Forum

New PC!

Created 16th November 2013 @ 18:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

DavidTheWin

(ETF2L Donator)
BTWFC
[ᴛᴍᴍ]

Can you even get 120fps in TF2 with a 650 ti? At least step up to the 650 ti boost?

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from DavidTheWin

Can you even get 120fps in TF2 with a 650 ti? At least step up to the 650 ti boost?

650 ti boost runs the game very well, its a good card.

alba

duplo

Quoted from Tuto

[…]
Don’t do it :) simply because of the prices on those monitors. It’s not worth it at all imo.

10/10

Quoted from toogyboogy

120hz monitor is definetly worth the investment.

Don’t you need constant 120hz x 2 = 240fps to really get the difference? Cause I was thinking about buying one as well. But someone told me, that if doesn’t make sense with under 240 fps.

iZon

LEGO
LEGO

Quoted from Maffi

[…] i’ll give you free windows keys for tf2 items HUEHUEHUEHUE

no i will i can sell cheap keys walla

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from RazorsEdge

[…]

Don’t you need constant 120hz x 2 = 240fps to really get the difference? Cause I was thinking about buying one as well. But someone told me, that if doesn’t make sense with under 240 fps.

No, you notice the difference pretty much immediately after 70+ fps.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

My Battlefield 4 resets my monitor to 60hz everytime I alt tab out from the game (I do know how to fix I’m just lazy), and I notice the different of 120hz and 60hz within 5 seconds of tabbing back into the game. I don’t even get 60FPS in the game.

It still makes a difference because I do not use vsync. Vsync will synchronise the frames your graphics card renders with the frames your monitor can display. This gives you the smoothest possible visual experience your monitor can display (assuming you can keep a constant 60fps / 120fps (depending on your monitor)). Problem with vsync is you get input lag as it has to delay the frames your GFX card generates in order to sync them with the monitor.

So with vsync turned off, the gfx card just throws out as many frames as it can, and the monitor displays as many frames as it can. With 120hz, there’s a higher chance of the frames syncing up with the frames the graphics card generates, even if you don’t get 60fps. This results in a smoother gameplay experience even though your monitor does not display any additional ‘gfx card rendered’ frames, they are just more accurately in sync.

If you’re not using vsync, you simply want your gfx card to throw out as many frames as it can, and your monitor to display as many as it can for the smoothest game.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Case is okay, and the aesthetics are a matter of opinion, but something like the Fractal Design Define R4 is generally better rated and also much better looking imo. If you want to cut price you can also look at for instance an Antec Sonata III 500 which has a decent PSU built into a pratical and silent case. If you want to cut price even more, you can look at something like the CM Silencio 550 + seperate PSU.

Rest of parts are good. Not sure if 120Hz is necessary for you, as the Wi-Fi adapter already indicates you won’t go for the highest of highs of eSports Performances (c) (otherwise you’d have included a Killer Xeno Pro!)

VinuJ

Quoted from skeej

Case is okay, and the aesthetics are a matter of opinion, but something like the Fractal Design Define R4 is generally better rated and also much better looking imo. If you want to cut price you can also look at for instance an Antec Sonata III 500 which has a decent PSU built into a pratical and silent case. If you want to cut price even more, you can look at something like the CM Silencio 550 + seperate PSU.

Rest of parts are good. Not sure if 120Hz is necessary for you, as the Wi-Fi adapter already indicates you won’t go for the highest of highs of eSports Performances (c) (otherwise you’d have included a Killer Xeno Pro!)

hahah thanks :)

VinuJ

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

No, you notice the difference pretty much immediately after 70+ fps.

ok so I should get an 120hz monitor? is there something lower than that but higher than 60hz that would do?

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from VinuJ

[…]
ok so I should get an 120hz monitor? is there something lower than that but higher than 60hz that would do?

*facepalm*, why don’t you go for a 60hz monitor first? Like 4/5 of the tf2 community. If you feel like it’s not good enough, you could always upgrade.

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Why waste money on a 60hz monitor when you can waste money on a 120hz monitor

botman

as for tf2, a 120hz monitor or higher is a much better investment than a better gfx card. if you’ve only used 60hz before it really takes your game to another level once you get it.

frixx

LG

Quoted from botman

as for tf2, a 120hz monitor or higher is a much better investment than a better gfx card. if you’ve only used 60hz before it really takes your game to another level once you get it.

^this^

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from zen1th

Why waste money on a 60hz monitor when you can waste money on a 120hz monitor

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2