Created 16th April 2012 @ 15:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from nTraum

Dave?

Been there, done that.
Should have the code lying around somewhere.

Though you’d want to have a cached list of all etf2l players on the server – the delay for requesting that information from the etf2l api prevents blocking players from joining the server – you’d have to kick them after they’ve joined, which isn’t a nice thing to do.

i’m not sure how i got all steamids back then, but iirc correctly this page ( http://etf2l.org/about/players/ ) wasn’t paginated and so it was ridiculously easy to get that list.
Later I did a plugin for huhy that also checked the division a player is in before allowing him to join, by iterating over all teams participating in the current season.
Now, having a (up-to-date) list of all players is a bit more difficult (or at least more expensive) as there is no way anymore to get them all with one (or a few) requests.

Well, it’s easily doable, so the only thing missing is a server basically… i’d be willing to do any coding+administering stuff required for it.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from wrock

edit: so the only thing remaining is to get a list from etf2l with all steamid’s (updated daily)

Not really feasible considering the amount of signups per day and the fact changing steamids does happen (implying you’d have to go over all of them to check for updates).

Gladdy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Not really feasible considering the amount of signups per day and the fact changing steamids does happen (implying you’d have to go over all of them to check for updates).

Or you could just add a button to the profiles that adds (or refreshes) your steam id to the server whitelist. That way you don’t have to go over all (inactive) players and people are responsible for getting their own steam id updated on the server.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

[…]

Mh. Well but creating a list of all steam ids every night or so should be realisable. People can / have to live with the fact that the list is one day behind.

Also, the kick after join doesn’t sound that bad. Life’s no walk in the park.

Last edited by nTraum,

wrock

vier

[…]

mmm..i dont know how the etf2l structure looks like(and number of signups?)
but open a file copy the steam id and past it in another file shouldn’t take that long
and if do it right searching wont be that problem(altough i dont know how it really works unless i know some numbers etc.)

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

Mh. Well but creating a list of all steam ids every night or so should be realisable. People can / have to live with the fact that the list is one day behind.

Also, the kick after join doesn’t sound that bad. Life’s no walk in the park.

excactly what i mean, 1 day waiting after you join the etf2l shouldnt be the problem ;)

Last edited by wrock,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Gladdy

[…]

Or you could just add a button to the profiles that adds (or refreshes) your steam id to the server whitelist. That way you don’t have to go over all (inactive) players and people are responsible for getting their own steam id updated on the server.

Clever :)

IPZIE

SUAVE

if you play there you are faster on the “multihack” list then you can say nikachew!

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from IPZIE

if you play there you are faster on the “multihack” list then you can say nikachew!

wow umad?

almightybob

.ps

So it’s a public server that doesn’t let the public in?

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from almightybob

sounds perfect.

GooDKaT.CAT

[LBC]

Quoted from almightybob

Nailed it!

Fishy

I thought when I joined up there was a few days wait until you got whitelisted? People can wait np

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Things are sorted. Give him one of these servers that are reserved for league games, put a multiplay / tt banner on it and let Dave do this.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Yeah, we used to run a script that fetched all steamIDs daily, that wrote all steamids to a file, which would be read by the gameserver and imported into a database there. I suppose we could re-enable that, but not right now (maybe soon), due to us not having proper access.

Also, why the “API” is a bit useless at times, it because it was not made to be a public thing. Most if it was made for internal things (calendar, submitting results, etc.), so it does exactly what we needed it to. It being documented for everyone was just a side effect.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

maybe dont ban every non-etf2l player.
but give them reserved slots
having 2 free extra slots for etf2l only and if the server is full with normal slots a non-etfl2l guy is kicked for a new etf2l guy…

running a only etf2l “public” would be 90% of the time empty

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »