Forum

Recommend me tv series

Created 21st May 2015 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Daredevil and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt are my best recommends not already mentioned.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – skippable, very weak first season
Arrow – good first two seasons, gets sillier
Elementary – watchably bland, poor man’s House imo
Silicon Valley – yeah, one of the best sitcoms currently
The Flash – after Daredevil, my favourite of the superhero shows

AB

save your time and don’t watch arrow/flash. every episode they find new ways to insult your intelligence.

byte

Dry witty cuntish humour – American Dad

Cheers

Byte

Toodles

Issue?
Issue!

Downton Abbey, apart from season 4 being rather bland it’s a great show.

If you somehow find a subtitled version of the danish tv-series Arvingerne http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2341762/?ref_=nv_sr_1 you should watch it because it is one of the best tv-dramas I have ever seen.

30 rock is a good sitcom as well

How could I forget, Brideshead Revisited. Great mini series with Jeremy Irons and Anthony Andrews.

Last edited by Toodles,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Black Sails. Love pirates and boobies? thats the show for you

also: finish the first season of the wire.

Last edited by toogyboogy,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from AB

save your time and don’t watch arrow/flash. every episode they find new ways to insult your intelligence.

Think that’s a limitation of the genre. (Comics? Is this a thing grownups do now?) Even the best ones make you yearn for Buffy and Angel.

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

American Horror Story

.zero

-chess-

The Sopranos
Entourage
Oz
True Detective

All 4 of them atleast in my top 10.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Oh, and Louie. Notionally comedy but gets very dark, honest and weird.

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Hannibal, daredevil, Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Black Sails (waiting for the next season).

Last edited by kronis,

sad-panda

x files

AB

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Think that’s a limitation of the genre. (Comics? Is this a thing grownups do now?) Even the best ones make you yearn for Buffy and Angel.

You can only use that excuse so much. I don’t mind suspending disbelief because I know it’s based on a comic, but when you see non sensical plot devices just thrown in everywhere, every episode, multiple times it’s just extremely lousy writing and insulting to the viewer.

But I only have myself to blame cause I’ve been saying it for months(years for arrow) yet I still watch them literally only because they’re comic book shows..

Phrenic

Utopia

Jonaz

Orphan black
Blacklist
Californication

Last edited by Jonaz,

Clark

SDCK!

Oh, and for the love of television, please, watch Community. It is one of these rare shows that deserves to live forever but can’t because of the low ratings and keeps struggling for survival.

Its meta humor is amazing, there are episodes that make you roll on a floor laughing and you absolutely fall in love with each and every character.

The guy who created it (Dan Harmon) is the same guy who made Rick & Morty, the animation show that is very popular right now. And the Russo brothers, the directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, serve as executive producers and directors of many episodes as well.

Just to give you an idea on what you should expect, watch this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ZcDShqCl0

If you like what you see, go and watch this show immediately.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »