Forum

fps config

Created 15th January 2009 @ 14:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Edd

T2P

When I use an fps config and change the launch settings to -dxlevel 81 (just like it says in the readme ^^) when someone gets hit a black box appears instead of blood any way to get rid of this? Also I have that awful problem about not getting gibs but getting ducks and tyres and stuff if that helps.

xtala

Ducks and tires is something you only get in the censored (only Germany has them afaik) versions. Idk if you can turn it off, don’t think so.

Norris

black boxes appear when you use a blood patch on sv_pure 2 servers because your self added blood textures are banned by the server. better remove it:) but unfortunately I can’t really tell you how to disable the german censored version. played with uncut since beta :|

seraph

rEJ

why on earth would you want to remove something as cool as ducks and tyres?

in fact, how can I get ducks and tyres on my own tf2?

xtala

Step 1. Make a steamaccount, and set the country to Germany
Step 2. Buy a new copy of tf2
Step 3. Stare at ducks and tires
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit!

nvc

I personally find disallowing other Europeans to have ducks for blood to be racist

xtala

Many games in Germany are censored actually.
Got something to do with WWII if I’m not mistaken.

Rele

Has gotten something to do with the USK being gay. They censore like every game and set the minimum age to 18 where PEGI gives 16 without cutting.
But, yeah, that Germany doesnt really tolerate violence kinda got to do with their history.

Norris

since when does the USK censor anything in germany? thought they just add their colored stamp on the product. if they reject (in rare cases eg wolfenstein uncut) then there’s a chance that the product will be removed. but even the new GTA uncut has been rated so violence isn’t really a problem over here. so infact the USK does save us quite a lot of games over here. as I said if they stamp it then it can’t be banned anymore, even our government would like to see it removed. so you better blame the developer who cuts the game to gain the ’16’ stamp to sell more of their products to younger ppl in germany.

Ino

dp.
dp.

On Topic: Black boxes showing up although you have the uncensored version is indeed caused by using dxlevel 81. Just change it back to dxlevel 95. The funny thing is that with modern GPUs you can use dxlevel 81, only the older ones (no shader 3 or sth like that) seem to cause the black boxes.

Edd

T2P

Just to point out i’ve had my steam account for 5+ years and the location set to UK. My gpu isn’t brand new but it isnt ancient and i have applied no blood patches at all :(.

Add A Reply Pages: 1