Mapchange after Mappick

Created 16th February 2009 @ 19:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1

mardur

GC

I want to discuss what happend at that match: http://etf2l.org/matches/9107/

One of the first comments was :
‘These maps that we have to play are a bit messed up’

Well, both teams picked those maps and now they have to play them. But they didn’t. Both teams ‘agreed’ to change both maps from labor and 2fort to badlands and granary and they found an admin to approve that change.

I do not complain about that match or these teams or the admin. But there are rules how to pick maps, including a limited count for each map and excluded the possibility to change these picks afterwards. The only exception is to change to a second or third party pool map (!), if both teams picked the same map for that match.

Now what happend here. The teams and the admin decided to completely ignore existing rules and do whatever they want.

If that is what the ETF2L wants, then change the mappick rules and let all teams choose whatever they want, even 1 hour before the match.

beN

free map picks for all that have admin in his team.

nice where can i become admin ?

we played gravelpit and 2fort ffs and now others are allowed to change 2fort cause its a bit messed ?

Jonni

[FB]

no this is not how it went. I’ll explain.
TB and Nameless came to me seperately to ask if they could change the maps picked for that match. both teams did not play the maps that were chosen at random due to not picking maps in time at beginning of season.
Both Teams agreed that it would be a strange combination of maps to play due to not having practice on these maps at all.
In my opinion it was better this way because playing the original maps would not have been a true show of skill but more of a contest of luck (due to both teams having 0 practice on those maps).

Now I am sorry if this made any other teams (that did not feature in the match) upset but I cannot change this anymore. I understand you being upset and it won’t happen again.

Jonni

beN

Both Teams agreed that it would be a strange combination of maps to play due to not having practice on these maps at all.

both teams knew it more then 30 days before. and if they wasnt able to practice the maps its there problem. they picked it and they have to play it.

we picked 2fort and had to play it cause we allready used our pick limit and there was no other map. and friends of an admin can change with a silly reason like they are messed up and we didnt practice it?

if you cant see real skill on this maps, then dont do a pick limit!

kaidus

WiK?

Jonni, the man above me does actually raise an interesting point. If you’re willing to bend these rules because they are maps that aren’t played, then how is it in any way fair that a team can simply power train an unplayed map and then thrust it at their opponents who will have to depend on nothing but luck (as you so said) to win? Surely maps like this are better off removed than allowing cheap victories and all this confusion :/.

Judas

Kot=Brot
FuDoo :>

gay

sexy_kroete

Kot=Brot

Yeah, if you want bad/gran only, set pick limit to 5. Otherwise, dont change existing map picks.

bice

Pretty much a load of bullshit.

veehell

-cavalier-

tbh, teams in div3 should be little bit familiar with both maps….
i mean those initially choosen (even by default)

beta

RaWr ::

Am I missing something here,

If BOTH teams requested and wanted the map change, of course both would have to be within the limit – why is this a problem?

If one team disagree’s…it stays as it is…problem solved surely?

Mike

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

We apologise this decision was incorrect. Of course you are not allowed to change any maps which were picked during the Map Picks (except by the Rule which was already mentioned).

Add A Reply Pages: 1