Forum

System for setting a date must be changed!

Created 6th June 2008 @ 08:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1

HertogJanNL

As I already posted in another topic:
“I’m really really really annoyed by the fact that almost every frickin’ clan doesn’t respond, whether it be through IRC, this forum or e-mail. The system really has to change IMHO.”

The problem is, my clan (Gathering of Tweakers Team 3) puts a lot of effort in contacting our opponents, so that we can schedule a match early. Otherwise, clanmembers will probably have made other appointments. However, most clans (I guess around 95% of all clans we had to play) don’t react to e-mails, don’t respond on IRC and never seem to read these forums!

So what happens? A default date is set, often one that doesn’t suit us, and perhaps even our opponent. A few times we managed to contact an admin and have him set a date on which we can play, but this shouldn’t be the way things normally go.

That’s why I propose that clans that don’t react properly to schedule attempts be punished. Some options are:
– if there’s proof one clan put a lot of effort in it and the other clan didn’t, the first clan should be able to set the default date (chatlogs, e-mails, forum posts as evidence
– default win for clan that did put effort in it
– when one clan doesn’t react for 2-3 times: drop them from the cup/league

I’d like to know how other clans and the ETF2L organization think about this!

Mistav

A system where you could both give some dates/times that your team is available would be nice.. Then you could set the default date to one of the dates proposed instead of something completely random. (And thus make it more fair for the teams that do enter dates.)

Wlv

RaWr ::

_IF_ every team leader/WA idled in #etf2l we wouldn’t have this problem :).

Perhaps we can look at adding something to the site, maybe, as Riemu suggested on another post, a pre-match comments page (much like the results page where u can add your comment on the game..), this means you can attempt to organise games directly through the fixture and hence gives no team an excuse not to be reasonable and arrange the match.

May I add that, the default dates can be re-arranged ONCE, so long as both teams are in agreement & an Admin is notified.

Qun

GoT<3

I think ETF2L needs some functions of ESL. I like ESL, but it’s still too German.
Like Riemu said, a pre-match comment and statement will be useful. Here you can post the server and maybe a little discussion…

HertogJanNL

Yeah, nice ideas! A system to schedule dates on this site would be easy to use. And it can also be monitored by admins in case of a conflict.

@Admins: is this possible?

Wlv

Thats up-to ST8 the person who designed the site :) I’ll give him a heads-up

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Nooooo dont make the site like ESL. I think that site is awful and confusing. Personally Ive found the ETF2L sites simplicity so much better and prefer (from a team leaders point of view) the way things are done here to the way it is done in ESL, ED, CB, WP, etc.

Mumm.lu

/me signs for a prematch comment page !!!

Wlv

ESL is difficult because the site layout is AWFUL.

How about we did it this way?

Click on League > Fixtures. Find your fixture in the required week. Click a new “comments” button and away u go, nice little form to fill out :)

Not hard to use and doesnt get in the way of simplicity.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

. Some options are:
1) if there’s proof one clan put a lot of effort in it and the other clan didn’t, the first clan should be able to set the default date (chatlogs, e-mails, forum posts as evidence
2) default win for clan that did put effort in it
3) when one clan doesn’t react for 2-3 times: drop them from the cup/league

(1) A little side note:
If you can’t contact your opponent, then you should make a post in our challenge forums, and propose a date.
If the other teams does not react, the date you mentioned in your post will be looked at, and you will, under normal circumstances, get default date set for the day you suggested. It is not compeletely random. (unless none of the 2 teams does something, there is no other option then)

(2) Since a team that does actively seek to find a proper date will get it, this need not be applied. We’d rather see a match played, then a match defaulted

(3) A straight copy from our rules page:
Teams with more than three default losses will be expelled from the league for the running season.

Furthermore, Wlv’s idea sounds pretty acceptable to me ;)

HertogJanNL

Alright, hope you can make this system work!

Add A Reply Pages: 1