Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 43 44 45 46 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Yoursillyself

[…]Vannila Q3A, OSP, CMPA, Quake 4 (That train of thought really went off a cliff, though it did give us some top players) Quake Live,

Uuuh… You’re comparing changes within 1 enclosed game to changes between entirely seperate games? Cool.

We have at least: TF, TFC, TF2.

Then also derivatives like Q3F, ETF, UF, FF.

Changes between Fortress games > changes between Quake games.

Your point is now invalid.

(but tbh it was already invalid before I made this post)

Last edited by skeej,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

-admin edit: ad hominem removed-

Yoursillyself

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
it was because of the unlocks that a large part of the top teams didnt even sign up
and
it is NOT suited for competitive play, stop talking absolute drivel like you know anything about the game (even I know more and Im horrible yes inb4’d everyone xoxo) this isnt like COD which was not like QL which was not like CS
the claim that people cant adapt is incredibly stupid and ignorant, you could’ve at least read a couple of threads where everything you’ve said now has been disproved a dozen times before posting the same stuff that has been posted before because people cba to read

WRONG

The reason big teams didn’t sign up was due to one reason and one reason only. There isn’t enough money in it.

Dignitas (One of the teams that left) all have active Brink, WoW, LoL and CoD teams. All of which are generally considered shit competitive games (Heck LoL is a pay2win game that has to hack in spectators). The reason? There’s money in it, so the teams follow.

TF2 has had the issue of not enough players to consider sponsorships. With F2P coming in and hopefully better tornies, the big teams will come back, regardless of what rule sets you use.

And if you knew anything about FPS + RTS competitive scenes, you will see a lot of similarities between the communities and how they react to changes.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

hello cameron.

counter strike: source

case closed.

Dummy

[…]

BLAAAAAAAAA

shut up already, christ its getting annoying
youre wrong
deal with it

RaCio

GoT²

[…]

WRONG

The reason big teams didn’t sign up was due to one reason and one reason only. There isn’t enough money in it.

I’m pretty sure at least one team boycotted a 1000 dollar cup because rules were kritz + equalizer + bonk + sandvich.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

*Making popcorn*

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

[…]

WRONG

All top teams in this scene play because they enjoy the game. If they don’t enjoy it they don’t play. Simple as that. See pwr/sg-1 & esh cup for example.

Last edited by Koeitje,

tasKu

e-famous

-admin edit: please don’t post unless you have something worthwhile to add-

Last edited by tasKu,

Yoursillyself

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Uuuh… You’re comparing changes within 1 enclosed game to changes between entirely seperate games? Cool.

We have at least: TF, TFC, TF2.

Then also derivatives like Q3F, ETF, UF, FF.

Changes between Fortress games > changes between Quake games.

Your point is now invalid.

(but tbh it was already invalid before I made this post)

Wow you either have no idea what Quake 3 was about, or are just retarded.

Quake 3 vannila community has generally been very receptive to most changes, and the list I gave was the natural progression that followed and all the above were very similar games.

I didn’t mention Q1, QW, Q2, Quake 3 TA, because like your examples of TF, TFC, Q3F, ETF, UF, FF. they were all very different games.

OSP was the original competitive mod for Quake 3, introducing lots of fun and nice features (Mostly better netcode). This was later surpassed by CMPA that included more movement options and modified balance. Quake 4 then got released which was a 1:1 copy of Quake 3 vannila (Aside from croush sliding and a new engine), although generally badly received and most people went back to CMPA, it did introduce a lot of new talented players to the quake 3 world. Afterwards ID created Quake Live based on Quake 3 vannila + TA (Although the TA stuff is’t used in competitive) with better balance. Effectively these have all been patch sized alterations to the same game and often had larger implications then the weapon changes we have here at TF2. Someone who played quake 3 at a high level could generally do the same in Quake 4, OSP, CMPA and quake live. The same can’t be said for Quake 3 to Q1, Qw, Q2 and Q3TA, or TF2 to TF, TFC, Q3F, ETF, UF, FF.

Also I’m not suggesting competitive players CAN’T adapt, as the best players generally will when forced. I’m suggesting that competitive players will not adapt, doing everything in their power to keep things familiar.

Dummy

[…]

Wow you either have no idea what Quake 3 was about, or are just retarded.

Quake 3 vannila community has generally been very receptive to most changes, and the list I gave was the natural progression that followed and all the above were very similar games.

I didn’t mention Q1, QW, Q2, Quake 3 TA, because like your examples of TF, TFC, Q3F, ETF, UF, FF. they were all very different games.

OSP was the original competitive mod for Quake 3, introducing lots of fun and nice features (Mostly better netcode). This was later surpassed by CMPA that included more movement options and modified balance. Quake 4 then got released which was a 1:1 copy of Quake 3 vannila (Aside from croush sliding and a new engine), although generally badly received and most people went back to CMPA, it did introduce a lot of new talented players to the quake 3 world. Afterwards ID created Quake Live based on Quake 3 vannila + TA (Although the TA stuff is’t used in competitive) with better balance. Effectively these have all been patch sized alterations to the same game and often had larger implications then the weapon changes we have here at TF2. Someone who played quake 3 at a high level could generally do the same in Quake 4, OSP, CMPA and quake live. The same can’t be said for Quake 3 to Q1, Qw, Q2 and Q3TA, or TF2 to TF, TFC, Q3F, ETF, UF, FF.

Also I’m not suggesting competitive players CAN’T adapt, as the best players generally will when forced. I’m suggesting that competitive players will not adapt, doing everything in their power to keep things familiar.

and youre wrong
can you please stop posting?
your input is not new or original
its useless, probably even more so than koetje’s and tasku’s posts because although insulting they were at least right (youre div 6 after all)
youre not contributing to anything youre not being helpful youre not going to change anyhing mostly because youre the only person who thinks youre right
please, please stop posting youre just incredibly incorrect in every argument you make its hilarious / depressing

Yoursillyself

Quoted from Daleth

hello cameron.

counter strike: source

case closed.

Counter Strike: Source had the same issue the TF2 originally did. Everyone who came from CS 1.6 / TF expected it to be the same game with a new engine. When there was changes, all the old players complained and went back to the old game. CSS is however gaining speed slowly, as CS 1.6 loses all its old players and people stop playing. In certain parts of the world (Especially here in the UK) CSS scene is actually stronger then CS 1.6.

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
Damn it! Logic, Facts, reasoning and using several data points. My mortal enemies! I must reply with a statement that gives no evidence or reasoning!

Fixed

Quoted from RaCio

[…]I’m pretty sure at least one team boycotted a 1000 dollar cup because rules were kritz + equalizer + bonk + sandvich.

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

All top teams in this scene play because they enjoy the game. If they don’t enjoy it they don’t play. Simple as that. See pwr/sg-1 & esh cup for example.

I agree. Teams will only play if they enjoy a game. However considering that TF2 has a considerable playerbase, do you really think any of the big gaming teams would have issues finding said players? Heck if they can people who enjoy LoL’s high level metagame, then TF2 should be no problem.

Quoted from MIndYe

*Making popcorn*

Glad your enjoying it :D I feel like I’ve walked into texas and suggested that evolution can be used in conjunction with belief in god. In both cases all the arguments have no evidence, logic or reasoning behind them and contain mindless statements and attacks. Although I suppose it was the same in L4D2, and that comp scene died after people refused to change.

Although the mods need to be slower, I want to read the funny comments :D Jking, the fact I don’t get to see the retarded things people are replying with suggests you’re going a great job, keep up the good work invisible moderators :D

Dummy

[…]etc etc

I cba repeating unlike you, you dont seem to get that youre wrong so you repeat the same stuff all over again in different words hoping it’ll somehow sound better
also im sure youve played top level quake, cs, and cod, which you must’ve as you claim to have insight into the decisions made by the top players.
youre not, again, being clever or funny or insightful – stop posting, you add NOTHING new to the discussion and just start the old arguments again and again

grimbar

Quoted from Dummy

ymmud

Yoursillyself

-Admin edit: no baiting please –

Last edited by RaCio,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 43 44 45 46 Next »