Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Grem

rEJ
TG

I have a quick query about the scout’s rapid fire script:

Do NOT post illegal scripts – wlv

According to the rule:

1.4.6 Fast-Shoot-Script is forbidden
Any kind of Fast-Shoot-Script is forbidden. A player using a Fast-Shoot-Script in an ETF2L match will be punished.

Due to this before the league started, I disabled the script in my config, but during the two matches we’ve had so far, I’m quite certain that one or two of the scouts frm the opposing team are using it.
I’m not gonna name names here, but I just want to know how this rule is enforced in the league? If I say to an admin ‘Bob’ is using a fast fire script, ‘Bob’ can just counter by saying he’s got fast fingers as there is no way to check cfgs (afaik) during a game, and if an admin ask’s for the cfg post game, they could just remove it and present a clean one. I’m sure you can see my pridicament.
So my question is, how is this enforced?

Puppets

i can make a script for my mouse to fire 12 pistol shots as fast as possible … no one could ever proofe this as its not even in my tf cfg :P … and there are really some scouts that can shoot that fast that you might believe they use a script even though they dont

Grem

rEJ
TG

So you see my dilemma. Why have that rule in the first place :<

Winneh

[s7]

Hammering ur mousebutton very fast is one thing, perfectly “normal” smooth aiming while doin that – another.
The little handicap that u have while hammering mouse1 as fast as possible is, that u cant control your mouse very precisely – if u use a script, u just hit 1 button. Ofc you cant spot anyone using forbidden scripts, but most of em.

If you have doubts about other players, feel free to pm an admin and we will have a look at it.

Funkeh

DStM

Yup I have come across this too, in other leagues and pcws….

Still, 2 rockets in the mid-riff usually sorts ’em reet aaht :D

sc.lofty

When I played scout full-time I was fully able to fire at max rate while maintaining steady aim.

Just takes practice.

reggin

FoF

how about binding shoot to the mousewheel

Waebi

‹Con›

forbidden too.

Murderface

God damn, why would you even bother with a script like that? Pathetic tbh!

Grem

rEJ
TG

Well obviously shooting the pistol at max rate and maintaining aim is quite skill to achieve, hence people turn to a script that would allow them to do that with less effort involved.

Murderface

less? or none :P

appz

wMiC?

with the scout pistol its not about clicking as fast as possible anyway theres an optimal speed to click at before your shooting too fast + thatll result in getting the same effect as not shooting fast enough, basically if u see someone rattling off clip after clip of perfect full speed pistol shots for the whole game then theres a fairly good chance its a script, if they do it for a few clips but not all the time then they probibly dont.
just check their demo + see what it averages out to even the best scouts will be slow on at least a couple of shots with their pistol during a game

Wlv

RaWr ::

Do NOT post banned scripts, a description is more than enough, you’ve been warned.

Bun

GM

Happened alot lately.

In the last 3-4 matches we played (2etf2l 2wireplay). All the scouts were using fastfire scripts, and REALLY messed up rates. As in, couldn’t hit em.

beta

RaWr ::

God sake Rob i was copying that ! :F

As said time and time again, if you believe people are scripting, record a demo and speak with the Admin.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »