The future of ETF2L

Created 4th August 2012 @ 21:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 12 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Pricee

tf2 will die

That’s an improvement.

This discussion goes nowhere and no conclusion healthy for the majority can be made. Stop asking questions that call for stupid, if not moronic, answers – if you think the game is about to die and your anxiety kills all the enjoyment you could drain from it, then do what else you want to do and enjoy your life without it. ETF2L is going to operate as long as CanFo and Crasp will remain certain that continuing the invaluable job they are doing for the community is how they want to be spending their free time.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Pricee

tf2 will die

Wow, that is uncharacteristically emo for you Pricee :((

TF2 will probably occupy the same space it does now, maybe a bit bigger, probably a bit smaller. I dont honestly see us getting huge like CS, with MLG events and huge LAN prizes, its just not a reasonable expectation at this point I dont think. TF2 will die the same, slow, lingering death that many shooters did before it, ours will just be longer and slower because we grew bigger than most.

Quoted from Homer J.

[…]

ETF2L is too conservative, thats one reason why many people are leaving the competitive scene, it’s getting boring.

USA > EU

Hope we’re gonna see some unlocks next season.

Quoted from envy

[…]

So much elitism. If people will prefer to play HL or 6v6 with unlocks, let it be. No reason to be a dick about things you personally don’t like.

I wasn’t trying to be a dick, maybe it was just poor wording. Do we really need to change a concept that is working? The game is finally fairly balanced with these restrictions. It’s a bit like suddenly adding and allowing new weapons in Quake.

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

This discussion goes nowhere and no conclusion healthy for the majority can be made. Stop asking questions that call for stupid, if not moronic, answers – if you think the game is about to die and your anxiety kills all the enjoyment you could drain from it, then do what else you want to do and enjoy your life without it. ETF2L is going to operate as long as CanFo and Crasp will remain certain that continuing the invaluable job they are doing for the community is how they want to be spending their free time.

This thread isn’t about coming with some conclusion, it’s just speculating about the future.

Last edited by .,

ondkaja

IKEA

By season 13, class restrictions will be altered so that the only off-class allowed is one sniper. The only class that is allowed to off-class is scout. This is to make the game less random, and so people don’t off-class because they suck at their primary class.

This will be eliminated in season 14 when the class restrictions will allow no off-classing at all. The sniper could apparently bodyshot, which requires no skill. Because Valve hasn’t fixed this, ETF2L decided to simply ban the sniper.

By season 15, original will be banned along with the primary medic unlocks, to increase skill, as unlocks make the game easier. This also eliminates the need of discussion, as you simply ban every weapon without considering its balance in the game. Who needs discussion anyway?

By season 16, the map pool will be edited to only include cp_badlands. A football pitch always stays the same, and the same principle should apply to TF2, right?

IPZIE

SUAVE

edit : suck tits

Last edited by IPZIE,

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from ondkaja

By season 13, class restrictions will be altered so that the only off-class allowed is one sniper. The only class that is allowed to off-class is scout. This is to make the game less random, and so people don’t off-class because they suck at their primary class.

This will be eliminated in season 14 when the class restrictions will allow no off-classing at all. The sniper could apparently bodyshot, which requires no skill. Because Valve hasn’t fixed this, ETF2L decided to simply ban the sniper.

By season 15, original will be banned along with the primary medic unlocks, to increase skill, as unlocks make the game easier. This also eliminates the need of discussion, as you simply ban every weapon without considering its balance in the game. Who needs discussion anyway?

By season 16, the map pool will be edited to only include cp_badlands. A football pitch always stays the same, and the same principle should apply to TF2, right?

+1.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Sylosin

[…]
You’re a minority. Stop pretending that you’re not.

AHAHAHAHAHAA

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Hopefully in a few years time all the people whining about unlocks, highlander and TF2 dying will have fucked off so we can concentrate on getting bigger.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

ups

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
That’s an improvement.

Well said.

The truth is that you yourself decide when you are fed-up with the game and the game is dead (read ‘boring’) for you personally. Nobody is going to follow you up on that personal choice you’ve made, so you might as well stop saying ‘tf2 is dead’ because it is very much alive for other players.

It’s ironic that I of all people say this, freshmeat should know if he remembers our and fake’s mumble conversation a while ago where I believe I said the phrase ‘tf2 is dead’ about a thousand times. (:

Last edited by ups,

Quoted from ondkaja

Is it wrong that this actually sounds good?

ThePledge

I will try to write an VanillaTF2 article about this forum topic with my insights as well over the next week. Please feel free to keep discussing stuff as I feel this could be an interesting one.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Is it wrong that this actually sounds good?

Yes, no offclassing, no medic unlocks and only badlands would be fine for about 1 map. 4x badlands per night would be awful.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Can admins do a search string in all forum posts “TF2 is dead” as i think the first time that was said here was like 3 years ago, look where we are now. With Valve updating TF2 and it being free to play this game won’t die for quite some time. As long as the the admins here continue to do a good job and give up their time, the guys over at VTV remain dedicated and produce quality stuff i’m sure we’ll be fine.

Sure top players will go, thats natural but theres plenty of people to take their place, its irrelevant how good they are in comparision as long as there i still people here to replace them.

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from ThePledge

I will try to write an VanillaTF2 article about this forum topic with my insights as well over the next week. Please feel free to keep discussing stuff as I feel this could be an interesting one.

Aslong as it won’t be utterly pessimistic and demotivating go ahead.

I expect tf2 to be about the same as it is now, was kind of suprised by the comments on the MLG thing aswell, people seem to enjoy watching it and might want to get into it themselves.

The big problem of the scene is that a talented pubber has no chance to find an entry point into the competitive scene. Unlocks aren’t important. I fear people are discussing the wrong problem all the time :/

Some time ago CanFo asked on a german Fansite If pubbers would play competitively if they could – as well as the unlock question. Find a way to involve newer players! That’s how we manage to “survive”. Unlocks are details!

For example. There are so many people with barely no contacts looking for their very first competitive team in the recruitment area. Why not add them and ask for some mixes? 30 minutes for a good thing. :)

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 12 Next »