Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 28 Next »

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from Bighomer

How about:
Start with a big cup where unlocks are allowed. The goal would be one unlock per slot for each class (Bonk, Boston Basher, Gunboats, ambassador,…) The unlocks itself should be picked very carefully, weapons like the GRU, FaN or degreaser could change the way the class is played in 6s right now too much. The unlocks should just give a little bit of a variation. Class Limits stay the same, the standart line-up for everyone should stay the same. The maps played should be versatile, like badlands, granary, gravel, ashville, turbine, etc

If the cup succeeds, make the next season like the cup, as an off-season. You can still run 2 old-school seasons per year, +the off-season for everyone who gets tired of the same maps, same weapons, strats, etc.

Won’t happen anyway but would make me very happy :>

It’s a nice idea. I remember the ETF2L cup used to be an awesome feature. It had no seedings, and was a bit like the FA cup. It gave bad teams a chance to play against the best and see how they do. The problem with cups, is that they are short, and people want to win it. Often teams just stick to what they know, as there isn’t time to practice and get better with certain weapons. If you truely want to test unlocks, it would have to be a season or ladder format. Ladder is probably the more logical step to take, as you wouldn’t really want to pull teams away from the existing 6v6 league.

I said before, I wouldn’t mind having a big community vote, on a single unlock, for each class, to be allowed in the regular season, and have this vote every season. I guess the teams that want to play vanilla, can just vote for the worst, most insignificant unlock for each class, but at least it gives the community a voice, and something good might come of it.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Can’t we just meet somewhere in the middle? Class limit 1 feels like too drastic a change to come ploughing in with.

How about we make it viable for teams to run other classes by ‘simply’ allowing an item or two for those classes.

Offer up more choices that can work. This might then mean the ‘core’ classes may need an item each as well to balance it out, but surely all these bright young minds around here could solve a simple little maths and physics problem like that right?

Edit: Like the idea of a ladder to test whatever appears to be the best option after all this discussion.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Darkdwarf

[MvP]

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]
Heavy would probably feature most of the time yeah, but the last class probably isn’t going to be just a sniper. Pyros and spies would feature quite prominently, and if unlocks were allowed, you might find mini sentries incredibly useful. The great thing about this setup, is that you have a utililty player… a full time off class that can swing the traditional fights. There’s no room for this player in the regular 6v6 game except for very specific scenarios. Spy and sniper play often gets the loudest cheers at events, because it’s entertaining to watch, and both need a high level of skill to be effective. I think it would be a good thing!

The reason spy and sniper plays are entertaining is they’re rare, if we had a lot more backstabs, they wouldn’t be as cool.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

So we went from American unlocks are cool to: lets allow gunslinger and GRU?

Monkeh

Gunslinger would need engy limit 1 to even be considered. Don’t need 4 mini sentries at mid to deal with. GRU is never gonna work and changes the heavies core attributes too much.

See, discussion is good :D

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Monkeh

Gunslinger would need engy limit 1 to even be considered. Don’t need 4 mini sentries at mid to deal with. GRU is never gonna work and changes the heavies core attributes too much.

See, discussion is good :D

You know my feelings on discussion over action. On that note are the NE servers and mumble still available for newbie mixes, got a few more people interested and want to get some more over weekend, but servers and mumble are an issue.

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

You know my feelings on discussion over action.

I think most of us do by now, and i do agree, honestly.
However most of us posting in this thread are in no position to take action and start a ladder/cup or to just make a poll on the etf2l main page.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Missed the point. Discussing unlocks on forums does fuck all. Ask the admin, then leave it. Lets a committee decide or something.

In the mean fucking time, do something else, if you are at a loss of things to do add me.

Here is a quick list:

Get involved with pub communties, suggest a 6v6 cup for their community.

Advertise everywhere, etf2l and newbie mixes.

Make promotional posters or articles.

Contact VTV to see if u can help out with stuff.

and so on.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I’m just here to discuss unlocks and the idea of an unlock panel. I don’t even play for a team in 6v6 TF2 at the moment. A discussion itself will have no action, but you do get the views of other people in the community, and in my case, they are often something I’ve overlooked, or haven’t thought about. It’s enjoyable for me to think about this kind of stuff :).

Those who don’t want to discuss, can just, never click on this thread again. Everyone is happy ^__^

Monkeh

Quoted from CrashSite

On that note are the NE servers and mumble still available for newbie mixes, got a few more people interested and want to get some more over weekend, but servers and mumble are an issue.

Mumble is always available, pretty sure we can fire a server or two up as well. Might not be around tonight, at least not till later, feel free to ask in irc if anyone there can help.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from AcidReniX

I’m just here to discuss unlocks and the idea of an unlock panel. I don’t even play for a team in 6v6 TF2 at the moment. A discussion itself will have no action, but you do get the views of other people in the community, and in my case, they are often something I’ve overlooked, or haven’t thought about. It’s enjoyable for me to think about this kind of stuff :).

Those who don’t want to discuss, can just, never click on this thread again. Everyone is happy ^__^

I know, I used to love discussion, I pick the opposite side to the main argument just to prolong it. But I have just grown bored of it, bored with the lack of action. So now when I see others discussing things, especially when the claim comes up it will help the scene, I just get angry. It is unfair I know, hypocritical of my past self, but I feel people need to be reminded.

So Arx, I hope you will understand why I can’t simple leave threads alone, even where the discussion is just that, discussion.

Also cheers Monkeh, will talk to you tomorrow at some fucked up time.

Last edited by CrashSite,

frymaster

Quoted from Monkeh

Can’t we just meet somewhere in the middle? Class limit 1 feels like too drastic a change to come ploughing in with.

How about we make it viable for teams to run other classes by ‘simply’ allowing an item or two for those classes.

seems cool to me. No need to force people to run different tactics and classes, just need to make them available to other people.

Kaneco

Quoted from Monkeh

Offer up more choices that can work. This might then mean the ‘core’ classes may need an item each as well to balance it out, but surely all these bright young minds around here could solve a simple little maths and physics problem like that right?.

Exactly, the reason offclassing is not as efficient and used is probably because most items for those utility classes are banned. I would love to be able to use degreaser on 6vs6, it really is a good and balanced weapon, even better after the update, the pyro as it is for example is simply a bait waiting to be killed, at least for me that have grown used to running the degreaser, but I’m sure some people would continue to use the default flamethrower as it’s their preference, but at the end of the day everyone is happy and having fun if we can use the items we like.

I know a friend that’s a beast spy, he really mains spy and has hundreds of hours, he simply runs scout because he has the ability or opportunity to offclass more often in 6s, but I’m sure he would love to have an ambassador for some clutch plays, and at the end of the day it really is a weapon that rewards skill over anything.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Exactly, the reason offclassing is not as efficient and used is probably because most items for those utility classes are banned. I would love to be able to use degreaser on 6vs6, it really is a good and balanced weapon, even better after the update, the pyro as it is for example is simply a bait waiting to be killed, at least for me that have grown used to running the degreaser, but I’m sure some people would continue to use the default flamethrower as it’s their preference, but at the end of the day everyone is happy and having fun if we can use the items we like.

How does 65% increased weapon switch time make pyro more viable for mid fights than he is currently with a normal flamethrower? Degreaser does less damage (with fire?), but allows you to shotgun/flaregun faster, I don’t see how that improves the pyro’s viability as a class in 6v6?

Quoted from Monkeh

Edit: Like the idea of a ladder to test whatever appears to be the best option after all this discussion.

Genuine question (not just related to this, I suppose you could stretch it to all cups/tournaments/ladders people are planning to use to test unlock rules) what will be done when turnout is less than anticipated/expected for these?

Last edited by herpderp,

Monkeh

Quoted from CrashSite

Also cheers Monkeh, will talk to you tomorrow at some fucked up time.

你當你死了,我可以睡?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 28 Next »