Forum

The Well #2

Created 25th November 2010 @ 09:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

Is it true that fabio is too hot for u?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Staying with the same six people and playing with them consequently lets you improve more than jumping between higher skilled teams, even if you can actually keep up with the pace. True/false?

Given it’s true, if the team doesn’t play much / doesn’t really improve as a group, should a player just leave and hope for luck elsewhere or simply stay patient and focus on his own performance?

From my own experience, steps on a ladder of improvement are as follows: pubs, warmups, simply playing a lot, practicing dm, analysis, getting creative, perfection. People say a lot about these and as there is not much more to be said, most of players new to their skill level feel lost when it comes to further improvement. What do you think most often creates an impenetrable wall for players wanting to just get better and better?

how do you do railjump on dm6?

Anathema

Quoted from freshmeatt

Staying with the same six people and playing with them consequently lets you improve more than jumping between higher skilled teams, even if you can actually keep up with the pace. True/false?

Quality of your team matters less than quality of opponents. If your team doesn’t improve and therefore you don’t fight harder enemies, you won’t improve. If you play against better opponents you’ll be forced to adapt.

On topic: What type of scout behaviour do you have the most problems dealing with?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

What’s the key to a good push and positioning. We are ok with defending. But are weak in pushing back.. :)

Cek

7lives

what’s springering? :D

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from freshmeatt

Given it’s true, if the team doesn’t play much / doesn’t really improve as a group, should a player just leave and hope for luck elsewhere or simply stay patient and focus on his own performance?

From my own experience, steps on a ladder of improvement are as follows: pubs, warmups, simply playing a lot, practicing dm, analysis, getting creative, perfection. People say a lot about these and as there is not much more to be said, most of players new to their skill level feel lost when it comes to further improvement. What do you think most often creates an impenetrable wall for players wanting to just get better and better?

how do you do railjump on dm6?

I do not know, I played for month or two and went straight to div1. Should find 5 motivated friends, if all of them practice shouldnt take too long for you to improve. impenetrable wall for me atleast comes to simply not being interested enough to play and not progressing as fast as when I started. So I just warmup not tryin to improve anymore.

No idea how the gawddamn jump is done, when I learn that ill go pro in quake.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Anathema

[…]

Quality of your team matters less than quality of opponents. If your team doesn’t improve and therefore you don’t fight harder enemies, you won’t improve. If you play against better opponents you’ll be forced to adapt.

On topic: What type of scout behaviour do you have the most problems dealing with?

cookye.cfg

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Andee

What’s the key to a good push and positioning. We are ok with defending. But are weak in pushing back.. :)

Pushing back is the hardest part of the game imo. It needs good timing and a bit of surprise on your side. When they are pushing and you have uber to defend try to delay yours a bit and follow them with your uber is the easiest way.

Why are u evading my question? :(

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

Why are u evading my question? :(

am i? missed your question then. NO MORE QUESTIONS ! maybe someone will continue “the well”

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

Is it true that fabio is too hot for u?

;o

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Darn

[…]

It doesnt really matter as long as you aint doing anything alone. We usually decide while rolling out what to do, as in “ill pressure the demo by jumping, while you follow and clean up” etc.

Kills are good but succesful “bombing” also means the enemy emptying their clip, focusing on you with more than one player.

LOL same answer as we give Crashsite every week. Don’t have to be pro to state the fucking obvious Crashsite.

Cure

LSD//
Lohysi

Last edited by Cure,

poxie

Stripes or spots?

Quoted from Darn

[…]
NO MORE QUESTIONS !

Do you really mean that?

In case you don’t, as someone who went to a high div very quickly, do you subscribe to the notion that someone who’s moderately talented at using a mouse as a pointing device can be put into a team well above his real skill-level and improve to that level within a matter of weeks? I’ve seen it happen lots of times to players I thought mediocre (I look forward to your correspondence, people who feel like I’m talking about them), so I’m wondering if I was wrong all along (which is not really possible), or they just adapted real fast with the help of their higher-level team.
Not talking about being carried (hi, female medics!), but genuine improvement.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »