Forum

RSI

Created 22nd June 2012 @ 13:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I never had this or even heard of it and I have done stints of 12-15 hours. Is it related to the way you hold your mouse or the way you move your arm around or not playing ping pong regulary enough?

Waebi

‹Con›

came into this expecting rapid sequence induction. Was disappointed.
I did have a kind of “pins and needles” feeling in my left ring finger/pinkie for quite some time after playing a lot, went away after i stopped and now got a new keyboard, hasnt come back yet. My advice therefore – change your bad habits, “yolo” etc.

randa

How can you play games for that 12-15 hours at a time? Baffles me..

Grouver

What helped me:
1) Go to the gym to get strength in your arms.
2) Get a ergonomic position.
3) Massage your arms tendons for 5 minutes if it starts to hurt.

How to test if you are on your way to get RSI?
Stand up and stretch your arms next to you (not in front of you) as far as you can.
Now bend your wrist and stretch your fingers upwards so your fingers have a 90 degree difference with your arm. Feel tention or can’t do it, start taking action.

Henghast

open
bobs

I’ve had a few issues historically. Some related to the fact I nearly cut my right hands little finger off and the way it rests on the mouse can really cramp it up badly (I dont have spazzy Jeremy Beadle hands if you’re thinking that).

I’ve had a few issues with mild RSI though. For the most part I was sat badly using crappy mice at work and then coming straight home and playing. Meaning I was spending 12 hours a day in front of a PC using the same grip, same motions.

I just swapped hands at work so I use my left hand instead which really isnt a difficult thing to do it just takes a small amount of getting used to and it’s just the same. Make sure that blood flow isnt restricted by having wrists at at least teh same level as elbow and if I felt cramp coming on I’d flex and relax my hand a few times until it felt a bit better. If it didnt feel better I’d finish what I was doing and take a break.

I get the same crap when I’m painting a lot. Hand craps and pain because of hours of repetative action. It’s just a good idea to take 5 then and go back later when it’s not tired and sore.

impulse

after reading this post, everything started to hurt…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2