Forum

Good, bad or indifferent?

Created 20th February 2013 @ 14:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Here we are half way through the season and i’m interested in what people think of the unlocks now we’ve all had a few officials and pcw’s using them.

Tell the world what you think has made this a better game or what you detest with a passion.

Fodi

Being a medic I dont find gunboots as bothering as previously expected. The rest is fine aswell, matches seem to be more fast paced. Im happy with them overall.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Indifferent. Boston Basher is probably biggest pro due to the faster uberloading with scouts. I eat monkeybrains with curry.

I like them, changed our games a bit. Faster games, Scout(s) staying closer to me when needed, roamers much faster but also quite limited in firepower and idiotic pain train demos that back-cap.

I love it.

Netsky

Boston basher is fine – grants some more mobility & help with building that über

Escape plan … well my soldiers like it. Obviously.
Gunboats, as a medic they are not THAT troublesome but you do notice a huge difference if a soldier got gunboats equipped while jumping you.

Overdose: barely seen one, I don’t use it

pain train. I don’t really know. Some great back caps / ninja caps with it for both sides.

All in all – I’d say good.

Last edited by Netsky,

ondkaja

IKEA

I actually prefer Vanilla now that I’ve tested with unlocks, much more fun :D

huhystah

happy

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Changed the dynamic a bit from what I gathered, I find the change to have positively impacted the gameplay.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Very positive experience. And I was all up for sticking with vanilla but all the unlocks are pretty much upgrades that just make the game quicker and enables more.

The Gunboats really do limit yourself in other aspects whilst boosting you in others making it feel like a different class and diversity in a class based game is good!

The one I possibly object to is the impact of the pain train. I don’t really like the idea of a class base shooter where classes share a lot of their unique traits. Also it encourages a lot of “Luck”-caps or back-caps which are pretty lame and shouldn’t be given further encouragement. It’s not super popular so I don’t give much of a far cry to ban it but I think everyone would be better off without it.

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from TurboTabs

The one I possibly object to is the impact of the pain train. I don’t really like the idea of a class base shooter where classes share a lot of their unique traits. Also it encourages a lot of “Luck”-caps or back-caps which are pretty lame and shouldn’t be given further encouragement. It’s not super popular so I don’t give much of a far cry to ban it but I think everyone would be better off without it.

just because you sucked at backcapping

Kvux

/./
LEGO

The unlocks are fine, keep them like this. But perhaps remove the overdose, nobody uses that shit(From what I’ve seen).
Also, them blackcaps with pain train

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I only really use pain mainly [because demo] but it’s e-z mode using it. Fuck waiting for those scouts to stop pissing around and get on point, I can do it all! Enjoying that because I can abuse it, probably.

The gunboats have been meh. Some i’ve not really noticed, apart from occasional ‘WHY SO MUCH HEALTH LEFT?’ but I have run into a few absolutely stupid soldiers who are just jumping, jumping and jumping. It’s an annoyance more than anything, because they haven’t been very useful at all in doing that – so not exactly game breaking. Doesn’t make it that much fun though.

Few of the Gambles on last: “shit, I don’t have a shotgun” moments. GG :D

Boston Basher is cool.

Escape plan, ehhh. I don’t think it’s added anything good for the game but whatever.

Somewhat indifferent really; it’s not been particularly bad anyway. Didn’t have a massive opinion in the first place. I just turn up and play and that’s about it, whatever is happening.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I liked Vanilla but Mannilla is great too. I think some of the unlocks should get some tiny nerfs to make the dynamic between all the loadouts perfect, but we don’t live in a perfect world and Valve will keep the stats on these items as is, and that’s completely fine.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Kvux

The unlocks are fine, keep them like this. But perhaps remove the overdose, nobody uses that shit(From what I’ve seen).
Also, them blackcaps with pain train

I’ve seen some people use it.
No need to ban it imho if noone uses it then, just leave it open

crouton

LEGO

Escape Plan is still silly.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »