Forum

End the most senseless war on earth

Created 26th May 2011 @ 01:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Wabbeh

Quoted from skeej

Let’s ban life so that nobody can get harmed ever. Your arguments are really scary, almost pleading for an Orwellian totalitarianist society. Utopia where everybody is 100% free from harm and sadness does not exist and cannot exist.

When did I say that I want to live in an Orwellian society? Sure, if people only wanted to fuck themselves with drugs, then I would be fine with them. But they don’t. Others are affected, so they shouldn’t be allowed. :c

Swarlz

Quoted from Wabbeh

[…]

When did I say that I want to live in an Orwellian society? Sure, if people only wanted to fuck themselves with drugs, then I would be fine with them. But they don’t. Others are affected, so they shouldn’t be allowed. :c

I don’t undestand what factual basis are you going off of here? Where weed or other drugs makes you attack other people and fuck them up? I don’t understand could you please explain?

Pyle

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

I don’t undestand what factual basis are you going off of here? Where weed or other drugs makes you attack other people and fuck them up? I don’t understand could you please explain?

I would kill for a Ferrari :)

Pyle

I’m going to downgrade this discussion, WEED FOR WORLD PEACE!

the bm man

k^m

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

people under the influence of substances (not weed and not all illegal drugs) have the potential to be violent
lets face it drugs do destroy lives as does in the case in the war of drugs so does the prohibition of them, but you all seem to think this is some attack on weed which it isnt whatsoever and quoting the drugs policy of the netherlands is not a good example because the hard drugs on which the war on drugs is fought are not legal

Basically stop going on about weed when it really has little to do with the topic of discussion started

Swarlz

Quoted from the bm man

[…]

people under the influence of substances (not weed and not all illegal drugs) have the potential to be violent
lets face it drugs do destroy lives as does in the case in the war of drugs so does the prohibition of them, but you all seem to think this is some attack on weed which it isnt whatsoever and quoting the drugs policy of the netherlands is not a good example because the hard drugs on which the war on drugs is fought are not legal

Basically stop going on about weed when it really has little to do with the topic of discussion started

I’m only using weed as an example as the conversation appears to have turned in that direction. This thread is about the war on drugs but like all good ETF2L Threads its turned into what people want to talk about.

Last edited by Swarlz,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

The main issue surrounding the legalisation of weed in the UK is the health aspect, look at how the UK manage alcohol: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13559455

There is also the defects that could come from weed, I’m not saying that if you smoke it you will turn into a walking tumour, but the current effects that are shown from it now (violent behaviour, addiction and “mental illnesses”) is what’s putting a big question mark over it.

There are obviously case studies proven that legalization would help (Portugal, Netherlands etc.) but it’s a different country, with different economies and different lifestyles.

I for one am pro legalization, because down my street is a house that is probably only used for drugs, kids round here are bought up to steal to earn quick money for drugs, if they don’t they get beaten by their parents.

The practical uses are a an obvious plus if I’m honest.

Also I’m only talking about weed, the legalization of heroine, cocaine, meth etc. could be a lot worse, however, drug addicts will still be using it, and people who are going to use it once it’s legalized could be using it in a safer environment.

There was calls about heroine and harder drugs being made for prescription purposes, an addict can go to a clinic and get his fix and leave, the only catch is that he/she must attend a rehabilitation program in order to get the drug, whilst on this program he/she can always go and take heroine and it will not effect the process, they won’t be thrown out of rehab for it.

Also, there was a drug advisor who was the advisor for the PM (I think), he made a chart: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11660210 and that pretty much sums it all up.

It’s based on the health and social effects of drugs. He was also sacked for similar claims.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

The main issue surrounding the legalisation of weed in the UK is the health aspect, look at how the UK manage alcohol: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13559455

There is also the defects that could come from weed, I’m not saying that if you smoke it you will turn into a walking tumour, but the current effects that are shown from it now (violent behaviour, addiction and “mental illnesses”) is what’s putting a big question mark over it.

What sort of weed do you guys grow in England that causes people to become violent and addicted to it (as in a proper physical dependance, you can become mentally dependant on cannabis but cases of this are very rare)?

Swarlz

LETS ALL TAKE SHROOOMS

edit*

also yeah, you can’t grow physically dependent to green. And the violence? How can someone want to hurt you when they’re high – I call bullshit on any study that’s found that, I have not evidence, but really.

Last edited by Swarlz,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

In the circle of people that I know, I can probably get about any drug that exists whenever I want, on the same day that I “order” it. Yet I don’t do it… Hmm… I wonder why. Maybe it has something to do with an individual sense of responsibility, moderation, and common sense? I’ve used a variety of “hard” drugs on very rare occasions, and it was quite fucking awesome to be honest, but I don’t feel a need to use that shit daily, weekly, monthly, or for most drugs even yearly.

You can’t blame the government for people not being responsible individuals. If you do that, you’re already signaling society that they’re “kids” that need to be looked after. You’re not stimulating individual responsiblity.

But once again that has little to do with the war on drugs. The war on drugs is about unreasonal criminalization of relatively tiny drug offenses. My favourite libertarians Penn and Teller did a quite decent episode of Bullshit about it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_aEcA71yg8 . And funny sidenote is that both of them don’t use any typte of drugs (including alcohol and even cafeïne)

Last edited by skeej,

Swarlz

Quoted from skeej

In the circle of people that I know, I can probably get about any drug that exists whenever I want, on the same day that I “order” it. Yet I don’t do it… Hmm… I wonder why. Maybe it has something to do with an individual sense of responsibility, moderation, and common sense? I’ve used a variety of “hard” drugs on very rare occasions, and it was quite fucking awesome to be honest, but I don’t feel a need to use that shit daily, weekly, monthly, or for most drugs even yearly.

You can’t blame the government for people not being responsible individuals. If you do that, you’re already signaling society that they’re “kids” that need to be looked after. You’re not stimulating individual responsiblity.

But once again that has little to do with the war on drugs. The war on drugs is about unreasonal criminalization of relatively tiny drug offenses. My favourite libertarians Penn and Teller did a quite decent episode of Bullshit about it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_aEcA71yg8 . And funny sidenote is that both of them don’t use any typte of drugs (including alcohol and even cafeïne)

I come from a cricle of around 7 good friends, 3 of us do drugs the rest don’t touch them. They dont judge us we don’t judge them, two of them don’t even drink we get on as happy as larry. The world should be like this.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

I come from a cricle of around 7 good friends, 3 of us do drugs the rest don’t touch them. They dont judge us we don’t judge them, two of them don’t even drink we get on as happy as larry. The world should be like this.

Yes.

<3

Pyle

Quoted from Swarlz

LETS ALL TAKE SHROOOMS

edit*

also yeah, you can’t grow physically dependent to green. And the violence? How can someone want to hurt you when they’re high – I call bullshit on any study that’s found that, I have not evidence, but really.

On the contrary indeed… I, as a humble and experienced user of the holy cannabis can tell you it works the other way arround. I would love to experiment on aggressive people with cannabis to solve their problems by the use of holy cannabis, bless our father for giving us this wonderfull solution.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Swarlz

LETS ALL TAKE SHROOOMS

edit*

the violence comes when you’re more addicted to more powerful drugs, like lsd, extasy, crack and etc. You can’t afford them anymore, so you go on to the streets and do some crap to get money.. or get busted by the pigs.

Waebi

‹Con›

everyone talking about “hard” and “less dangerous” drugs etc should seriously check out http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/nov/02/david-nutt-dangerous-drug-list before saying anything more.

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »