Forum

LERN ENGILS WIT SPIEK

Created 13th December 2010 @ 15:21

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »

Quoted from Smofo

[…]

I don’t actually care you get sick of people typing/writing bad english well tough luck I get sick of little nerds like you whining about everything all the time!

my sentiments exactly

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]
Also I’m not a little nerd. I’m quite full grown.

a full-grown nerd is still a nerd, and being full-grown doesnt mean youre not small

nerd.

Dummy

Quoted from Smofo

[…]

Huge nerd then I don’t care there are also people who are better at other subjects then languages and yes I know your original post was a joke but then you started whining in other threads and whining to people here, like me I probably only know/can write a little english cause it’s in been in my life for like ehh 10 years.. same with dutch, other languages in school I fucking failed at cause I never used them basicly I make loads of grammar mistakes in dutch and english but I don’t care aslong as people will understand me.

smofo
we all love you but please some .s or ,s durp

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

a full-grown nerd is still a nerd

WOW, YOU GOT THE JOKE!! WELL DONE!!

Quoted from dougiie

[…]

Yeah true, but you have 0 idea about the people who type on these forums. For example, people with learning difficulties (dyslexia) or whatever, surely you can’t say.. “oh how ignorant you chose the wrong word” etc etc

I don’t call people out for being wrong unless I actually know them (and usually just as a joke because they’ve let “it’s” or “you’re” slip through instead of the correct possessive). One of the people I often play Guild Wars with is dyslexic, and one time I invited her on a dungeon run with one of my real life friends who plays the game, only to have him (being the incredibly vocal person that he is) immediately start insulting her for what he assumed was her inability to speak English… which was awkward. I guess what I initially said looks like a blanket statement, but I meant it more as a generalisation for the average forum viewer.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Smofo

you started whining in other threads… I make loads of grammar mistakes in dutch and english but I don’t care aslong as people will understand me.

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-13547/page-16/?recent=257088#post-255678

Spike Himself

TC

rofl

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-13547/page-16/?recent=257088#post-255678

I don’t get it, Smofo isn’t correcting someone on a message of communication, but a permanent sentence that is misspelled. I mean, it’s not like Smofo is going to get a tattoo with his name misspelled because people can still understand it, is it?

Quoted from octochris

[…]

what the fuck oed have just gone against everything i know and love

Lol. All of the different versions I originally posted are acceptable, I think, depending on who you ask, because no one can agree on which is correct ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acronym#Other_conventions if you can stomach it). I’m intrigued that OED have gone for CDs, because that’s personally the version I’m adamant about using.

Quoted from CrashSite

You’re right this is nerdy, lets talk about playing a computer game competive and stuff that will make us seem cool so we get invited to parties.

CrashSite, this is why you have no luck with the ladies. Everyone knows that girls are all about the correct usage of spelling and grammar. Punctuation is cool!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sheridyn

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acronym#Other_conventions if you can stomach it)

Heh, I’d write “CDs”, but “p.s.” :D

Quoted from skeej

Every statement is an opinion in some way or form.

Factually proven statements are not opinions…?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Fluffy Meowington

[…]
Factually proven statements are not opinions…?

Philosophy 101: I think therefore I am. <- the only thing that stands no matter what.

The rest is ultimately uncertain, if you like it or not. It depends on your definition of fact, truth, and reality, though. (or the absolute denial of those things)

Btw, keeping the score of people owned in this topic:
– Koeitje
– Smofo

WTF Dutchies, thanks for making us look bad :(

Wabbeh

Dick Jones as well? He got semi-owned :>

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

You kinda ruined your entire argument the moment you said English was difficult to learn.

It isn’t.

I understand people get offended by the truth bombs being dropped in this thread, but the last thing I expected was for people to actually defend the fact they make mistakes in grammar/spelling, as if it’s perfectly normal. Wow.

[…]

Not all Brits. Only the majority.

Wrong, my dad speaks 7 languages and teaches it as a foreign language, it is one of the hardest to learn to speak and write like a native.

Last edited by Matt,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Matt

[…]

Wrong, my dad speaks 7 languages and teaches it as a foreign language, it is one of the hardest to learn to speak and write like a native.

Not going to turn this into a yes/no game, but you’re wrong and I don’t see how your argument would even begin to make sense.

My dad works as a technician. Your argument is invalid.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

[…]

Not going to turn this into a yes/no game, but you’re wrong and I don’t see how your argument would even begin to make sense.

My dad works as a technician. Your argument is invalid.

You have been stating opinion as fact this entire thread, thought i would give you a taste of your own medicine.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »