

Waster

When i am searching for low+/mid- i assume div 4 skill. But always my opponents are coming from div5 or div6 and its an easy win. Even when i ask, are you div4 they lie and say yes, when they lost most of the games in div5. I just want a freaking div4 skilled pcw.

The otherway around is also possible. German mixes that underrate themselves. A mix with div1/div2 players of rats, shiftplay and gamecontrol isnt exactly low+. But the worst thing was that they switched to freight and let their hax0r sniper dictate the game.

Tried this last night, still ended up with half the teams as skillfakers.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I think the biggest problem is, that it’s hard to estimate your own team’s skill. Especially new teams or mix teams dont have an idea how good/bad they are. I think the ladder is a good substitute for pickup games if you wanna compete with your own skill-level. Which imo is the best way to improve. You will learn playing against a Dignitas, or FB. But not nearly as much as playing against an opponent that is equally good. And not nearly as fun off course.

I think the problem isn’t the ‘skillfaking’ but more the attitude of some of people is low- not their skill. If you love playing TF2 and if you like playing competitive, threat everyone with respect. People put alot of effort in arranging pickups and trying to get better. And in the end we all wanna enjoy the game.

gryzor

Tried this last night, still ended up with half the teams as skillfakers.

I’m sure you have an constructive idea on how to solve this issue, right? Well, go on then!

Ino

dp.
dp.

… threat everyone with respect …

lol :D

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »