Movie help Plz

Created 8th January 2009 @ 04:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Assault Marine Sigh

Thanks Rob :D

Also thanks guys.

So to clarify
Startmovie command
Select a codec like xvid or x264 or whatever.
If the codec isnt there how do I get it ? download it ?

Thanks Sigh

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

im glad to help (if am i any help at all, kinda new to this aswell!)

download the codec you want to use, xvid for an example

you should be able to google it and find it easily, download xvid codec here: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

install it on your computer, boot tf2, load stv demo blaha blaha. go into options – video and select to view tf2 in window mode. now, type “startmovie omglolshot avi” in the console and press enter, this will bring up a small window where you choose the codec you want to use, xvid for an example. your avi file (with ingame sound) will appear in C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/yoursteamaccount/team fortress 2/

cheers! gl with the movie! :D

Moose

[MIPC]

If you want to make your clip with good quality, you shouldn’t be editing it after you have compressed your clips with xvid or H.264. Instead create the clips with a lossless codec like Lagarith or HuffyUV. Then edit these lossless videos with your preferred video editor and finally use H.264 to encode the final release version of your video. I personally use Lagarith since After Effects have had some problems with HuffyUV.

BvD

flowerpower/

omg this language you guys speak, is it Chinese? lol

I really want to make a fragvid, and have the footage for it, but I just suck at all this stuff :(

psy

keep tryin :)

kolox

obs.

Thanks guys, I just made a sick movie start/stop bind, which I’ll post below..
I downloaded the Xvid codec from http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/ (thanks morf) and fiddled around quite a bit with different binds etc-

//Movie commands
alias “startk” “demo_resume; bind KP_DOWNARROW stopk”
alias “stopk” “demo_pause; bind KP_DOWNARROW startk”
bind “KP_DOWNARROW” “startk”

bind “KP_END” “startmovie frag avi; demo_resume host_framerate 30.0; ”
bind “KP_PGDN” “endmovie; host_framerate 0; demo_pause”
//end

So I press 1 on numpad to startmovie, choose Xvid and click ok, and it will automatically resume the footage, so the sound is synced. When im done, I press 3 and it ends the movie and pauses the demo, so I can rename/check the footage in my tf folder.

2 is just a toggle for pausing/unpausing which I found pretty handy :D
Thought you might appreciate it

Assault Marine Sigh

awesome.
Currently I ofc have the binds for start and end.

The pause feature will come in very handy :D

jk

A handy guide/link can be found on GotFrag here (I know it’s for CS, but most things translate). I’ve updated the movie config that the author shares for TF2, and it has some very handy features. A link to the updated config is here It’s pretty handy, easy 24 bind movie files at 1 keypress, framerate adjustments on the fly, demo control speed, and all cheat related goodies (HUD removal, Wireframe, etc)

The best advice I can give is work in windowed mode at the same resolution your movie will be in to view the demo and make the targas (1280×720 for me) with maxed graphical settings. Also be sure to set host_framerate before you use startmovie (I use 90), use startmovie for targa’s only (skip avi), make the clip in Virtualdub using the huffy codec and matching the framerates. Lastly, definitely encode using x264, XVid is okay but I find x264 to give better quality.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2