Forum

ETF2L Public Server?

Created 20th May 2009 @ 11:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

maybe we could also use some commands for the server like the “ESL” for the King of the Hill (KOTH) event.

For those who dont know what i mean: on the KOTH-Server can only those players play, which have a steamid (TF2) on their userpage. Every player who tries to play there, but has no steamid on their profil gets kicked and gets a massage like: “no profil found which is simular with your steamid. please visit “www xxxxxx com” for more informations”

The ETF2L also support this so maybe we can also use this commands that only the ETF2l can use the server

excellent idea, +1 kazillion

David

lets pressure the admins with lots of +1’s!

+1
+1
+1
+one
+!

dr.dru

ps

this would be pretty cool but whats to stop lots of noobs joining? if a server is almost full random public players are going to join..

i’d say give it a non-descript name and password it, and hand out the password only to ETF2L members somehow.

Cycles

lolwow

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

Black_Bob

[DA]

how about the guess proof pw of “etf2l”

Jones

Put password on forums?

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

+1

maybe it’s possible that the server checks the steamid from the registered players on etf2l and let ‘m join based on that? guess some geek can make a script for that, or maybe it already exists dunno ;p

for science

this would be pretty cool but whats to stop lots of noobs joining? if a server is almost full random public players are going to join..

It wouldn’t be that hard to write a plugin that checks the steamid of every connecting user against the registered list of people on the forums w/ steamIDs.

Norrland3000

or set a password that the admins announce only to registred players. But plugin would be better :)

hänsen

Team Popo!

guess it?

yes?

here is it:

+10!

for science

Pretty sure you’d be able to get a pretty simple plugin that indexes the user db from etfl.org; sourcemod plugins can check against MySQL dbs, so that’d be an easy start.

Seems like there’s a lot of interest in this :)

edit: just looked into it quickly – seems like it would be a pretty simple thing to do – there much interest in this?

hänsen

Team Popo!

or maybe you just ask the esl guys how they made it :P

btw… i want to have my steamid recognized, not my name, cuz this system works shit with ä,ü,ö and all the other german “strangeletters”

for science

Yeah few more mins of reading on it – and it’s not that hard at all in sourcemod. There’s already some code snippets that do most of what you’d want it to do – and yes it would be able to check steamID obv rather than name.

Would just need to get permission from the site admins, and a user created for the plugin to access teh db.

exm

DO IT!!!

I played the hell in ESL servers (before they broke down and got turned into bizilionth CS:S server!)

Crunchy

+1

maybe it’s possible that the server checks the steamid from the registered players on etf2l and let ‘m join based on that? guess some geek can make a script for that, or maybe it already exists dunno ;p

ask mikejs :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »