x
Dear teams and players, for the upcoming Highlander Season 32 (Summer 2024), we also have a poll form we would appreciate you to fill out to help us make decisions for the season. You can find and fill out this poll form Here.
x
Dear teams and players, thank you for participating in the ETF2L 6v6 Season 47 (Spring 2024). We would appreciate if you could take your time to go through this little feedback form.

Forum

[Contest Entry WIP] CP_YUKON (formerly Ash Ridge)

Created 27th February 2009 @ 00:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

thaldarin

I like the look of this one. Original, lots of well thought out level over level play. Good use of models and a good little layout. +1 =]

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

really love it, it looks great with the new textures, really fun map! :D

Renegade

Imperial

just did a 6v6 pickup and this is easily my favourite map so far i believe.

the small number of entrances seems to work really well for some reason, and the look and layout work perfectly!

maybe consider a slightly larger area between second and third, but really im not sure. other maps like granary have that slightly larger area inbetween, altho badlands sort of doesnt! who knows!

anyway gj

lork

great map! I want to see it finished

Garion

[GM'E]
GM

i just think it needs some graphic tweaking, normally i dont hear my gc on any TF2 map, but i did all the time on this one, could really cause problems to some players/configurations

Akill

its looking fantastic now, and the gameplay really holdsup. Maybe this is a good point to stop defensive being overpowered, but i tried defending from the lampposts, and its actually rather difficult to do lol. There are some nice spots to ambush from. not only highground but there are LOWGROUND spots soldiers can catch people off guard from by jumping up to the enemy. That pipe on cp1. the medic usually ubers across it. Well placed rocket will knock him to the ground. CP1 is quite diverse imo

MangyCarface

Thanks for the response guys!

Garion, I am really confused, where are you encountering this FPS issues? By all accounts, your framerate ought to be better than in badlands etc… you’re definitely drawing less geometry at any given time than in badlands. I’ve optimized this baby as much as it can be optimized, better than any custom map I know, and you still have framerate issues :S Gonna need screenshots/system specs

kankle_king

I love you mangy

kankle_king

I’ve already told mangy, but you guys need to know how great a map this is. Amazing visual design, balanced gameplay, just outstanding. I’ve seen a lot of great new push maps come out recently, and this is by far the best. (beats follower,resonance,greenvalley) DO yourself a favor and play this map, its ****in awesome.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

oh and as i and renegade purposed as we played, please make the lodge fall down if its hit, the big one over the middle cap :DDD:D:DD

frooker

Great map, my favourite so far. :)

MangyCarface

Updated to an initial release candidate, see first page for details.

oPlaiD

I’ve played this map a bunch of times now and I really think in a real match environment it’s just going to devolve into a boring stalemate between the 2nd and 3rd points because it’s too hard to push through the two small tunnels provided between them.

Something needs to be opened up more so there are more attacking options. It’s very easy to cover the bottom route while camping your whole team at the top, and things like backcaps are never a concern because the point is so close no matter where you are and takes so long to capture.

MangyCarface

Guys, deadline is in like 3 fucking days. Can we get some playtests going : S

JimmyBreeze

k^m

This looks really great.

I haven’t played it yet, but I have heard concerns similar to what Oplaid is posting about: mainly that attacking CP4 is potentially too difficult through the narrow routes and prone to stalemate.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »