ORACLE

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]

Item A counters Item B.
Item B counters Item C.
Item C counters Item A.

Rock paper scisors. Luckier one wins.

I’m sorry but that doesn’t make sense whatsoever
for example, what counters the boston basher or the flaregun?

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Kaneco

I am not saying that either, I’m saying is one of the reasons not the main one.

Of course unlock restrictions are going to be one of the reasons putting people off of joining, I don’t think anyone has (or would be stupid to) suggest otherwise. The problem is that it’s impossible to make everyone happy because different people have incompatible preferences; were certain unlocks to be allowed, I’m sure at least some of the posts would be “I don’t want to play against unlock x, it’s so OP/frustrating”.

You also seem to be presenting the replies of the people in that thread in a biased manner. From what I’ve read, there are several people who have cited unlocks as the sole reason for their disinterest in competitive tf2. Of course, many of these people what with it being SPUF may be american, so immediately we cannot take this as “vanilla tf2 is bad” (although that certainly would also be their view). Most people however use the term “restrictions” which is a lot more comprehensive than just unlocks. Exactly how far do you wish to go to accommodate these people? Some won’t be happy unless all unlocks are allowed, others won’t be happy unless you remove restrictions on typical classes/class limits/maps or even the format (6v6).

That is of course only those people, that at a rough guess do not even make up the majority (at least of the people who seem to show an interest in playing competitive tf2 closer to what we currently play). The majority are infact people who seem to have misconceptions about the skill required to join and the people in the competitive scene. If you really want to help competitive tf2 grow Kaneco, stop wasting time in this thread trying to convince people that unlocks are the saviour of tf2 and contact CrashSite and do some work for the newbie mix. It will do a lot more good.

AnimaL

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

I’m sorry but that doesn’t make sense whatsoever
for example, what counters the boston basher or the flaregun?

it would make sense if you would be here 2 years ago

tho vali seems ok with repeating same thing for years now so, whatevs, wait for vali to come and explain how having multiple meta game changing unlocks make game random and completely dependent on guesswork to what unlocks you want to use to counter x unlocks (something like kritz vs normal uber, but times 100)

ur mentioning some that dont change much, so why bother to allow them if they dont matter? considering it would end up with “why is x allowed and y isnt, its as shit as x u silly”

Last edited by AnimaL,

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]it would make sense if you would be here 2 years ago

tho vali seems ok with repeating same thing for years now so, whatevs, wait for vali to come and explain how having multiple meta game changing unlocks make game random and completely dependent on guesswork to what unlocks you want to use to counter x unlocks (something like kritz vs normal uber, but times 100)

ur mentioning some that dont change much, so why bother to allow them if they dont matter? considering it would end up with “why is x allowed and y isnt, its as shit as x u silly”

Now you’re just saying irrelevant stuff, he mentioned “hurr durr item a counters b” I gave a conuter example proving its NOT true.

Also most of the unlocks don’t have “counters” whatsoever, there will barely ever be a situation where a team wins over another team just because they had unlock B that counters unlock C, and just because they were “lucky”.

AnimaL

? How about having 450hp heavy on middle before soldiers get there? or sentry that has like 500hp? or spy that has like 1000hp because of dead ringer? You think that might not change the outcome? or you never played 6v6 with unlocks before?

Last edited by AnimaL,

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from AnimaL

? How about having 450hp heavy on middle before soldiers get there? or sentry that has like 500hp? or spy that has like 1000hp because of dead ringer? You think that might not change the outcome? or you never played this game with unlocks before?

Where did I say “unlocks won’t change the outcome”?

AnimaL

?

“there will barely ever be a situation where a team wins over another team just because they had unlock B”

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from AnimaL

?

“there will barely ever be a situation where a team wins over another team just because they had unlock B”

Actually I said “they had unlock B that counters unlock C”
which is different

AnimaL

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

Actually I said “they had unlock B that counters unlock C”
which is different

its not when u can change ur class to counter it…………..

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from AnimaL

? How about having 450hp heavy on middle before soldiers get there? or sentry that has like 500hp? or spy that has like 1000hp because of dead ringer? You think that might not change the outcome? or you never played 6v6 with unlocks before?

Using Yank unlock rules will avoid all of these situations. They have played with unlocks before…and currently.

We can find a nice set of unlocks that allow variety without causing any massive imbalance or guessing game. Hmm, I wonder if they’ll have a gunboats solly? Oh yeah…for the millionth mid in a row we’ve guessed right! We’re amazing.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Majority of the time you’ll be more useful as almost any other class than Spy no matter how much you try distracting them.

Well, naturally. He is a support class after all.

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

That was a very selective post. You didn’t read it at all just reacted to “spies are dumb.”

Not true. I picked out your “summary” and replied to the rest by mentioning that competitive gaming isn’t aimed at complete newbies – i. e. the Spies at the bottom of the scoreboard. Maybe they are not very smart in that they don’t see they are hurting their team by not playing another class. But then again those are not the ones you want for competitive play and they don’t represent all the Spies, which makes your overgeneralisation counterproductive.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Monkeh

We can find a nice set of unlocks that allow variety without causing any massive imbalance or guessing game. Hmm, I wonder if they’ll have a gunboats solly? Oh yeah…for the millionth mid in a row we’ve guessed right! We’re amazing.

Quick question: how is that more varied?

Kaneco

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]

Item A counters Item B.
Item B counters Item C.
Item C counters Item A.

Rock paper scisors. Luckier one wins.

That was the most ridiculous thing I read today, you made no sense whatsoever.

Quoted from Vali

[…]

That is of course only those people, that at a rough guess do not even make up the majority (at least of the people who seem to show an interest in playing competitive tf2 closer to what we currently play). The majority are infact people who seem to have misconceptions about the skill required to join and the people in the competitive scene. If you really want to help competitive tf2 grow Kaneco, stop wasting time in this thread trying to convince people that unlocks are the saviour of tf2 and contact CrashSite and do some work for the newbie mix. It will do a lot more good.

But I am already working on a project for tf2 comp newbies, I’m not just here posting stuff and doing nothing. I love the game that much.

But now tell me where some unlocks like BB or gunboats or escape plan would hurt the EU scene? Tell me why there’s no room for those unlocks in EU? And don’t tell me it breaks the metagame or the game mechanics, NA league doesn’t seem to be broken whatsoever, far from it. Why are you so much against these unlocks that add spectacularity and a more interesting flow to the game?

I’m not talking about adding backburner or black box or non sense like that, tho I consider those “under grades” and I would allow them for the sake of consistency, any competent player can deal with those kind of weapons. I am talking about a few balanced and valid sidegrade unlocks like the gunboats or the boston basher, or the degreaser…

Quoted from AnimaL

Holy shit talk about biased examples. LOL, you are so desperate to make a point you can’t even think and consider some of the things you say. If dead ringer were to be allowed in 6 v 6 it would be pretty much worthless, the invisibility on command is one of the most important things for a 6 vs 6 spy, if you run through a team disguised and visible certainly they’re gonna notice, ever more if you have the dead ringer.

The 450hp heavy on middle before soldiers is a ridiculous false example, it simply can’t happen, soldier always gets first.

The sentry 500hp not sure what you’re referring to, if it’s a wrangled sentry lol, when you focus a sentry you will get it destroyed, if it’s wrangled it will take a couple of seconds more, but on the downside it won’t be autofiring so you have more free range to do whatever stuff you have to do

AnimaL

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Using Yank unlock rules will avoid all of these situations. They have played with unlocks before…and currently.

but what would they offer that we would need to allow them? would they invite more ppl to game than we would lose to the fact we will have unlocks again? would those new strats u get when playing with them ACTUALLY change how we play? i dont think so, because ive seen na soldiers play without gunboats and they have nothing in common with eu soldiers, other than aim

Kaneco, i cant agree to anything u say im afraid so i wont bother replying, your comments are full of “i dont think that unlock would do that even if i never seen them used by someone decent”

Last edited by AnimaL,

Kaneco

Quoted from Vali

[…]

Quick question: how is that more varied?

Option A: 1 weapon to choose from each slot
Option B: 2 Weapons to choose from each slot

Voilà! variety!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 Next »