Forum

Dropped teams? Promote who wants to play!

Created 26th January 2009 @ 02:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

____13____

Hello.

There are already many teams who dropped (6), and we are right in the beggining of season 4… So, why not promote lower div teams to the place of the higher div teams that dropped?
In div3, one team dropped. So, why not replace it by 1 div4 team?
In div4, 5 teams dropped, and there are also many teams from div5 eager to play in div4, and waiting 3 months to play where they belong is just, humm, difficult to accept, so the players from div5 will disband to other teams in superior divisions.

Besides, in div1, Komacrew dropped, so delirium got promoted from div2 to div1. Div1 and div2 teams have an higher skill than teams from lower divisions, kudos to them, but they have the same rights and duties of any div6 team. So, we only want equal treatment…
And getting default wins just sucks… Clans are here to play, not to win without playing…

Let’s make divisions more competitive, and everyone happy.

Now you can say “well, most teams already played 1 match, and the teams that dropped already chosen the maps, now you can’t choose maps again because it gives you an advantage, blablabla”. So what? I bet every team who currently plays in div4 and wants to play in div3 would gladly change division even if they couldn’t change map picks, or even if they start with one or two default losses. Same to div5 teams.

Whoever is against, please tell the reason, do not just say “I/we am/are against (because we already got a default win, and now it’s easier to get promoted, and our only goal is to win at all costs)”, or “It’s too dificult to implement”…

Cheers

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

The reason why it was so important to fill up division 1 is because of the sponsorship (That’s my opinion anyway). I’m not saying they shouldn’t do what you said, there’s no reason for them not to, but I don’t think the admins are going to be so motivated to do so for all the lower divisions.

I do beleive there are a lot of new teams or teams that didn’t make the sign ups in time, some of those might be around to filter out the holes in the division.

And yes, I do know what you are saying, I just don’t know if the admins can be bothered to sort that out for the lower divisions a couple of weeks into the league. (The admins were aware of a possible KC fold over a week before the league started so there was time for preparation).

BIGPOISON

It’s much easier to promote teams from smaller divisions…but having the large amount of teams in the lower divisions makes it almost impossible to “fairly” promote one. You’ll be pleasing a few, but pissing off a lot more.

But, that may be good: more teams playing like they have something to prove, allowing for better play. Or rash decisions…

I remain undecided.

ydor

[eLD]

The main difference was that there were no matches played yet when KC folded and were replaced.

Where would you draw the line? Replace until within week 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or maybe 10?

What about the games before that date? Would they all have to be replayed? In my opinion it would make any serious competition a farce to have teams moved one way or the other all the time during a running competition.

____13____

BIGPOISON: a 1 map-cup (badlands or granary only) would do it. For example, in div5, you could choose the best 4 teams of each div5 (20 teams) and then they would only need to play 2 maps. If a clan loses, he’s out. If it wins, he can play the second map. There, who wins gets promoted… Not a big deal…

ydor, but the season had already started. div1 teams just wait until the very end of the limit date to play. If the teams from the others divs did the same, the wouldnt been played…
I personally would draw the line until week2…
And believe me, you could even give default losses to week 1 and 2 to the clans that got promoted. Everyone team who aims for a higher division prefers to be there, but with 2 default losses, than winning a lower division..

kaidus

WiK?

But then the teams that get default wins receive what are essentially free points.

J3

Kaidus they allready had the defaults from the 2week matches, that would be the fair way i supose.

I honestly dont know what to say about this subject, too many variables. Ah i should prolly go sleep no…zzzz

wer

tfortress.no

“Everyone team who aims for a higher division prefers to be there, but with 2 default losses, than winning a lower division..”

what if those default losses made the promoted team lose their division and then had to play in the lower division again next season, when they actually would’ve won the lower division this season and played in higher next

xtala

Good point Erlend.
Futhermore, you can’t just go an hold a tournament in every division, every time a team drops.

____13____

Erlend: Only the teams that want to take the risk would participate. If they got demoted because of that 2 games, maybe their place never been div4…

But seems this will never happen, so this is kinda pointless…

Grem

rEJ
TG

Would be nice to have a comp for promotion due to dropped teams. As it stands at the moment, theres 6 dropped teams in div4, and the competition is pretty much even in div5 atm with a lot of the good teams drawing or having very close results. I wouldn’t mind staying in div5 as all the matches we’ve had have been top notch, but with so many empty spots in div4, I would be happy with a comp for div5 to div4, mainly cos ts so early in the league.

Waebi

‹Con›

For example, in div5, you could choose the best 4 teams of each div5 (20 teams) and then they would only need to play 2 maps. If a clan loses, he’s out. If it wins, he can play the second map. There, who wins gets promoted… Not a big deal…

the irony, the irony. Try to find a date / many dates suitable for all these div5 teams. I’m not being an elitist jerk, but as far as i recall from my games there, many play the game for the fun and have maybe a good lineup 1-2 days/week.

also, if you replace teams… you have to replace the team who replaced the other one and so on. In the end, Div6 is empty and they all get the default wins you’d like to avoid. See the problem?

Add A Reply Pages: 1