Forum

New PC!

Created 16th November 2013 @ 18:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

VinuJ

I followed up on the advice given to get a new computer and I am going to get one this christmas but I just wanted to share my build with some others and perhaps even get some advice of changing or whats good about it! Making it for TF2, Warframe, low tier games to mid tier games and some school work too :)
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/VinuJ/saved/2NTf
:D

Cuttlefish

6v6

66 quid for Windows? :C

VinuJ

Quoted from Cuttlefish

66 quid for Windows? :C

meh

frixx

LG

No HDD? I mean only 250gb SSD? That seems ilogical, unless u have HDD at home already. In that case take 120 gb SSD Evo, for OS and some other programs.
Loose the windows, get 120hz or 144hz monitor. Is there a big differnece in price between 650ti and 660ti? Cba to look but if there isn’t, take the 660ti.

VinuJ

Quoted from frixx

No HDD? I mean only 250gb SSD? That seems ilogical, unless u have HDD at home already. In that case take 120 gb SSD Evo, for OS and some other programs.
Loose the windows, get 120hz or 144hz monitor. Is there a big differnece in price between 650ti and 660ti? Cba to look but if there isn’t, take the 660ti.

Thanks for the feedback! HDD I have one at home :), lose the windows as in get a different os instead? I quite like windows and have used it all my life also there is about £100 difference between 650ti and 660ti so im sticking with the 650ti thanks :D

ondkaja

IKEA

Get a 120hz monitor

VinuJ

Quoted from ondkaja

Get a 120hz monitor

will it be much more difference? or is it much different from the 60hx one I was planning to get?

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

120hz monitor is definetly worth the investment.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from VinuJ

[…]
Thanks for the feedback! HDD I have one at home :), lose the windows as in get a different os instead? I quite like windows and have used it all my life also there is about £100 difference between 650ti and 660ti so im sticking with the 650ti thanks :D

i’ll give you free windows keys for tf2 items HUEHUEHUEHUE

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from VinuJ

[…]
will it be much more difference? or is it much different from the 60hx one I was planning to get?

Don’t do it :) simply because of the prices on those monitors. It’s not worth it at all imo.

konr

Quoted from Tuto

[…]
Don’t do it :) simply because of the prices on those monitors. It’s not worth it at all imo.

Shows what you know haha

VinuJ

Quoted from toogyboogy

120hz monitor is definetly worth the investment.

Quoted from konr

[…]Shows what you know haha

Sorry for missing the obvious, is it quality increased? monitor viewing speed? I’m not sure what you mean by worth it and should get one. What does it increase?

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from VinuJ

[…]
[…]
Sorry for missing the obvious, is it quality increased? monitor viewing speed? I’m not sure what you mean by worth it and should get one. What does it increase?

I’ll put it in layman terms since I have one but don’t quite know the fancy technical stuff that comes with it. You ever feel that when you move or flick your mouse in tf2 in a fast movement, it becomes blurry and you lose track of what you are seeing? With a 120hz, it’s a lot easier to follow. You can swish your mouse around and that ‘blurriness’ is no longer there. Your mouse feels a lot more responsive in terms to what you see on the screen.

Say you play a hitscan class, tracking a scout feels easier due to the increased smoothness. Even outside of gaming, though the benefits are less pronounced, something like dragging a window looks and feels smoother as well. AFAIK, it also has better picture quality.

Anyway someone who knows their shit should probably explain this a bit better

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Tuto

[…]

LOL

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »