Forum

So if Epsilon do fold after lan ..what happens to etf2l ?

Created 14th June 2012 @ 15:12

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

M24_

All the people shitting on Epsilon for quitting over prizes/money need to wake up. Epsilon have won literally everything possible, and if (a big if) an American team attends i46 and Epsilon wins, there will be literally nothing left in this game for them to win, no higher summit for them to climb. What fun can they have? it gets boring ripping through the rest of prem time and time again, and i’m sure they’re sick of playing infused in finals repreatedly.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from M24_

All the people shitting on Epsilon for quitting over prizes/money need to wake up. Epsilon have won literally everything possible, and if (a big if) an American team attends i46 and Epsilon wins, there will be literally nothing left in this game for them to win, no higher summit for them to climb. What fun can they have? it gets boring ripping through the rest of prem time and time again, and i’m sure they’re sick of playing infused in finals repreatedly.

ripping :D who are you again?

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Mike

[…] ripping :D who are you again?

It doesn’t really matter who he is since he’s made a pretty good point. Apart from Infused there’s no real challenge to Epsilon (imo) I mean the top 2 are miles better than the rest of prem (imo). Sure now and again you’ll get the lower teams taking points off them but will they really challenge consistently?

Last edited by rtan,

Kaneco

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
Not closed-minded at all

I tried, believe me I tried… I tried so hard getting into LOL, I first tried it in 2009 when all the hype didn’t even exist. Then over the last year some friends were playing it and invited me again to try, and I tried again and felt even more disgusted.

The thing that failed for me is the community, it’s the most retard and tryharding community I have ever seen on the internet. You can’t go one game with someone insulting or ragequiting or trolling or whatever retarded kids do. TF2 Community in this aspect beats any other by a large margin which is why I am sticking with it.

I have dota and it looks cool (much better than lol) but I don’t see how moba’s are interesting competitively, I think moba’s are way more fun games if played in a relaxed mood like you would if you would play ina tf2 or fps pub. The problem is that there’s no way to play in that mood in a moba because of the tryhard retarded kids. Every game is super srs business and you get responses like “if you want to play like that play against bots noob” and the likes.

CS GO looks cool but I never got much into fps that are not class based (apart from cod 2 which was awesome). After I first played W: Enemy Territory I couldn’t get enought of class based fps’s, that’s why I love tf2 so much and I wouldn’t play another game in the world right now, unless some really good fps of this kind comes along.

Shootmania looks retarded boring, the developers focused so much in making a competitively viable game that they left out so many important things like diversity and fun

sry for the offtopic.

Anyway my opinion is that tf2 is alive and well, getting bigger every day, and I think meet the pyro and the summer updates with the new game mode will bring an even better influx of players. Epsilon folds, another big teams will come, no big deal. I just hope shocky keeps playing tf2 because I see him as the best scout in tf2 at the moment, beast aim, godly movement, I don’t want to see a player of that kind go away to some shitty generic shooter like shootmania.

Skyride

DUCS

The only thing I would say is try Dota 2. Seriously. You’ll find that almost anyone who’s played LoL and gave Dota 2 a real chance thinks that LoL is pure shit in heinsight. Play a couple dozen games of it. If you still think it’s shit, fine, nothing is everyone’s cup of tea. But quite frankly, basing your opinion of the MOBA genre on LoL is like basing your opinion of the FPS genre on CoD.

Last edited by Skyride,

IPZIE

SUAVE

i like vaginas.

Kaneco

Quoted from Skyride

The only thing I would say is try Dota 2. Seriously. You’ll find that almost anyone who’s played LoL and gave Dota 2 a real chance thinks that LoL is pure shit in heinsight. Play a couple dozen games of it. If you still think it’s shit, fine, nothing is everyone’s cup of tea. But quite frankly, basing your opinion of the MOBA genre on LoL is like basing your opinion of the FPS genre on CoD.

I have tried Dota 2 and it looks and feels way better than LoL, by far…. I don’t know much about moba’s but I know LoL is baby’s first moba, but it still represents much of what the moba community is like. I’m liking the feel of dota but when all the lol kids know dota is f2p and start migrating I’m afraid the community will turn shit.

Also there’s no “pub like” atmosphere in mobas like I mentioned, at least I didn’t find one. So it’s not exactly a kind of chill game to me

Getting back to tf2, it shocks me that tf2 being the testing ground for the games valve is launching won’t have some competitive investment from their part like dota 2 is going to get. This is what worries me most about tf2 future, getting regular content is awesome but not enough at the moment, and they are doing both things with dota (regular content and investing into comp) so I don’t see why they wouldn’t sponsor a few thousand or hundred thousand dollar prizes for a couple of lans yearly in tf2. I’m pretty sure they have some spare cash for this from the mann co store, let alone steam sales.

I think this is the main point we need to focus and address to valve if we want to keep the game kickin… The community as it is is doing god’s work already, organizing lans, leagues, casts, prizes, even fundraisings for lans like the americans are doing. If anything we need more help from valve.

M24_

Quoted from rtan

[…]

It doesn’t really matter who he is since he’s made a pretty good point. Apart from Infused there’s no real challenge to Epsilon (imo) I mean the top 2 are miles better than the rest of prem (imo). Sure now and again you’ll get the lower teams taking points off them but will they really challenge consistently?

That was the point I was trying to make. No, Epsilon do not 5-0 5-0 every prem team, especially infused, but it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve won everything possible in this game.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

ETF2l Wouldn’t die even if all of the premiership teams folded after lan.
If big money tournaments kept this game alive it would have died 3 or so years ago after PCGamer or UKESA. If people want big money tournaments then they have to put the effort in by actually attending lans (Infused and Epsilon actually do to be fair).

I’m sure shootmania will get a few big money tournaments but if its shit they’ll dry up and people will get bored of it like Brink, but dont flame people for trying a new game…

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Too many different games have been released since the scene has begun to grow for the game to just die with the release of shootmania.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Tapley ❤

…people will get bored of it like Brink…

LOL, I even forgot about this game. What’s going on with it anyways? Any big tourneys taking place at all?

Waebi

‹Con›

no one will be talking about SM in 6 months anymore

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Waebi

no one will be talking about SM in 6 months anymore

Too early to say that. It will be intresting to see how it develops, as it stands it lacks depth but that may be improved upon.

Quoted from Clark

[…]
LOL, I even forgot about this game. What’s going on with it anyways? Any big tourneys taking place at all?

3 weeks after Launch Steam Stats showed less than 400 players. :D

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

stfu r7an you folded decerto after your prem debut

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »