Forum

The future of ETF2L

Created 4th August 2012 @ 21:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »

Stuppa

.Dicknitas

Well more players more trolls, thats clear but It doesn’t mean EVERY cod/cs player is a retard…

no :) ?

Rust

SOAS

“I know not with what weapons ETF2L 2013 will be fought with, but ETF2L 2014 will be fought with lazers and shit like that.”

-Albert Einstein

Stuppa

.Dicknitas

lol made my day

iZon

LEGO
LEGO

http://images.tbd.com/entertainment/gallagher-promo_296.jpg

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Reading back on this discussion on prem players on the admin team, look at the admin team from 2007/2008, not counting the ones who lasted only 1 month or so or never were really active as admin. (keep in mind no prem existed):

– dAyKiLLeR (div 1-2) <- The boss-man, kept us all in line.
– Riemu (div 1) <- From before my time, but still worth mentioning. Deserted to ESL.
– Haunter (div 1) <;- who doesn't know Haunter?
– weqo (div 1) <- the top of the top players, also a great admin
– shifty (div 1) <- forever inactive
– Mole (div 2) <- yes, the same from iseries, awesome, awesome admin :)
– DeNeusbeer (div 3/4) <- lol, low level noob :P
– Wlv (div 1) <- really smart guy
– DrG (div 1-2) <- funniest Spanish guy, couldn't speak more than 2 words of english, but was still helpfull.
– mihalch (div 2) <- crazy russian
– mvp (div 1) <- we were actually reluctantly to let him join because of his reputation, but he turned out all right!
– Winneh (div 2-3) <- anti-cheat extraordinaire
– Netsky (div 4) <- still around, such dedication!
– Macewindu <- some people will get it, for the rest of you: ignore him.

Hmm, some great memories there :)

Anyway, we used to have loads of high level players, where did it go wrong? ;)

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

IPZIE

SUAVE

our last headadmin beeing away for month :|

Koala

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

Reading back on this discussion on prem players on the admin team, look at the admin team from 2007/2008

Past is past. Most of admins are now from lower divisions and that’s very bad no matter from what angle you look at it.

And as to topic, EU competitive tf2 will get smaller and smaller(yeah i43 will bring some new people but after the big season after that doubt it’s gonna keep to get bigger), unless someone makes a new league or a major league decides they want a TF2 season as well. Cuz a lot of people aren’t enjoying some things in etf2l, you saw what happened with prem teams when ESL opened their TF2 scene, and people want to be like prem teams, therefore, they follow them. However, that would require very good prizes and ruleset which wouldn’t be completely made by admins. Cuz atm people whine a lot about ruleset, which is very bad. At least if it’s higher div people who do that, wouldn’t matter if it would be guy who has just switched from highlander, but unfortunately it’s a lot of higher div people that disagree to rulesets. So I’d suggest to just invite loads of higher div people to discuss stuff and remember that rules are made for league to be fun, that being said, if people are starting to whine about a specific rule, consider to cancel it, update it, or make some exceptions if no one is against it.

Last edited by Koala,

Skyride

DUCS

Oh god, MaceWindu :D

All of those guys quit the game so long ago. Like take for example Riemu. He was the best heavy in Europe back when it was standard to run a heavy full time as opposed to a second soldier, and quit TF2 when having 2 sols became standard as he didn’t want to play another class.

Daykiller was the league’s original founder, we’re talking very nearly 5 years ago, the last time he did anything was probably about 3 years ago.

Mvp is really the only person there of actually recent times.

Last edited by Skyride,

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Skyride

Mvp is really the only person there of actually recent times.

Haunter is the most recently active of that list.

irfx

EPA

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

– mihalch (div 2) <- crazy russian

He is not crazy at all. Though he has (or had couple of years ago) a crazy old woman neighbor who smashed his door with an axe cause she thought that he made a lot of noise. Cool story, but I saw the door. Dunno where mihalch and that oldma are now.

konr

Quoted from Shintaz

I imagine that in the future, ETF2L will be worth around 3.5 billion dollars. Crasp will realise this eventually and have a heart attack, putting him into hospital for a good period of time and leaving it to public vote as to who should take over the site. Here’s how it’ll go down:

dunc, seeing how much it’s worth, will apply (out of greed). He will recieve a grand total of 0 votes (he tried to vote for himself but missed, voting for this next applicant)

eXtine and the folks at eXtv will try to take it over to truly enhance the competitive scene further (even though it’s already worth 3.5 billion). They make 10 extravision episodes in the space of a week to increase their chances of winning. Every 5th second, eXtine shouts “YAAAAOOOOO” and every 10th second, shdwpuppet says, in a rather innocent and pathetic voice: “ooh yay etf2l yaaayy”. They will scrape second.

Evil will apply, seeing this as his final chance to truly kill TF2 by selling the site to EA. He will come second to last, only recieving few (ironic) votes.

Many randoms will sign up just for the sake of trying to be head admin of a site worth 3.5 billion. They get few circlejerk votes, but they’re obviously not going to win.

The winner will be none other than our very own Fisshu. He signs up in a stoned state, not knowing what the fuck he was signing up for and eventually wins. He makes massive changes to ETF2L, dropping it’s value to less than what it is worth today. The TF2 scene ends not with a bang, but with a fizzle.

+1 can’t argue with the logic here

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Koala

[…]
Past is past. Most of admins are now from lower divisions and that’s very bad no matter from what angle you look at it.

ETF2L would not need a single prem admin, if prem players actually provided feedback, which they have proven extremely unwilling to do. Until they do, one or five prem admins on staff will not change a thing. Not to mention that prem players not volunteering for staff is hardly ETF2L’s fault.

“Serious” leagues are run for profit and have paid staff. Their rulesets are in fact entirely designed by admins, who listen to feedback only as much as it takes to keep teams playing. They are not democracies and I have no idea where people get the misconception that they would have more voice in a paid business than they have with volunteers genuinely interested in helping the scene. ESL had a long-term plan of establishing a TF2 league that would function as a business, but it was the same prem teams calling for a “professional league” who eventually destroyed it.

We’ve created a new channel for feedback via the Idea Box. This is the first time ETF2L has openly invited people to get involved with shaping the league on such a scale, more open than it has ever been. Any player in the league who does not provide feedback on the new forums, whether div6 or prem, will have nobody but themselves to blame.

It’s time we start calling things by their names. Forum rants are naught but wind. When you want change, you must take action – propose change in a constructive manner(feedback) or volunteer to make change happen(join staff). Doing nothing accomplishes nothing.

Last edited by emb,

AnimaL

emb, the utter bullshit u just wrote is incredible, i applaud to ur ability to live on some shiny cloud and have such ignorant and wicked view on all this… too bad its not related at all to whats happening here atm (or has happened to tf2)

Last edited by AnimaL,

konr

Quoted from AnimaL

emb, the utter bullshit u just wrote is incredible, i applaud to ur ability to live on some shiny cloud and have such ignorant and wicked view on all this… too bad its not related at all to whats happening here atm (or has happened to tf2)

That’s a bit harsh, however I do think that you would have more say in what happens in a payed league because you’re paying for it. Like, obviously. If someone gives you something as a gift they’re not going to replace it or take feedback on said thing if it breaks/you don’t like it. If you bought it from them on a contract kind of payment (pay to get in league, play league, league ends and repeat is what i’m going for) plan you would actually be listened to, because that person would want you to come back and pay again.

The customer is always right does not apply to someone that isn’t paying.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from konr

[…]That’s a bit harsh, however I do think that you would have more say in what happens in a payed league because you’re paying for it. Like, obviously. If someone gives you something as a gift they’re not going to replace it or take feedback on said thing if it breaks/you don’t like it. If you bought it from them on a contract kind of payment (pay to get in league, play league, league ends and repeat is what i’m going for) plan you would actually be listened to, because that person would want you to come back and pay again.

Let’s use ESEA as an example.

ESEA is business in every sense of the word, an MGO that runs leagues for profit. Playing in an ESEA season costs 20$ for Premium and 5$ to join a league.

All ESEA players are customers, and their money is distributed between prize pools, technical expenses(supporting and developing their platform) and staff wages, with the rest being company profit.

ESEA holds a global map vote for 2 maps each season, and an unlocks vote where Invite captains vote for every unlock in the league. Occasionally they call for feedback on specific issues(such as bugs in new features). That’s pretty much where player involvement with league rules ends.

They have a public suggestion board, but it does not seem to be read nor moderated by staff. Take a look at their feedback board and ours, and compare readability and staff responses.

Any admin-related issues(and feedback?) are submitted via their ticket system. Once a ticket is closed, you may not reopen or resubmit the same issue. ESEA admins are rumored to close some tickets with a simple “No.” Discussing contents of support tickets in public is a bannable offense – if you’re not happy with an admin decision, deal with it. Attacking and especially insulting staff is also a bannable offense.

Besides mapvotes, only invites – 11% of paying customers – have any influence on how the league is run. From what one can see, a very limited influence.

Oh, and despite the hype around S11 finals, unprecedented coverage by eXTV and the highest prize pool yet, ESEA experienced a 38% decline in signups for Season 12. Make of that what you will.

Quoted from konr

The customer is always right does not apply to someone that isn’t paying.

We should definitely add that to the top of our rules list.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »