Forum

The Well #2

Created 25th November 2010 @ 09:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

what do you do in a situation where you’re 2on2 sollymedic vs demomedic, assuming the demo is going to be of premiership quality?

Last edited by Herr Braffle,

dunc

infs
dp.

Quoted from Herr Braffle

what do you do in a situation where youre 2on2 sollymedic vs demomedic, assuming the demos is going to be of premiership quality?

I’ll answer that one on Darn’s behalf, having seen him do it numerous times.

Darn jumps at the opposition medic and one of two eventualities occurs:
#1 Darn gets triple air-piped
#2 Darn fails to see the sticky trap right next to the opposition medic

The demoman then doesn’t even bother to reload, puts a sticky down, jumps on Darn’s medic and instagibs him with his nukes. Fucking cheater class.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from dunc

My question is:

If you had to have either mvp or Fragga as your second soldier, who would you pick and why?

Easy, fragga is the best soldier in the universe so I have to pick mvp.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I have a theory:

Badlands is the best map in TF2.
Badlands is the only 5 CP map without a low ceiling on the choke.

Soldiers can jump in and you don’t have to uber to push 6v6.

All other maps have ‘easy’ defensive setups based around choke points that are stacked in favour of the defending team.

Do you concur?
Why do so many maps (granary, obscure, etc.) neglect this concept?

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from dunc

[…]
I’ll answer that one on Darn’s behalf, having seen him do it numerous times.

Darn jumps at the opposition medic and one of two eventualities occurs:
#1 Darn gets triple air-piped
#2 Darn fails to see the sticky trap right next to the opposition medic

The demoman then doesn’t even bother to reload, puts a sticky down, jumps on Darn’s medic and instagibs him with his nukes. Fucking cheater class.

spot on. If you have to fight, jump is the only option. Id go for the demo most of the time.

dunc

infs
dp.

demoman my arse rauli, you see a medic and all of the other players disappear off the fucking map :D

JackieBoy

LTG.

I turn 18 right before WASM.

Will you buy me a beer @ WASM?

Snyyppis

RLM

What do you do on obscure mid?

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Snyyppis

What do you do on obscure mid?

Wait for the enemy do something, the mid relies mostly only on scouts/demos. Too far distances to spam or jump.

Setlet

Why there aren’t any 5cp maps with setup time?

Why didn’t you like the new granary where there was a setup time? (Which the community replaced with pro_granary or something)

Was cp_well hated because of the setup gate or because of bad cp2/4?

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Setlet

Why there aren’t any 5cp maps with setup time?

Why didn’t you like the new granary where there was a setup time? (Which the community replaced with pro_granary or something)

Was cp_well hated because of the setup gate or because of bad cp2/4?

Rollout is big part of the game and very unique, setup just destroys it and the midfight is just a big mess. I hated cp1 more in cp_well

hans

How do you restore the (personal or team) morale after having lost several rounds on a map or the first map of the match? Do you have any tricks for “getting back in the game”?

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from hans

How do you restore the (personal or team) morale after having lost several rounds on a map or the first map of the match? Do you have any tricks for “getting back in the game”?

Stop dwelling in it, we always look the game very analytic as in if we are couple rounds behind, I just quickly check the time and call what needs to be done. So we dont have time to dwell in it. If we lose a map, we lose it no can do. Always start from fresh table in the 2nd map. Too much “ah we should have done this, you should that we blabla” just makes your morale go down. Discuss after the game imo.

if that made any sense.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Darn

[…]

Stop dwelling in it, we always look the game very analytic as in if we are couple rounds behind, I just quickly check the time and call what needs to be done. So we dont have time to dwell in it. If we lose a map, we lose it no can do. Always start from fresh table in the 2nd map. Too much “ah we should have done this, you should that we blabla” just makes your morale go down. Discuss after the game imo.

if that made any sense.

So basically “shit happens, forget about it and move on”?

How would you deal with a situation where one particular member of the team keeps making the same (terribly bad) mistake, regardless of what you have been telling him? I guess this doesn’t apply to prem as much as it does to lower divs, but I’m still curious.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

So basically “shit happens, forget about it and move on”?

How would you deal with a situation where one particular member of the team keeps making the same (terribly bad) mistake, regardless of what you have been telling him? I guess this doesn’t apply to prem as much as it does to lower divs, but I’m still curious.

Uh, keeps doing the same mistake… replace him. Thats how we did it with blood pressure long time ago.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »