Forum

cp_gullywash_pro

Created 13th February 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 39 Next »

iQue

keso

I must admit that gameplay wise, it’s one of the best maps from the map contest

I still have to say that while it’s great that mid is rather large and open without getting too sniper friendly, it still doesn’t look very aesthetically pleasing. The raised point is cool and all, but it feels like there’s something missing.

bun

i tested this map today looks like very cool

Memento Mori

The first few times I played, I thought it was overhyped and a bit crap. But today, on the public, I realized its almost as good as badlands (almost :D ).

No real problems but –

The doors into last point could do with opening a little earlier from the attackers side – I found myself getting jammed on it as soldier leading to a couple of spam related deaths that could have been avoided if I had seen the danger earlier – just pull the trigger a bit further, very simple.

I also liked all the little (intended or otherwise) ledges you could jump to – don’t clip any of these off, like at mid where you can jump on the wood decoration on the walls. I find maps with a lot of these sort of spots are more interesting in the long term.

Something that may be a bit annoying in 6v6 is the water to last – it gives a very safe route right to the point and with it capping so quickly I might get a bit annoyed. Maybe changing the water texture to something a bit lighter so scouts can be spotted more easily. But this one is just me crying because soldier needs to lose some weight.

Arnold

DAKKA

i noticed those doors a few days ago in hammer, i must have accidently moved the trigger to one side of the door. it’s fixed now thanks for telling me again tho.
I’ll change the light’s behind point to make it easier to spot scouts, i won’t change the texture however.

thanks for the positive and constructive feedback

eoN^

Something that may be a bit annoying in 6v6 is the water to last – it gives a very safe route right to the point and with it capping so quickly I might get a bit annoyed. Maybe changing the water texture to something a bit lighter so scouts can be spotted more easily. But this one is just me crying because soldier needs to lose some weight.

Theres only one way into the water that is VERY visable if you have someone (anyone tbh) standing on the left hand side just keeping an eye out.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Theres only one way into the water that is VERY visable if you have someone (anyone tbh) standing on the left hand side just keeping an eye out.

Ever heard of a spy?
It should be changed that you coming out of the water from one side and not from behind.

It’s really annoying if you have to stand on the point, because it is nearly capped and it’s impossible to concentrate on more than 180°.
Look at badlands last cp, there is a wall for good reason.

Springer

DAKKA

<Ever heard of a spy?
It should be changed that you coming out of the water from one side and not from behind.

It’s really annoying if you have to stand on the point, because it is nearly capped and it’s impossible to concentrate on more than 180°.
Look at badlands last cp, there is a wall for good reason.

Imo this make no sense at all, if a point is almost capped you should stay on the point on every map, with or without back route. There is no real difference about that if a spy came from the front/side or behind, if its cloaked you won’t see him and he can cap it always if no one is on the point and its nearly capped.

About the 180°, I think we always have to look at our backs. As a spy always can sneak behind you, off course on badlands last point for example you have that wall where you can lean against. I’ll give u that… But still I don’t think it should be removed/replaced. It’s those new elements that makes these customs maps so attractive, like capping/blocking from higher grounds, water entrance etc. This give us the opportunity to use some different tactics / classes. And if I remember good that was one of the goals of this mapping competition.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

great map, hope this gets used in pugs asap and hopefully a primary map for next season – good work arnold

Bash

After playing about a dozen pickups on it I’d say it’s a great map. The one complaint I’d have is that there is no advantage in being a fast demo (which makes sense as it was made by a scout!). Meh, I’ll get over it.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

What I especially like with this map is that there’s 3 ways to enter/exit the last point (for all classes) i.e,. both doors at the bottom and jumping to the upper route from the spire; also that the entrances to 2nd/4th are wide enough to stop right-click heroes; that there doesn’t appear to be any of the usual nadespam fest at middle, like badlands for example; and that last point can be held and attacked using any class.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

On every last cp, you have a wall in your back (bad, well, freight) or you can stand very close to the point behind it with a wall in your back (gran, fastlane)
so you can stand on the point and focus the enemy ahead without fear from backstab and instant losing the round (because it was very closed to be capped and someone had to stand on the point)

already talked with arnold about, he might add a wall in the middle between water and point with two “doors” to the sides. (imagine: Larger a E and rotate it 90° clockwise)
Even I think a see-through wall like (bad, well) would be better than a solid one.

Springer

DAKKA

There should be an alarm going when someone is in the water even a spy, like a red light or something. Everything fixed!
/me thinks about the spy movie

Or yeah lets just do it like the other maps :>

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

On every last cp, you have a wall in your back (bad, well, freight) or you can stand very close to the point behind it with a wall in your back (gran, fastlane)
so you can stand on the point and focus the enemy ahead without fear from backstab and instant losing the round (because it was very closed to be capped and someone had to stand on the point)

already talked with arnold about, he might add a wall in the middle between water and point with two “doors” to the sides. (imagine: Larger a E and rotate it 90° clockwise)
Even I think a see-through wall like (bad, well) would be better than a solid one.

i dont know why you are pointing this out, i have played dozens of matches in this map, and it works very well. the water isn’t a problem, reasons explained earlier. for some reason to you, it is.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Because I think it’s a basic element of the last cp, that you can stand on or only a short distance behind (watching the point) always with a wall as a safety on your back.
Let’s say the cap is made 80% or more and someone has to stand on it, it’s ridiculous to watch every second behind for a spy and still be fully concentrate and watch the front.

wer

tfortress.no

Because I think it’s a basic element of the last cp, that you can stand on or only a short distance behind (watching the point) always with a wall as a safety on your back.
Let’s say the cap is made 80% or more and someone has to stand on it, it’s ridiculous to watch every second behind for a spy and still be fully concentrate and watch the front.

u can see all the 4 other entrances at the same time, then turn around and check water.

while on badlands u can see 3 entrances at the same time, and turn to see down left.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 39 Next »