– Fixed a missing overlay
– Increased brightness in big turbine room
– Clipped various places to prevent players from getting there
– Clipped the sewers, will still need additional tweaking for a3 perhaps
– Added small ammo packs in middle
– Increased the height of the skybox in mid
– Added additional lights in tunnel
– Increased the size of the resupply lockers triggers
– Added ‘collisions’ on the arrow signs, will probably need clipping later though
– Added clip on the windows right in front of spawn
– Moved the medium health pack in the turbine room to the left
– Added some crates in mid
– Deleted one arch to prevent a sticky-trap

Howdy!

I’ve been working on a 5CP designed for TF2Maps.net’s sixth major contest for the past week and it reached its first alpha release. It’s a standard map with a somewhat classic gameplay, with a lot of alternative routes and height variations.

Integrity takes place in a hydro-like facility, where RED and BLU both house a superprocessor deep within their bases. Since they discovered the two of them own the same device, they decide to fight once again.

So, since it’s the first alpha release, I expect it to be not perfect at all, and I hope you guys would be able to provide me feedback to improve it. At the moment, only the last and some surrounding corridors are detailled, the rest is still in dev_ textures and work in progress.

Some screenies:

[Link]
[Link]
[Link]
[Link]
[Link]
[Link]

and here’s the overview:

[Link]

And, the download link: [Link]

I had the chance to do a small test today with some casual players who reported some things, overall the test went well and they liked the map, but I also want the thoughts and feedback of competitive players on the map.

If you happen to play the map, feel free to contact me if you want to give me feedback. My Steam username is skacky, and this thread is also here for that.

Cheers. :)

Last edited by skacky,

IPZIE

SUAVE

Looks promising. Keep it up!

Defur

Looks intresting!

ooKami

I played a bit the map, it seems pretty interesting. these are some questions i have for you :

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3521/28971987.jpg

The last point looks good, but i think you should remove this power disc on the base of it.
From my low div point of view i was thinking about : what if a team attacks with a pyro and airblast people on the power disc?
Shouldn’t that kill even ubered people? how a counter on that should work?
Ok, people that get airblasted can strafe but still i have some doubts on that stuff.
A jumping class can climb the big monitor, is that on purpose?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1809/44157555.jpg

Aren’t those 2 medium medkits too much and too much close to each other in that little space? that could be a huge advantage on people defending and retreating from the top room to the other one, I think it would be better to move the kit near the right part of the stairs on the far left, but that is just my point.

http://img513.imageshack.us/f/72058900.jpg/

Standing on the lamps, is that on purpose?

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7464/50605499.jpg

Hiding stickies behind the arrow sign, pretty unvisible from the outside,and that can be done with all the arrow signs, is that on purpose too?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7599/95216201.jpg

Here a demo can hide a lot of stickies, i just left one out to see the place i mean, will you fix that? otherwise it will be a big sticky trap.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8926/75150592.jpg

All the big windows are climbable, and from there a demo can control the right entrance on the rocks and spam on the main one with pipes.
Not so useful and maybe stupid spot too, but will al the window be climbable like that?

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6329/41418939.jpg

Here i’m on the mirrored big window, same as the one you can see in the front.

The skybox on the central point seems so low, or maybe i’m just unable to jump in a proper way, but still, if the skybox is low i would love to have an high one and keep some very interesting vertical duels there.

For the rest, nice map, maybe 5 entrance on the second point are so much, but I would actually play before judging that as ” too open”.

My low division 2 cents.

Last edited by ooKami,

skacky

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Actually I thought I clipped those windows, guess I should have double-checked before I threw the alpha version. Silly me.
Concerning the arrow signs, unfortunately those models do not have any collision box and I guess I will have to toy around with blockbullet brushes to prevent demomen from putting stickies there. As for the arches in the CP2 path to middle, I never even thought about that spot! Good find.
The skybox in the middle is maybe too low yeah, I will increase its height in the next version.

For the moment I’m a bit reluctant to remove the death pit at the last, but if it becomes too bothersome to a majority of players I’ll may find a way to “remove” it (covering it with glass maybe). As far as I know a trigger_hurt kills even ubered people.

Your other remarks are taken in consideration too.
And finally for the lights and such, I will turn the collisions off for them, that’ll prevent sneaky jumper classes from getting stealthy kills from there.

Thanks again!

ooKami

np, i love playing new maps and i would love to play it even in new season or events.

for the arch sticky spot i tought about that simply because i was thinking about a way to “close” that entrance while defending and i thought about putting stickies behind the last arch on the hallway, and then i noticed that the garage door basically covers every sticky if those are placed good and all the trap become invisible.

For the lamp stuff you should fix that, not only for the sneaky part, but even for rollouts ( even if i don’t know actually if that room should be a good way to rollout the map.)

I also noticed that in the “lamps room” the lights are not the best ( lol ) and there are some dark corners and especially on the blue side it should be a little more brighter.

n00ne

Soul has to have integrity, CSR 103.9

Cooler

4Queens

cp_hydronaryfront

skacky

Hey all.

I’ve just released the alpha 2 version. You can see the changelog in the first post.
Cheers.

hapha

You don’t mess around eh skacky [: I had a quick run through and really like the feel of the map. The main thing I noticed and its probably going to come up a lot later on is the fact that both exits from mid -> cp2 feature low ceilings & extended corridors which obviously makes for quite harsh chokes and I’d guess end up playing similar to granary in that sense. You may want to consider after receiving enough feedback from the community of course if it would be viable to expand or open up one of those routes completely.

wer

tfortress.no

Looks very good so far. You have taken some good things from both badlands and granary without making the map look like any of them.

One thing i noticed is that there’s a very long sight line for snipers over every cp. And some of the side entrances are small and choky. You could maybe move the main entrances on middle so they are covered a little by the crates?

ooKami

yeah, a sniper in defence on the second point can basically close the left entrance if someone keep the door open for him (a scout maybe).

Keyro

Cheater

Awesome for an alpha release, keep up the good work.

wer

tfortress.no

Can you upload a2 somewhere else? tf2maps.net isn’t working for me.

Hipz

Not bad map bro.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »