Forum

question about highlander challenge

Created 9th August 2010 @ 22:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Eric

ASP

ok so i opened a team today and we are like 11 people and 8 yet registered. what are those 2 spare players gonna do when we fight the matches ? and will they get the medal ?

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

You’ll probably need more than 9 players because not everyone can play all the time. So if 2 guys can’t make a date, you’ll still be able to play. Also, you’ll be playing more than 1 match, so you can always rotate a few players between matches. So yea, if you’re playing 1 particular match, those other 2 will do nothing. You need the subs though, else it will be very, very hard to schedule your games with the other team.

If I’m not wrong those will also get the medal. A highlander team almost can’t exist without subs. I think there is an upper limit though, so you can’t add 90 players to your team just to get a medal. Don’t quote me on all that though, let a league admin confirm it. ;)

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Eric

ASP

ok thank you man =) this all makes sense :D im pretty sure this is the right answer and thank you for the time you took to tell a noob like me those things haha ^^

Eric

ASP

i have another question tho ! why are all the people in my team labeled “not verified” were 8 atm and couldnt officialy participate on the “match select” thing yet.
i really cant figure this out

Last edited by Eric,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Players are listed as ‘not verified’ for 24 hours after you add them. This is to stop teams from adding a player right before a league game just to get around having to get him approved as a merc by their opponents. After 24 hours from adding them, all your players will be elligible to play in the ladder and challenge.

Eric

ASP

Awesome ! thanks for the answer =)

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

if you have more than 9 people in your team ready on the night, you can always see if the server you are playing on has SourceTV, in which case the spare players can still watch the match and support your efforts, though there will be a delay in the gameplay so u can’t advise people on what routes to take, or where players are, etc.

Add A Reply Pages: 1