Forum

The divisions are so pretty, please let me see them!

Created 31st January 2010 @ 21:13

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from d2m

1-3 are up, 4-6 are being cleansed for teams that have dropped to <5 players in the last week or two.

Any teams with 5 players, who don't have 6 players by Sunday 7th February will be replaced.

Prays that there will be some.. and that we can enter Season 7 :-/

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Dont worry your head, there is ALWAYS a fair few clans drop early doors. They get rolled once or twice in a pre season PCW and everyone throws their rattles out of the pram and quits.

Then there are the teams who think they’ll roll Div 6 and than they get beaten in their first match and rage quit.

Play a lot of ladder matches so you’ve got a better chance of getting in.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Yeah, but ladder isn’t the same as league.. But thanks for the cheering up and hopefully alot of ragequiters signed up.

(…never thought i’d be saying that)

Last edited by Andee,

Monkeh

No, you miss understood me. The admins will give preference to those teams that have been active on the ladder I think. So your new team may get preference over another new team if you’ve got 5 ladder games under your belt when they have none.

Also ladder matches are a good training zone too, should you need to sharpen some tactics or whatever.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Ah, we are active, but not in etf2l yet.. But thanks for the advise mate. I’ve got some blackmails with photo’s of admins in obscure hotels to send.. ;-)

Jewan

.jpg
NEET

My team’s played a ton of ladder but we didn’t get in, so it makes me think there are other criteria the decision is based upon.
Well, I hope enough teams drop or fold so we can play.
EDIT: We got in :D Looks like another team dropped or something. Whatever, I’m happy.
sup spikes lol

Last edited by Jewan,

Monkeh

So you have. I’m pretty sure it was mentioned as helpfull criteria… Maybe not.

Spikes

Heya Jewan :D
We arent in it too. Lets hope that some clans drop

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I think the ladder is only usefull for helping to decide where to put teams once they’re in.

AS far as i know they take the teams from last season first, and then fill up the rest on a first come, first serve basis. (ie: the ones who signed up first get in). Don’t quote me on that though :)

Monkeh

I knew about the last season thingy ma bob, and rightly so too, but I thought the whole first come first served thing had been dropped.

It should have been imo, I mean what better way to pick teams for season 7 than active teams on the ladder getting preference! 420/weed smokers have played a hell of a lot of ladder matches and are therefore a reasonably stable clan who are less likely to fold than another new team who haven’t played a single ladder match, don’t you think.

Active teams should get priority over inactive teams that happened to be online 30 seconds, (or whatever), before the active team, on the day the sign ups opened.

Last edited by Monkeh,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I’ve no idea really =) It could as well that they’ve done something like that.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Do teams that missed out last season get priority in filling spots this season?

Monkeh

Could you ask around or is it being kept a secret? It would be interesting to know, especially for those that haven’t been included…..

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

The formula used was pretty simple and quite clearly explained in previous news posts.

We included all the teams that finished Season 6 and signed up. We then looked at division change requests and all of the screenshots people sent us, as well as new teams and screenshots etc.

We looked to include as many teams who were active in the ladder as possible, and I think we achieved that to a great extent.

It’s not easy trying to place 330 teams into divisions, and there will always be a few teams that miss out at the start. However, last season 79 teams dropped – which means many of the teams who are on the waiting list will get a chance to play.

Monkeh

Thanks D2M, I thought the ladder was used, cheers for replying.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »