Forum

Abra (OMG! It's) banned for 1 year. Especially for admins, but for players too.

Created 12th April 2009 @ 00:27

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »

ONlock

YOYO\'

I find it hard to support the admins decision until proof can be shown.

trams

-><-

1. Etf2l is NOT an democracy, the admins is not chosen by votes from the players.
2. Are you sure it was this demo he was banned for?
3. Cant abra talk for himself?
4. There are other leagues if you dont like this one.

Blad3

AM

unban abra, hi is not a cheater !

Iller

tGa

I don’t think the admins are banning people by just looking at a bit of a stv demo and say “That scattergun shot was a little bit too accurate, I think he is cheating, let’s ban.”

The admins wrote that they had found new methods of tracking cheaters and therefore I doubt these methods are the plain old “watching and suspecting” method. Maybe you can see directly when someone has an aimbot installed when playing somehow ?
I don’t know.

It is nice of you to defend your teammate, but I have to agree with Tramsig that it would be more appropriate for Abra to defend himself. After all, he is the only one who knows to 100% who is right here.

I have an idea by the way. Maybe we can arrange a vote among the community for one trusted player. He will then be showed the evidence by the admins and tell the rest if he thinks it is reliable or not. Prefferably this should be some top player from div 1.

Even if the admins are right about people cheating, they need to regain the trust of a lot of people.

AnAkkk

Anyway, this is useless, nothing will be done, and admins of others leagues (e.g. Enemydown) are already reviewing demos of cheaters to ban them from here too.
When people will see that they get banned too from other leagues, I guess that’ll shut up their mouth :)

Militant

This is just pathetic… Noone can be called a cheater without public evidence. That’s basically a crime against a good name and a reputation. Accusers must provide a vid with suspicious moments and an explanation of their decision.Argument that other cheaters will learn from that is a load of crap tbh, because all cheat-detecting techniques existing are already known to anyone who really wants to know them. So there is no point hiding them from public.
Next, what if an admin got a personal grudge against certain player? Can such an opinion be unbiased?

Iller

tGa

“Argument that other cheaters will learn from that is a load of crap tbh, because all cheat-detecting techniques existing are already known to anyone who really wants to know them. So there is no point hiding them from public.”

But did really all the 12 banned people know about these techniques ?
Unless they are all innocent, wouldn’t the guilty ones among them then have stopped using those kind of cheats and then tried something else instead ?

The fact than cheaters are caught is a proof that many people are not aware of the methods the admins use (unless all of them are innocent which I hardly belive).

Albolynx

If we are coming to legal rights then remember this one – persons with relationships with the suspect are not allowed to be a part of the investigation or defend the suspect in the court of law.
I myself, too don’t like the idea of hiding evidence but i value the fact that admins can prove they are strong enough to ignore shouts and do whats right. Still, evidence should be provided to assure the community.

Wlkr

?
¤_¤

+1 for Iller. Admins will always have evidence to ban people we all know that these “cheaters” probably will have been cheating but some of us are in denial because its a team mate or a friend. I agree that there should be evidence shown to the accused cheater and his team but i highly doubt my opinion is valued :P

Also when reading blades post i felt like i was reading a battle speech :)

Militant

If you call someone a cheater you MUST provide a proof, otherwise you’re just a damn windbag.
Cheating cases are too delicate to be judged by a limited group of people, even if they’re experienced experts in this field.

seraph

rEJ

huurrrrrr. Don’t know if it’s worth rebutting, so I’ll just call you out on one of your retarded points:

“Cheating cases are too delicate to be judged by a limited group of people, even if they’re experienced experts in this field.”

So, if cheating cases are too delicate for IMPARTIAL EXPERTS, you think the best solution is to give a rabble of people who know nothing about cheating and who have incentive to find the accused innocent equal say in the matter?

Fail.

(edit: I’m not fundamentally against *some* form of sharing of evidence)

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

As some of you might know, democracy isn’t perfect most of the time. Usually representatives are chosen, which are in this case, the admins. And would have agree with seraphs point there, usually people who have never cheated in any game are unable to track certain sorts of cheats, and thus they would just give their personal opinions of the players in question. And yes, the demos alone wouldn’t probably be enough of proof to satisfy the community, and if the admins shared their anti-cheat tools, well… Do the math.

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

Giving out raw demos to masses of people who don’t have the tools or experience to detect cheats, and who are going into it thinking “nowai he’s cheating, I’ll prove it by seeing the demo and declaring it to be clean” is as much of a waste of time as having ‘ghost hunters’ go into a house with tons of electronic gadgets that measure things that aren’t in no way related to ghosts, and declaring the house haunted.

Objective, impartial evidence trumps anecdotes and any number of peoples’ perceptions of something.

mb

keso

Just because you give us a demo of him where he’s not cheating doesn’t eliminate the fact that he cheated one time before. One time a cheater always a cheater.

caliban

fail

“I find it hard to support the admins decision until proof can be shown.”

FFS JUST GET IT!!!!! EVEN the esl,the biggest european esports league doesnt give u proof,they have a anti cheat team who looko at stuff,demos etc and then they decide

!!!! holy SHIT !!!!

even your best friends can cheat so.dont whine….i know it’s a cruel world

stay clean
bb

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »