Forum

CC Vinland what a disgrace

Created 21st May 2013 @ 21:42

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Muerte

So confused right now.

CC decline request. Darn RQ’s. CC get default win.

Sure, these guys are prem…but why treat them any differently to Div 6? Both CC and Darn were well within their right to do what they did.
Ya’ll need to chill yo beans.

Last time I saw someone react like Darn, it was in elementary school.

WP

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

The news post where ETF2L stated that using tftrue to alter your fov is only to be allowed if both teams agree was published quite a while ago (two weeks, maybe three? not sure). Plenty of time to get familiar with 90 one would say.

[…]

No. Darn agreed with not using the higher FOV the moment his team readied up (ready-upped? :D) and started playing.

Apparently Darn expected a different level of courtesy from opponents. He was mistaken in this. If you’ve only been playing on higher fov, 90 is unplayable at first. Vinland should have realised this and used a merc, but CC should have seen the bigger picture and allowed the higher fov. Pun intended.

maidos

i wonder how winland would deal with the darn situation if all of the upcoming opponents in officials would deny him to use higher fov?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Trane

[…]
1) How is it blackmail?

2) Running a plugin is hardly the equivalent of ‘bending over backwards’.

3) If you think the actual result of a single premiership game is more important than providing the community with the ‘by-product’ of quality casts to promote the game then we have a serious difference of opinion.

4) So are you suggesting that top teams should always do whatever it takes to win? Refuse mercs, make it very difficult to schedule, insistent on playing on certain servers – all are within the rules, ‘winning’ is of paramount importance. What a great league that would be.

5) Please explain how allowing everyone to play at their desired FOV would be a handicap for anyone.

6) Not trolling.

1) Blackmail: “to attempt to influence the actions of (a person), esp by unfair pressure or threats” Darn threatened to leave the game if his demands were not met.

2) A colourful exaggerated metaphor to encapsulate the strong feelings many have about playing by the rules.

3) Maybe you “play” TF2, but I compete! My main drive is to better myself through competition. As it turns out watching other humans push themselves is quite entertaining. As a spectator or caster you have invested nothing more than the 90 minutes you set aside to watch the game, but as competitors they have invested countless hours in a strive for perfection. We can absolutely disagree on this, but perhaps it is a matter of perspective as opposed to justice.

4) Absolutely. The community can’t decry the lack of professionalism in the Prem and then complain when rules are enforced?

5) Is your problem here with the ETF2L rules or perhaps Valve’s implementation of FOV? The default cap for fov_desired 90. By agreement teams can increase this using TFTrue. There was no agreement.

I assume the majority of Prem players would prefer to play with a higher FOV, but with the fall of Open Plugin the ability has been taken away from the clients.

So now you are faced with a choice: Do you pub/DM/MGE in one FOV and play PCWs/officials in another?

For the sake of consistency it seems most people have sacrificed their dreams of higher FOVs, because for them it is challenging to constantly adjust between different FOVs.

So if cc// choose to enable the higher FOV cap having not practised with it for weeks they are putting themselves at a disadvantage. They will either stay with 90 and have a lesser FOV than their opponents or be put in to a situation where they have not re-adjusted to the higher FOV. Ergo they will be handicapped.

6) Shame! That might be a good get out clause for later.

Last edited by Admirable,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

CC did nothing wrong tonight.

The rule is in place so that if you have two teams that want to use higher FOVs, they can allow each other to do so. This is pretty much the same with anything in this league. I’m sure ETF2L wouldn’t bitch at anyone if two teams both decided to allow each other to use the quick fix, or even 4 scouts. As long as both teams agree, it probably doesn’t matter as it doesn’t effect anyone else in the league and both teams get to play the game they want to.

But in this case, CC didn’t agree, so simply put, that should be the end of it.

To put it into perspective. Imagine that my old team, Monster Munch, were playing against Crack Clan. I want to use the force of nature as an unlock, so I asked Crack Clan if we can use it. Because they don’t use it themselves… they say no. They don’t enjoy playing with it, they don’t want to play against it, so for what reason would they want to give us that ‘advantage’? (it would be an advantage because I’m better with FaN than scattergun). I shouldn’t then complain that they didn’t allow our team to ‘change the rules’ of the league, even though that’s personally what I want.

It’s pretty much the exact same thing here. FoV does give an advantage, because it gives you a wider field of view. If your own players do not use the increased FoV, why would you want to hinder the effectiveness of your scout flanks, or spy plays? Sure, if both team want to use a higher FoV, then great, you get the game you both want to play, but you can’t act like Darn did tonight.

Anyway, most of my opinions can be heard on the VTV vod of this game. Not sure if we should delete it though, and just pretend this never happened…

And Darn, you’re awesome, but this was a bit shit dude. Not the end of the world…. but just; a bit shit.

Last edited by AcidReniX,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

delete

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from AcidReniX

… I’m sure ETF2L wouldn’t bitch at anyone if two teams both decided to allow each other to use the quick fix, or even 4 scouts. As long as both teams agree, it probably doesn’t matter as it doesn’t effect anyone else in the league and both teams get to play the game they want to.

Please do not try this :D You are only allowed to modify the terms where it is explicitely mentioned that you are allowe to (mercs, pauses, higher fov).

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from AcidReniX

The rule is in place so that if you have two teams that want to use higher FOVs, they can allow each other to do so. This is pretty much the same with anything in this league. I’m sure ETF2L wouldn’t bitch at anyone if two teams both decided to allow each other to use the quick fix, or even 4 scouts. As long as both teams agree, it probably doesn’t matter as it doesn’t effect anyone else in the league and both teams get to play the game they want to.

That’s only half correct.

When you play a match with “unusual settings”, such as: 4 scouts, quickfix, 4v4 or 7v7 and so on, you are violating the rule that mandates using league settings.

This lets admins exercise their own discretion in what to do with your match result. Depending on the violation, your match result may get nullified and one or both teams may get warnings.

The TFTrue FOV rule states that if both teams agree to using higher fovs from TFTrue, we will not consider their match to have been played with “unusual settings”. It also protects the players involved from being banned for cheating, as you cannot “legally” achieve a high FOV in any other way.

The rule does not, and is not supposed to guarantee or encourage use of higher FOV in any ETF2L matches. It serves to protect those matches where both teams agreed to play with high FOV.

If you want to be safe, contact your future opponents and make them agree to use TFtrue on the match page. Or don’t play with a higher FOV at all.

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Acidrenix post made me think of that time skeej and his minions played an official with 3 mercs or something, league did not approve :D

Mr. iLevi

KRM
RH

1) People are talking about CC not caring about the viewers, but what about Darn, and even the whole vinland team? CC have proven that they DO care by talking to viewers afterwards, etc. Vinland should’ve either played with a merc, or Darn should’ve just kept playing.

2) There is/was no gentleman’s agreement, therefore, none of the teams broke an agreement. There was never an informal agreement about the FOV setting, AFAIK. The rules are pretty clear about this, and Crack Clan were in their right to enforce this rule.

IMO, crack clan did well not to give in to Darn. I myself wouldn’t have taken his threats seriously in the first place anyway, and I don’t think CC did either, which makes sense. You expect some decency from somebody playing at the highest level of the biggest TF2 league, especially towards the viewers and the people working so hard to keep competitive tf2 alive.

AnimaL

summary – etf2l fucked up again, yay

you think im wrong? well, think about it – if etf2l would actually come out and ban it then either darn wouldnt be playing the game or gone back to using custom resolution and we wouldnt get any drama…

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Ipz & Saemzi vs Darn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiMjX-dfxqw

HBFS

YUGO

They were afraid of Darn using higher fov, sure… Even with Darn using an aimbot, the game would finish in favor of Crack Clan. But no, they have to be dicks. This is 100% childisch behavior of CC.

kaidus

WiK?

The blame being aimed at CC is kinda misguided, but not altogether unjustified in my opinion. No one can say that what they did was wrong, but it’s not the action you would expect of a team that claims to be all about the community. At the end of the day winning is more important to them and that’s fine, if you asked them that I’m sure they’d tell you that straight up. People are just having teething issues with with this reality making itself apparent tonight, as their vast work on the community front gives a different impression.

It’s the same as with the broder fundraiser.. At the end of the day they don’t care enough about TF2/i49 to make financial sacrifices and pay their own way. They aren’t doing anything wrong by asking for money, but it reveals that the “community favourite” don’t have quite as much invested in this game as people would like to believe. It’s an opposite scenario to the darn/CC fiasco, but is just another example of how disillusionment can cause blame to be misplaced.

Also to add: I think it’s a complete and utter joke if ETF2L don’t dish out a proper punishment for this. They tend to take a middle ground approach to anything that requires some kind of critical judgement, some sort of compromise that doesn’t make anyone REALLY mad but instead so I’m sure they’ll throw up a news post to the effect of “if anyone ever does this again there’s going to be big trouble! This time it won’t be punished because we didn’t explicitly state in the rules that you aren’t allowed to be a massive cunt and waste 500 peoples time!”.

Last edited by kaidus,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »