Forum

What's the most gear?

Created 25th November 2014 @ 13:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

torden

broder
syster

I once left gaming to design stuff and not starve. Now a wet dream is looking to come true – design stuff for gaming. I wanna pick your brains!

Which mouse do you have and why? or keyboard, headset etc.
Also, once and for all, what’s the deal with all the programmable christmas lights?

Bob Bami

Stealseries sensei Rubberized – anti sweat shit and a nice hold
Logitech G510 – LCD screen and a lot of macro’s would like to get a mechanical keyboard but there are not a lot with LCD, which i use for some things like mumble overlay.

Goat

bobs

Probably made a spelling error in the title but w/e.

Mouse zowie fk (oldest version; yellow botton)
Works flawlessly with great shape/weight and only complaints are weird coating (better on fk1 apparently) and sidebuttons should stick out more (personal preference)
Keyboard: Cherry G80-3000 cheap and only mechanical keyboard with mx clears and german layout (fuck features)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD518
good sound and comfortable, always had sennheisers…

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Goat

Probably made a spelling error in the title but w/e.

It was the most title I could think of.

Goat

bobs

Quoted from torden

[…]

It was the most title I could think of.

yes

Cauthon

(ETF2L Donator)
prly

My mouse is Zowie EC1, someone told me that it would be good since I’ve used g400 earlier. I have been very happy with this, no flaws occurred to me yet.
Keyboard is Qpad MK-50 with red cherry switches, it was bestest when I bought it. Now thinking about upgrading to black switches, maybe switch to ducky too.
Headphones are Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro’s, Zalmans clip-on for mic. After few siberias I wanted something with better quality and comfort and beyerdynamics offers both.

Setlet

Torden please reform broder <3

I have Logitech G400S, Sennheiser PC320 and my keyboard is some old cheap shit, mainly because I don't feel like needing a 100 euro LED Razer swag mechanical keyboard which just makes an annoying sound to your teammates (fuck you sheepy).

Also I got 144hz screen which I haven’t found useful yet.

Last edited by Setlet,

jx53

g400, I read it’s a solid mouse and bought it. Probably the biggest thing that made difference was that it was cheap.

Headset turtlebeach x12. I’ve been using this since I was a kid. Bought it, because everyone said it was top shit.

Keyboard was the one that came with my packet computer, but the ctrl died so I bought for 10$ from some local walmart.

probably price/quality ratio matters the most for me.

Last edited by jx53,

IPZIE

SUAVE

I got into Zowie Gear after winning their TF2 cup at that time. I started out using the FK that i won and then switched to the newer generation FK1. I like the simple and slick design ( a FK1 in white could be a design project realized by Dieter Rams in my eyes torden ). My keyboard is a CORSAIR keyboard cause its the new thing to have mechanical keyboard, idk why I bought it and it makes no difference in TF2 for me. My Monitor is a BENQxl2420t ( best upgrade to my tf2 next to upgrading my internet)

Lupus

IKEA

Zowie AM for about 10 months now,really solid and cheap mouse,i think i will get the new FK1 with the 400,800,1600 option,just because it has 800dpi.Logitech g400 and g400s i’ve owned both and both died in about 2 months each on account of shite cables.

Chicken George

Shit man just make Logitech G3 rip-off and get infinite $$$

torden

broder
syster

Torden please reform broder <3

Setlet, in gaming years, I'm so old I should be wearing diapers. But thanks :)

( a FK1 in white could be a design project realized by Dieter Rams in my eyes torden

I'm pretty sure that's first time Dieter Rams was mentioned in an esports forum.

Speaking of it, is design a conscious factor? I'm thinking packaging, product, space ships etc.
Kinda feels like gamers are being talked down to in most cases :(

Also, thanks for the response, please keep them coming!

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from torden

Speaking of it, is design a conscious factor? I'm thinking packaging, product, space ships etc.

Definitely. “Some” products even only sell because they look nice. All second rate gear like mionix, roccat, tesoro etc are good examples of products nobody would ever buy if they didn’t look nice.
Packaging is really important. It’s like a first impressions thing, especially if you’ve never heard of the company. When you get packaging and it’s horrible shrinkwrap crap it feels like a cheap product. When you get packaging which comes in a neat box that unfurls nicely (see Oneplus One packaging as an example) it feels like a genuine product.

Even so, most people don’t do a whole lot of research on their stuff. Design is probably more important than the actual thing. :/

IPZIE

SUAVE

It is for me – simplicity at this moment in time always communicates stand out quality to me and prolly to a lot of other people aswell due to the success of brands like BRAUN and apple. Tbf most of the esports gear that I see arround at the moment has no appeal to me cause of a very cheap look with laminated plastic that wants me to think its fancy ( pants metal). If someone could combine good design with a good product I think it would sell good.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Zowie FK
Steeleries 6gv2
Some steelseries mid sized plastic mousemat.

I don’t really care about having super high dpi, or blinking LEDs or macro buttons all over the place. I just want quality stuff that’s built to last and ideally good value.
Especially for mice, I used to go through a logitech mouse about every 6 months as the wire would fray inside and come loose every time.

As for the actual look of the stuff, simple and understated is best. No giant green dragons, mountain dew logos or whatever stupid stuff razer is printing all over their products.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »