Forum

Lets talk about warmfront

Created 25th April 2011 @ 12:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

grimbar

I propose a ratio of 90% prem and 10% other divisions.

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Even pickups are a competitive environment, but they would just be a way to introduce them to players, who then might be temped to play them in PCW’s. I also said things like MNM and other cups will help.

If you do not like this, then AFS should become annual and only feature new maps, this would give a lot of teams a chance to play untested maps. Then feedback through AFS could be used to choose the maps until the next summer where the process is repeated, there are many things that can be tired, there is no point pointing out flaws, as every method has them, instead suggestion your own and then help making it happen.

Yes those maps were popular, so is Badlands, so is Granary. I fail to see your point. Yes opinions change and when they do, the new voting systems means that the map will get replaced.

edit for you edit:

Well I address that above, although the map has to be workable at all levels. Although I can’t think of a map that is not workable at both ends.

If it weren’t for high level players having a bigger influence we would still be playing well, fastlane, freight and who knows what.

kaidus

WiK?

I thought warmfront was good at first, but the more I play it the more I start to hate it. I really don’t think there’s enough support for it for it to stay in next season though so wouldn’t worry too much.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from evokje

[…]
How about the forum? :O

Could work, if threads weren’t instantly locked as soon as they become too inconvenient for the powers that be. Don’t mad.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Arnold

[…]

If it weren’t for high level players having a bigger influence we would still be playing well, fastlane, freight and who knows what.

And if it wasn’t for Prem players in the first place, I am sure we would not have played those maps in the first place. As either you are saying they have no influence or you are saying that they have a say and so the bad maps are there fault as well as the good ones.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from grimbar

I propose a ratio of 90% prem and 10% other divisions.

So top Div 1 is bundled in with bottem Div 6?

You can see why is is impractical.

grimbar

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

So top Div 1 is bundled in with bottem Div 6?

You can see why is is impractical.

I can, yet I don’t give a damn. Decisions regarding how to play should only be carried out by the very top – that is all.

Arnold

DAKKA

Well was a standard, fastlane was introduced officially (didn’t last long though), freight was played for many seasons (being it was the only custom 5cp map at the time worth a damn i guess, i never liked it) Badlands and granary have issues but people are dead set on having them just because they are a staple now.

Does anyone actually push to 2nd from the canyon where the resupply is? Are people able to push out from last with equal ubers or can the attacking team only push in? Do you like losing a round because a twat got on the point a few miliseconds before you did? Do you like pushing into last basically spamming everywhere? Do you like pushing from 2nd to middle on granary with equal ubers? Do you like the random spam on midfights granary and badlands? don’t forget the awful trains/traintracks rocket damage detection.

I mean maps will evolve but at least they were given a chance. 2fort was played in the first season for crying out loud. Pickups don’t work and neither do MNM and neither will the most popular maps be the best ones. Only inclusion of a playable map in a season will allow people to create at least somewhat of a decent opinion.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

I can, yet I don’t give a damn. Decisions regarding how to play should only be carried out by the very top – that is all.

Got to love the feudal system, I prefer democracy that the aristocracy rule, even in a sport. Although in most sports it is not up to any players, whether the top or the bottom, it is the ruling organisation that decides everything, so thank the admins that anyone has an input at all.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Arnold

Well was a standard, fastlane was introduced officially (didn’t last long though), freight was played for many seasons (being it was the only custom 5cp map at the time worth a damn i guess, i never liked it) Badlands and granary have issues but people are dead set on having them just because they are a staple now.

Does anyone actually push to 2nd from the canyon where the resupply is? Are people able to push out from last with equal ubers or can the attacking team only push in? Do you like losing a round because a twat got on the point a few miliseconds before you did? Do you like pushing into last basically spamming everywhere? Do you like pushing from 2nd to middle on granary with equal ubers? Do you like the random spam on midfights granary and badlands? don’t forget the awful trains/traintracks rocket damage detection.

I mean maps will evolve but at least they were given a chance. 2fort was played in the first season for crying out loud. Pickups don’t work and neither do MNM and neither will the most popular maps be the best ones. Only inclusion of a playable map in a season will allow people to create at least somewhat of a decent opinion.

So what is your opinion, we introduce maps in every season and see the communities reaction? Or are you in favor of my AFS suggestion? I actually agree with you in terms of BL and Gran having major issues, much perfer Gully (<3 you Arnold) and Gpit.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Sorry I can not see how hiding is a “very interesting element”. And maybe you’re not aware, but in top divisions snipers are a bit of a aces. I mean if you’ll just pop up from cornet to look whats happening then you will be mostly headshoted. Just look at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HwBvOzj1EU

About demoman jumping on medic, demo that goes left has atleast on sticky in his face from demo taht on ramp, so jumping to him would be pointless at he would be spoted and low on HP. Also theres no real palce to jump and you will just die.

Point about pyro just proves that this map is not build for 6×6.

6v6 isnt limited to 4 classes.

in every division there is a sniper who will get epic sprees which are equally dangerous considering the skill of his opponents. and this is greg… he is like this on every map. qq

demo jumping from left is about as viable as demo jumping into enemy vally on badlands to get early pick. + he should arrive on the healthpack as the enemy demo arrives on the cliff.

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

So what is your opinion, we introduce maps in every season and see the communities reaction? Or are you in favor of my AFS suggestion? I actually agree with you in terms of BL and Gran having major issues, much perfer Gully (<3 you Arnold) and Gpit.

I would say filtering out the really bad ones using pickups and AFS isn’t a bad idea at all, but maps that introduce new ideas and maps that appear to be playable should be given a chance after some delibiration. I’m not saying introduce 2 new maps every season but when a map is removed after serious discussion it could open up a chance for another map. Popularity just isn’t a way to judge the quality of a map.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I don’t care what maps we use I just can’t bear to see CrashSite post on the forums.

Sadfaces.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Hildreth

I don’t care what maps we use I just can’t bear to see CrashSite post on the forums.

Sadfaces.

Shut up Hildreth, post something useful instead.

stvv

WUL

ich liebe warmfront

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »